Re: How much internet does Apex Legends use?

by CreatorOfEvil

Original Post

How much internet does Apex Legends use?

★★★ Novice

So, last week i installed the game, and i am very happy with the gameplay, looks etc.

However i have internet connection that snaps randomly, and i have latency issues.

So i was wondering does anyone know how much bandwidth does this game uses?

For an example: 100mb per match, or 100mb per hour.

Because i wanted to switch to a 4G mobile hotspot connection and they do not have unlimited internet plan.

They have around 12gb for a reasonable price...

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 25 (77,352 Views)

Community Manager

@nemanjagag191 

The connection requirement states 512Kbits/s, this equates to ~230Megabytes/h.

Tethering via mobile is not advised.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 25 (77,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you sir.

Message 3 of 25 (77,248 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@nemanjagag191 

The connection requirement states 512Kbits/s, this equates to ~230Megabytes/h.

Tethering via mobile is not advised.

Thanks.

It's not thruth. I have 2 mb/s and game is laging on the beging as hell. When i look up on my task manager game is taking all my internet usage, its look like IN GAME download system ... This is kind of a joke from developer who write that bad functionality ... In other games i dont have that issue (for example in COD 4 or CS:GO or in Overwatch, all the time my ping is stable and internet usage is not heigher than 0,3 - 0,4 mb/s) - maybe because there devs are thinking ... I dont know but this "IN GAME" download is the stupid think i ever seen and for me and other ppl with low internet speed, game is unplayable.

Message 4 of 25 (75,832 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My internet runs at about 2mbit download and 1mbit upload w/ 80-100 ping and the game still refuses to work on my internet.

Message 5 of 25 (74,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This video provides an analysis of the current netcode implementation of Apex.  I know I've seen it brought up here before, but some others may not have seen it.

The entire video is worth a watch, but below are some key timestamps everyone should be aware of.  The last point being directly related to your question, @nemanjagag191, as well as your issue @ididntrushb.

1:44 - Data Center Selection Process

2:58 - Server and Client Send Rates

5:09 - Bandwidth Usage

Message 6 of 25 (74,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but is your answer per day or week or month?

Message 7 of 25 (72,376 Views)

★ Guide

Unless you are talking about 24 hours of nonstop playing, and I am doubtful even then,it won't hit nearly that. 

I have no option but a 4G connection ..it works fine.  I have played Apex, GT sport, H1Z1, bf4,  BF1,  BFV on 4G with zero issues.  On BF I typically ping 60-70MS with very little jitter. No issues on FPS until 90+ MS. 

14 days left on a 30 day cycle and I have used 6.8 GB.  That includes the last PS4 system update at 500 MB, as well as I believe about 1-1.5 GB for other updates this month. So approximately 4.8 GB of data so far playing BF5,4,1 and Apex over 16 days.this includes 2 weekends where I played a ton and playing Apex 2-3 hours nearly every night.  

Message 8 of 25 (70,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ididntrushb wrote:

My internet runs at about 2mbit download and 1mbit upload w/ 80-100 ping and the game still refuses to work on my internet.

MBit is not a megabyte. your connection 2mbit = 125kb x 2 = 250 KB a second which is about half of the required bandwidth for the game.

Message 9 of 25 (70,892 Views)

★ Guide

i have 12 mb fiber connection (from south Asia) .  and most of DAY time i get lag but no lag at night ( asia) .  many people start using VPN to avoid damage .  

Message 10 of 25 (70,507 Views)