How many people think some of the strory choices are kind of stupid (spoilers)

by oynxdragon666

Original Post

How many people think some of the strory choices are kind of stupid (spoilers)

★★★★★ Apprentice

One of the dumbest story choices is during the Hunt for the Archon mission, where you're forced to choose between saving either the Salarian Pathfinder or the Krogan Scouts and the obvious choice would be the Salarian Pathfinder due to the fact that she helps you escape the Archon's trap by causing distraction that enables Ryder to escape.

Not to mention if you don't save the Krogan Scouts both Drack and Kesh seemingly ignore every previous choice you've made to help the Krogan up to this point.

Also if the stakes for these story missions are that high why are 4 of your squad members sat on their backsides on the Tempest while Ryder is in a life and death situation, it would be a lot better to see the other 4 squad members would take some sort of an active role in the mission if the stakes are that high (I have yet to finish the game yet, so I don't know if this happens in the final mission). For example it would have gone better if the B team of the 4 unpicked squad members also boarded the Archon's Flagship to distract the Kett and if you have gained their loyalty they save the Salarian Pathfinder, while Ryder's team saves the Krogan Scouts (leaving a very pissed off Archon with no prisoners to Exalt).

In my opinion Mac Walters choice for the loyalty mission not having an impact on the main game was a mistake and only succeeds in breaking the immersion of the main storlines narrative, seeing as some of them should have lasting impacts on the main storyline (but feel somewhat disconnected from the main plot).

Message 1 of 9 (843 Views)

Re: How many people think some of the strory choices are kind of stupid (spoiler

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro
As I recall Ryder needs to use his/her Sam connection to bypass some computer lockouts or something. So the protagonist would need to be at both locations. Though I admit I could be mistaken.
Message 2 of 9 (826 Views)

Re: How many people think some of the strory choices are kind of stupid (spoiler

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The game seems to forget rather rapidly that Cora was originally supposed to be Alec Ryder's second (the person meant to take over as Pathfinder if Alec died) and should at least mean she has a SAM implant just like Ryder's, albeit with some restrictions due to her not being the Pathfinder.

So no I don't really see the supposed lack of SAM or Ryder as a problem as long as Cora is in the B team, because in theory she should be able to at least interface with Remnent or Kett technology with the SAM implant she should have due to her being the second for both human Pathfinders. The only thing she shouldn't be able to do is the whole SAM Profile swapping thing (due to this possibly being restricted to the current human Pathfinder).

Message 3 of 9 (808 Views)

★★★ Pro

i guess that's true, however the fact that sam has a far deeper/intertwined connection with the current pathfinder has something to do with it. as the archon had issues using the other ryders implants alone. though i'm just guessing on both counts.

Message 4 of 9 (796 Views)

★ Guide

@oynxdragon666 wrote:

The game seems to forget rather rapidly that Cora was originally supposed to be Alec Ryder's second (the person meant to take over as Pathfinder if Alec died) and should at least mean she has a SAM implant just like Ryder's, albeit with some restrictions due to her not being the Pathfinder.

So no I don't really see the supposed lack of SAM or Ryder as a problem as long as Cora is in the B team, because in theory she should be able to at least interface with Remnent or Kett technology with the SAM implant she should have due to her being the second for both human Pathfinders. The only thing she shouldn't be able to do is the whole SAM Profile swapping thing (due to this possibly being restricted to the current human Pathfinder).

all humans have a sam implant. just think what would happen if everyone died. someone would need to be able to take over. even if out of the 20k on the ark the person taking over is 10,001 in line they would need sam. just look at the asari. the one who took over could have been replaced by another asari. clear evidence that there are a great number of people with an implant.

Message 5 of 9 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Implants, as you can watch from those Andromeda Initiative movies, are present on Pathfinder personnel only. Everyone in the Tempest + Sarah would have one (and the other Arks counterparts). Drack accepts his as long as it's not attatched to his brain. Funnily, we are not really clear regarding Peebee or Jaal.

Message 6 of 9 (772 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PandaTar wrote:

Implants, as you can watch from those Andromeda Initiative movies, are present on Pathfinder personnel only. Everyone in the Tempest + Sarah would have one (and the other Arks counterparts). Drack accepts his as long as it's not attatched to his brain. Funnily, we are not really clear regarding Peebee or Jaal.

Which means almost every squad member could fill the role of leading the B team in causing chaos on the Archon's Flagship and saving either the Krogan Scouts for an ugrateful Drack or saving the Salarian Pathfinder who help Ryder escape the Archon's trap (I think Peebee and Jaal are same situation as Drack with the SAM implant).

Also nobody has mentioned the Turian's Ark in this discusion yet, because nobody steps in to take over as the Pathfinder if  you don't convince Avitus Rix into becoming the Turian's Pathfinder and the Turian's are left without a Pathfinder for the rest of the game.

Message 7 of 9 (764 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yeah, I think anyone could be passed down the Pathfinder status if needed, although the Ryder tinkering wouldn't carry over? I don't know.

For the Turians, I imagine that the fact that their SAM is less advanced, perhaps less autonomous, plays the role that make the passing down of things much less like that from the Hyperion crew. Also, unknown how it would work.

Message 8 of 9 (760 Views)

★★★ Pro

well, is there any reason why only ryder seems to be able to decode/bypass/translate/etc. the computer lockouts or whatever they are? aside from ryder needs to make some deadly, dramatic decision, simply because... we need more fake drama. 

Message 9 of 9 (754 Views)