Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: How many times does it have to be said!

by AI_AB_AI

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agree this game really does need a chat box to type "Let it awaken NOOBS!"

Message 21 of 30 (235 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

The worst part is that someone keeps destroying the machines even if you tell them not to do this. And most often it is the player with the lowest PL who does this. I have started a legendary contract with two other high PL players from the very beginning on GM3 difficulty. The final phase was the Titan revival phase and no one of us was even touching the machines. When 30 seconds were remaining for the Titan to be revived a fourth low PL (650-670) player have joined and immediately destroyed all the machines despite being told not to do this. Not only this is the loss of 2 guaranteed drops from the Titan but it also increases the time required to complete the mission. If the Titan revives then killing it completes the mission, otherwise it is necessary to kill all dominion mobs, which takes more time than killing the Titan.

"Telling" anyone anything in this game doesnt exist because that ***ded game has no text chat and 99% of people dont have voice chat turned on. No one can hear what you say.

Message 22 of 30 (196 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just finished a contract with 3 potatoes who did this.  All you can do is block them.

Message 23 of 30 (186 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't see how defeating an event *before* the timer expires giving less reward isn't bad design...

It's like a race where you get first place for being last instead of first. I realize it's not a race, but it's clearly designed currently to punish you for being "too good" instead of rewarding you for it. It doesn't make any sense to let the enemy wake up a titan (what they want), but reward you for letting it happen instead of preventing it. 

Or how about this... In real life, I attempt to detonate a nuclear warhead to destroy a country... the country decides to *let* me do it first, because if they defeat me *after* I detonate it, they will get a better reward because it's more impressive to defeat me *after* I vaporize half of the opposition... 

Next, you'll be saying that if your car only had one forward gear in drive and it had the speed limitations of reverse and your reverse had multiple gears and the speed limitations of other cars in drive, that you should drive it backwards... duh... 

As I suggested, the better reward should be preventing it from spawning as your goal is to stop problems in the world, not let them manifest to defeat them for better rewards... that's just silly. In order to make the difficulty vs. reward to be logical, they should simply increase the difficulty in destroying them before the timer and spawn a chest with better rewards than defeating the titan would merit. This way, if you meet the timer, you get a better reward. If you fail to meet the timer, you have to defeat the titan and still get a reward, though it wouldn't be quite as good. How could anybody argue with that? 

It sounds more like you're using reverse-justification where the way it is has to be right and any attempt to change it is wrong. In actuality, you shouldn't have to adapt to a poorly designed difficulty vs. reward. It should just be redesigned to make sense.

Message 24 of 30 (165 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ultimately, the point was made based on people standing in the circle rather than not standing in the circle. If you're forced to wait, you should obviously stand in the circle.

I'm not sure why you're attacking me based on saying "seems to" rather than your insistence that it "literally goes faster." We both obviously have the same point. 

Message 25 of 30 (165 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

While I agree that a chat feature for groups would be a good addition, the concept is a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, I like not having group chat spewing useless banter that will ultimately increase the toxicity of grouping whenever there is opportunity for conflict. There is voice chat. The problem is ultimately that players don't use it. It's true that you wouldn't be able to not see typed chat as you basically have to use your eyes to play Anthem, but that would mean taking the time to program in a chat box that really wouldn't serve any purpose other than to allow players to * when somebody didn't do what they were supposed to do. 

On the other hand, it would be much more likely for other players to see the typed chat and facilitate objective advancement in those occasional instances where an objective bugs out and players need to suicide so a squad defeat can reset the bugged objective, rather than having to leave the expedition because nobody is doing what needs to be done. I firmly disagree with a design that would allow a player in a group to prevent their group from advancing. Any objective should be achievable, even if only one player in the group is actively pursuing objective completion. This is necessary because any expedition should be soloable, even if it isn't as smooth or easy as completing in a group. 

Message 26 of 30 (161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@shifter_6x wrote:

I don't see how defeating an event *before* the timer expires giving less reward isn't bad design...

It's like a race where you get first place for being last instead of first. I realize it's not a race, but it's clearly designed currently to punish you for being "too good" instead of rewarding you for it. It doesn't make any sense to let the enemy wake up a titan (what they want), but reward you for letting it happen instead of preventing it. 

Or how about this... In real life, I attempt to detonate a nuclear warhead to destroy a country... the country decides to *let* me do it first, because if they defeat me *after* I detonate it, they will get a better reward because it's more impressive to defeat me *after* I vaporize half of the opposition... 

Next, you'll be saying that if your car only had one forward gear in drive and it had the speed limitations of reverse and your reverse had multiple gears and the speed limitations of other cars in drive, that you should drive it backwards... duh... 

As I suggested, the better reward should be preventing it from spawning as your goal is to stop problems in the world, not let them manifest to defeat them for better rewards... that's just silly. In order to make the difficulty vs. reward to be logical, they should simply increase the difficulty in destroying them before the timer and spawn a chest with better rewards than defeating the titan would merit. This way, if you meet the timer, you get a better reward. If you fail to meet the timer, you have to defeat the titan and still get a reward, though it wouldn't be quite as good. How could anybody argue with that? 

It sounds more like you're using reverse-justification where the way it is has to be right and any attempt to change it is wrong. In actuality, you shouldn't have to adapt to a poorly designed difficulty vs. reward. It should just be redesigned to make sense.

Overthinking much?

it's not bad design, it's a simple game design. A mob gives x reward, and an event gives x reward. this is a mission where both variables are present. It's a looter shooter, not some rpg where your actions matter.

simple.

And requiring much less brainpower than actually figuring out how your analogy's work. 

Message 27 of 30 (142 Views)

Champion

For you it’s a “looter shooter,” for me it’s an RPG where I prefer for my actions to make sense in-character. And I agree that you shouldn’t be rewarded for completely ignoring what the mission tells you to do and doing the opposite.

Ultimately the issue is that a longer fight with more Dominion troops is less rewarding than just twirling your thumbs until the titan wakes up and then killing the titan. If you prevent it from waking up you should get the same guaranteed drops as if you killed it (if I remember that mission correctly, it despawns anyway if you succeed in the objective). And releasing the titan should result in having to fight te Dominion as well afterwards.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 28 of 30 (91 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thank you for this awesome post.

I wonder if for events like this if a big pop-up window could come up and tell players that if they want "Hard Mode" or some such to allow the Titan to wake up.

An on screen prompt of some kind might help with the coordination of groups to allow an additional challenge for this particular event
Message 29 of 30 (70 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@IIIIINexus wrote:

@AI_AB_AI wrote:

The worst part is that someone keeps destroying the machines even if you tell them not to do this. And most often it is the player with the lowest PL who does this. I have started a legendary contract with two other high PL players from the very beginning on GM3 difficulty. The final phase was the Titan revival phase and no one of us was even touching the machines. When 30 seconds were remaining for the Titan to be revived a fourth low PL (650-670) player have joined and immediately destroyed all the machines despite being told not to do this. Not only this is the loss of 2 guaranteed drops from the Titan but it also increases the time required to complete the mission. If the Titan revives then killing it completes the mission, otherwise it is necessary to kill all dominion mobs, which takes more time than killing the Titan.

"Telling" anyone anything in this game doesnt exist because that ***ded game has no text chat and 99% of people dont have voice chat turned on. No one can hear what you say.

It is very easy to see who has turned off voice chat and who has it turned on. The vast majority of the players have voice chat turned on.

Message 30 of 30 (61 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help