Re: How much XP is required for each battle pass level?

by SpyrosFPS

Original Post

How much XP is required for each battle pass level?

★★★★★ Novice

Is there a cap to the increasing xp required for each battle pass level? Started at 9,000, then 18000, 27000 and now it’s 36000, increasing at each level. Please tell me there is a cap. 36000 is already way too much 

Message 1 of 10 (10,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@hilalhouraniCap is 54,000 and resets every week to 9,000. Fills with normal xp from matches and stars from challenges. Daily challenges will help us to max it.
I think total is 6 BP levels if we max it to 54,000. If we add the remaining challenges that give a whole BP level then we reach 11 BP levels each week.
I don't see how this is easier to level up than Season 1. It will take us 2,5 months to finish it if we can only earn 11 BP levels each week and this requires to put some hours in the game.
If you are a bit busy 3 months for sure and Season lasts 3months!
I hope i don't have to buy battle pass levels...

Message 2 of 10 (10,642 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Isn't is accumulative? 9000 points per level, and the numbers on screen are showing the accumulative amount? 

So still 9000 points per level?

Hell I hope so.

Message 3 of 10 (10,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@JimmahwdI'm not sure cause i'm reinstalling the game and i can't log in. xD

But it's still only 6 BP levels from this weekly progression bar.

Edit: I have 18212/45000 so it's not 9000 per level.

I'm thinking that if the rotation of the 3 Daily Challenges give any BP level and not only stars then we could earn more levels each week. I have to see the rotation of daily challenges and what level we'll reach in 1 week.

Message 4 of 10 (10,615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yeah the whole point of this was to make it less tedious, but now after beating all challenges you get an average of 11 BP levels per week, so it still takes a full 10 of the 12 weeks of constant grinding to get max battle pass level now.  It only took me about 30 days to hit level 110 in season one! 

This is really crazy. 

Message 5 of 10 (10,603 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@hilalhourani My friend finished Season 1 in 1 month and i finished in 1,5 month but we had so much free time to play. :P

Btw i just saw my 3 Daily Challenges and they give only stars. What about you?
I think there's a level cap so people keep playing the whole season and don't get bored and leave.
Message 6 of 10 (10,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SpyrosFPSThats exactly what it is.

A strategy to stretch the content droughts and keep players logging in and visiting the store.

Message 7 of 10 (10,547 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So this blog post by Leeeeeee-RSPN truly was a straight up lie. Shameful:

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/legendary-hunt-season-2-battle-pass

“Time to Battle Pass level 100 should be significantly reduced.”

Complete lie, easily takes 2.5-3 times as long, and if you’re unlucky or bad at challenges it will take even longer. Imagine playing all day every day and still not hitting 110 by seasons end. It’s entirely possible. 

Message 8 of 10 (10,514 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The amount of XP (playing time) is significantly increased:  9,000 -> 18000 -> 27000 -> 36,000 -> 54,000 

In monetary term, playing time(XP) is having 42% inflation  (54,000/36,0000), means you have to play 42% longer to get the same thing.

This way, you get force to do daily/weekly challenges otherwise it will take forever.

Some of weekly task take a lot of effort but only get reward very small such as;

1. Revive team mate 20 times = 6,000  (this should be +1BP) considering the risk and how many games needed to do this.

Another challenge: The 10% bonus playing with team mate kick in very late.

Message 9 of 10 (10,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@hilalhourani 

I just realized when i leveled up that the progression bar in Challenges is infinite.

For me it's 54,000 every level now until it resets next week. So It's possible to earn more BP levels per week if you have good matches (Normal xp) and do the 3 Daily Challenges (Stars) every day.

Anyway, if season lasts 3 months and you just earn 9-10lvl every week you can complete it. Wink

Message 10 of 10 (10,443 Views)