Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How much internet does Apex Legends use?

by nemanjagag191

Original Post

How much internet does Apex Legends use?

★★★★ Novice

So, last week i installed the game, and i am very happy with the gameplay, looks etc.

However i have internet connection that snaps randomly, and i have latency issues.

So i was wondering does anyone know how much bandwidth does this game uses?

For an example: 100mb per match, or 100mb per hour.

Because i wanted to switch to a 4G mobile hotspot connection and they do not have unlimited internet plan.

They have around 12gb for a reasonable price...

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 19 (26,480 Views)

Re: How much internet does Apex Legends use?

Community Manager

@nemanjagag191 

The connection requirement states 512Kbits/s, this equates to ~230Megabytes/h.

Tethering via mobile is not advised.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 19 (26,424 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you sir.

Message 3 of 19 (26,397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@nemanjagag191 

The connection requirement states 512Kbits/s, this equates to ~230Megabytes/h.

Tethering via mobile is not advised.

Thanks.

It's not thruth. I have 2 mb/s and game is laging on the beging as hell. When i look up on my task manager game is taking all my internet usage, its look like IN GAME download system ... This is kind of a joke from developer who write that bad functionality ... In other games i dont have that issue (for example in COD 4 or CS:GO or in Overwatch, all the time my ping is stable and internet usage is not heigher than 0,3 - 0,4 mb/s) - maybe because there devs are thinking ... I dont know but this "IN GAME" download is the stupid think i ever seen and for me and other ppl with low internet speed, game is unplayable.

Message 4 of 19 (24,981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My internet runs at about 2mbit download and 1mbit upload w/ 80-100 ping and the game still refuses to work on my internet.

Message 5 of 19 (23,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This video provides an analysis of the current netcode implementation of Apex.  I know I've seen it brought up here before, but some others may not have seen it.

The entire video is worth a watch, but below are some key timestamps everyone should be aware of.  The last point being directly related to your question, @nemanjagag191, as well as your issue @ididntrushb.

1:44 - Data Center Selection Process

2:58 - Server and Client Send Rates

5:09 - Bandwidth Usage

Message 6 of 19 (23,231 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

but is your answer per day or week or month?

Message 7 of 19 (21,520 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unless you are talking about 24 hours of nonstop playing, and I am doubtful even then,it won't hit nearly that. 

I have no option but a 4G connection ..it works fine.  I have played Apex, GT sport, H1Z1, bf4,  BF1,  BFV on 4G with zero issues.  On BF I typically ping 60-70MS with very little jitter. No issues on FPS until 90+ MS. 

14 days left on a 30 day cycle and I have used 6.8 GB.  That includes the last PS4 system update at 500 MB, as well as I believe about 1-1.5 GB for other updates this month. So approximately 4.8 GB of data so far playing BF5,4,1 and Apex over 16 days.this includes 2 weekends where I played a ton and playing Apex 2-3 hours nearly every night.  

Message 8 of 19 (20,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ididntrushb wrote:

My internet runs at about 2mbit download and 1mbit upload w/ 80-100 ping and the game still refuses to work on my internet.

MBit is not a megabyte. your connection 2mbit = 125kb x 2 = 250 KB a second which is about half of the required bandwidth for the game.

Message 9 of 19 (20,035 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i have 12 mb fiber connection (from south Asia) .  and most of DAY time i get lag but no lag at night ( asia) .  many people start using VPN to avoid damage .  

Message 10 of 19 (19,648 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help