Re: How many hackers will they allow?

by Straatford87

Original Post

How many hackers will they allow?

★★★ Novice

LIKE ALL EA TITLES.... How many hackers (also known as cheaters that modify or edit game files) do you think will be on the server when playing??? I think it won't be as bad as most FPS games but if it's anything like BV5 steeer clear of this game.

Message 1 of 9 (666 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Hi @CajunWafflez

It will be like any other game that has online multiplayer. There is not a single online game on the planet that doesn't have cheats/hackers etc unless it's a dead game.

CoD, Fortnite, PUBG and every MMO, they are all full of cheats n bots from day 1 and it still continues, this is not purely an EA issue, it's every publisher/dev teams problem.

I'm not going to but I could easily link you to several sites I know that specialize in creating bots/scripts and everything else to purposely exploit every popular game you can think of.
Message 2 of 9 (654 Views)

★ Pro
@CajunWafflez
I'll admit, one has got to wonder. I'm personally all for the idea of just ignoring games that don't have a solid Single Player Campaign. When I buy a game, that's what I'm paying for. If a game has no Single Player Campaign, then it has absolutely no Value. This is how I come to the logic that Battlefield 4 was more value for money than Battlefield 1, since the Campaign was better and longer. I haven't really seen Battlefield V, but if it's anything like Battlefield 1, then I'll complete that in only 1 night while listening to Touhou music and eating Tofu. Since Battlefield 1 was very basic and not much fun by comparison. I completed two of the Campaigns for it (8 Missions), and I did that in one single night and then spent the rest of the night watching Anime because I got bored. Each mission was only 6 minutes a piece maybe 10 at most. I wasn't even Speedrunning, I was just playing normally.

Online Multiplayer Only Games are only worth £5.00 at most, even if they are meant to be a high rated game. Games with a Single Player element to them are worth more, even if they don't have a Multiplayer Feature at all.

P.S.-
I'm only kidding about the Tofu.
Message 3 of 9 (641 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GENERALZOOL

I'm a little different in that respect, after playing MMOs and competitive multiplayers it feels a little lonely and somewhat bland to me in single players nowadays. Don't get me wrong there are some fantastic single player games, Skyrim being my all time favourite game on the planet; but I prefer a game being online so I'm able to meet new people, find clans to join and show off my cool gear that I had to grind countless hours for etc. 

Battlefield 1 had the war stories and BFV is exactly the same, I too am not a fan of it but they are good none the less; one long campaign would have been much better like the previous as you mentioned but for me I'd be completely happy if it was online only with no campaign, although I think single player games should at least offer a co-op system like Halo or Borderlands kinda thing.

I've never tried Tofu lol.

Message 4 of 9 (620 Views)

★ Pro
@CarbonCarl
If Battlefield was an Online Only game, I wouldn't pay for it. If they go in that direction, then I would expect a Play For Free Game, and then that introduces the issues that EA are famous for in that Genre.

A Co-Op Version of Battlefield was done before as a DLC of another title, hardly anyone bothered with it. I personally did, but I was on my own by that point, since the game was about as dead as could be. It was superseded by multiple titles by that point, not to mention a next generation console. I'd like to see a Co-Op Mode, but I'd equally like a Single Player Mode to be present as well.

I'm a bit of a Misanthropist, but my experience of people is not the greatest, so that's no surprise.
Message 5 of 9 (587 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@GENERALZOOL 

Yeh it was Battlefield Bad Company 2 which had the co-op and is my favourite out of the franchise, it was a truly awesome game on and offline and then died when BF3 came along, which I also moved on to. And more to the topic as well, I rarely encountered any hackers/cheats right up to BFV; BF1 was perfectly fine in the year or so I played (PC).

And everyone is different, no harm in that; the world would be a boring place otherwise. Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (581 Views)

★★ Guide

I hope they won't tolerate any hackers and cheaters and everybody will be banned at least for a month if even suspected hacking.

Message 7 of 9 (519 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@quenaelin As long as there is no false positives then that would be ideal yes.
Message 8 of 9 (484 Views)

EA DICE Team

@CarbonCarl @CajunWafflez @quenaelin @GENERALZOOL 

Since the game isn't live yet, let's not focus on a potential for negatives. If after launch this is a concern to you, feel free to flag it again with us.

Cheers,

Message 9 of 9 (446 Views)