How much people are playing Apex

by SethCurry

Original Post

How much people are playing Apex

★★★★★ Guide

Where do i go to see the playerbase numbers live feed who are currently playing on all 3 platforms PC, Ps4, XBox?? 

Message 1 of 23 (28,512 Views)

Re: How much people are playing Apex

★★★★ Pro

@SethCurry wrote:

Where do i go to see the playerbase numbers live feed who are currently playing on all 3 platforms PC, Ps4, XBox?? 

Why? The wait times for lobbies tells you all you need to know. Wait times are very short for the most part (unless it's higher ranked late at night) which tells me the player base is plenty healthy.

Or are you looking for a stick to beat the devs with?

Message 2 of 23 (28,489 Views)

Champion

There was a topic posted a while back boasting a 50 million player base if thats any help lol

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 23 (28,480 Views)

★★ Guide

There is no way to tell because it's on Origin launcher which doesn't have stats like Steam to show player counts. The only way to really get a rough estimate is off of Twitch you'll see 50k+ are viewing which means they probably play the game at some point. Then you count the streamers (dumb hard to do cause of all the small streams with no views) Also no real point in figuring out the rough estimate because we're separated on different servers when you login (unless your in the same region) Best option is to change your server to a very populated one if your having issues finding matches even if its a little higher on ping around 50-60 ping is still very much playable. Closest server to me is Virginia 1 at 22ms and very populated. Although New York is closer somehow my ping is lower in the Virginia server

Message 4 of 23 (28,451 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Silz616 It tells you how many people are queued when you hit ready. Most the times it is barely enough to fill 2 games. Not sure what that says but even in lower ranks queue times are slightly longer. Which is expected the longer the season goes and people are close or already completed the battle pass.
Message 5 of 23 (28,434 Views)

★★ Pro
@SethCurry millions, and keep decreasing day by day i guess.
Message 6 of 23 (28,396 Views)

★ Guide
@bosourd So, the same as any game in the history of gaming then?

I don't get why people say this, player base decreasing over time is a given.
Message 7 of 23 (28,377 Views)

★★ Pro
@tonycawley69 here's the kicker, the players leaving even before season 1 started, and when season 1 launched, a good amount of players came back, few days after, players left again, same thing happen with season 2, and all that because of what? cheaters. They don't do enough about preventing cheaters (for now at least). Players leaving not because they just bored or found a better game that just came out, no, they are actually pissed because of it. Don't you get it? i've been in this forum since day 1 and there is always one big problem that players worried the most, Cheaters.
Message 8 of 23 (28,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@SethCurryhere is pc, I did find couple months back where is showed console also. But cant find it...https://playercounter.com/apex-legends/

Message 9 of 23 (28,361 Views)

★★ Guide

@bosourd wrote:
@tonycawley69here's the kicker, the players leaving even before season 1 started, and when season 1 launched, a good amount of players came back, few days after, players left again, same thing happen with season 2, and all that because of what? cheaters. They don't do enough about preventing cheaters (for now at least). Players leaving not because they just bored or found a better game that just came out, no, they are actually pissed because of it. Don't you get it? i've been in this forum since day 1 and there is always one big problem that players worried the most, Cheaters.

Your right more things can be done to prevent cheaters, I recommend reading the post I made which brings up a good way to hopefully at least (reduce) a large amount of that problem. It's here https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Fixing-ranked-Hacking-issue-Must-read/m-p/8022204#M3516...

It's not fool proof but it'll help lower the numbers by a good amount overall until they can figure something out. 

On topic, so someone said earlier that theres barely enough people in que to fill 2 games. This heavily depends on your region and what time your playing the game. Remember there are a TON of servers and people tend to choose data centers either closer to them or those that will be more popular. Often times people try to find out what servers streamers play on for a chance to be in the game (even at the cost of higher ping) it's silly but happens often. Also the number of people in que often times is completely wrong anyway. It's hard to judge based off of that what so ever.

Message 10 of 23 (28,357 Views)