Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: How many times does it have to be said!

by ComeWithMeKitty

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@MrCrusteePants I see what you did there...

Message 11 of 30 (277 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agreed. Almost had a group that let the titan wake up, then a "hero" rushed in and destroyed the remaining devices.

Someone needs to write up a hint book.

If you want loot...

-Let the titan wake up.

-Dont skip over all the trash and spawn drag your group(its not a racing game).

-Stand inside all the green circles. It makes it go faster.

Message 12 of 30 (244 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The problem is that a lot of players don't know... and as just about everybody knows... nobody uses VoIP in Anthem. 

Also, it's a poor design to punish players for doing something *too good* and should be redesigned to instead grant a bonus reward (such as a chest) with loot that is superior to actually defeating the titan after the timer expires. 

This is really a blame the game designers and not a blame the players issue. 

The other main problem that so many players don't seem to know is that if the objectives bug out and get stuck and won't progress properly... a squad defeat will reset the bug and allow the objectives to progress properly. If everyone knew to just die (usually forced to drown, or ideally, to use the windshear from high altitude to kill you... the whole team wouldn't have to keep leaving the expedition and start completely over in another group. 

There needs to be a way to reset bugged objectives without forcing a squad defeat. There should be a way to verify objectives in the map or with a keybind that won't troll the team, but will simply run a check query to the backend server to verify the mission objectives and then if it detects any bugged or stuck objectives, simply respawn/reactivate them so that they can be properly completed. An example of this would be a sentinel that you have to repair that doesn't have an option to repair (quite frequent issue) or an enemy that you need to defeat that gets stuck in the terrain and you can't reach. The biggest problem, of course, is that there is no communication even though the game has a VoIP feature. On one hand, I like that nobody uses the VoIP feature because teams are toxicity free when nobody can talk... the downside is if you actually need to communicate... tough luck...

The poor design of punishing players for being *too good* reminds me of the combo system in Anthem. It feels like you actually do *less* damage to a target in Anthem when the entire team focuses on the same target. This is because players keep applying primers to already primed targets instead of letting them fall off and reset so they can be detonated again. Additionally, players steal each others' combos by detonating. It's not really anyone's fault, but the problem is that certain players have builds that rely on triggering combos to restore armor, etc. This doesn't logically make sense, though, because multiple players attacking the same target should only benefit from having targets primed continuously so that they could be detonated more easily. Unfortunately, the combo system (whose system is poorly explained) doesn't seem to support common sense. It seems that you need to slow or stop dealing damage in order to do more damage. This is the case with a Ranger component, for example, that applies acid primer to weapon targets upon 5 hit streaks. So... I'll just wait until that acid falls off before I resume firing, then... okay...

The solution would be to possibly lower combo damage if it's perceived as being too high as a result of making it such that primers last for their full duration and during the full duration of a primer, a target can be detonated repeatedly and without limit. This way, a team could focus fire a strong target and repeatedly detonate without restraint because the target indicates that they are primed and ready. I feel that enemies on GM3 difficulty take way too long to kill as it is anyway. Even without a damage reduction (and I'm not even sure how much damage a combo does because it doesn't specify), it would still take several combos to take down stronger enemies on GM3. 

Message 13 of 30 (236 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I totally agree with you on the circle part. It seems to go faster when more players stand in it, but many people don't seem to care. 

Message 14 of 30 (236 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MrCrusteePants wrote:

@Jonny_Castilloux wrote:

It doesn't matter to me.  Finish the event early and get nothing, or kill the Titan and get two purples.  Hooray.

.....and a blue

Or only two blues, when I'm lucky.

Message 15 of 30 (214 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@shifter_6x wrote:

I totally agree with you on the circle part. It seems to go faster when more players stand in it, but many people don't seem to care. 

I've actually opened my mic and asked the player to join the rest of us in the green circle and was told to shut the "F" up (I'd use all the comments and suggestions he said, however this would get me banned). Reported and blocked him while I waited in the circle. At least he now has one more report towards a bad rep on Xbox.

Message 16 of 30 (210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@shifter_6x wrote:

The problem is that a lot of players don't know... and as just about everybody knows... nobody uses VoIP in Anthem. 

Also, it's a poor design to punish players for doing something *too good* and should be redesigned to instead grant a bonus reward (such as a chest) with loot that is superior to actually defeating the titan after the timer expires. 

This is really a blame the game designers and not a blame the players issue. 

Actually no, this is not bad design, this is a mission with two outcomes, which you the "player" have to figure out, if you are not dumb as a brick. Everyone knows Titans drops loot, its not a longshot to take the leap and think "hey i wonder what happens if i let the titan wake and kill it then"

So no not poor game design, lazy people not learning * in school always wanting instructions on how to do everything instead of figuring it out.

The only bad game design is not having a chat so others can tell the ones with slow brainpower to cease and desist.

Message 17 of 30 (197 Views)

★ Apprentice
But miss out on the chance to kill one of the few enemies in the game with high chance of dropping Legos...
I think they removed it but i also used to get optional furies spawning in mission that everyone would make despawn instantly by picking up all 6 relic pieces wayyy too quickly or freeing the captives... seriously why are they playing if they arent going to kill the things that drop the good loot?
Message 18 of 30 (157 Views)

★ Apprentice

@shifter_6x wrote:

Seems to go faster, you mean it literally goes faster and UI tells you it goes faster (in the upper right-hand corner) when up to three people stand in a green objective circle.

Message 19 of 30 (141 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

@Affelainen wrote:

Release the titan!!!!!

BIOWARE..."RELEASE THE KRAKEN!"

Message 20 of 30 (132 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help