Re: How likely is it to reach Diamond?

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DavidW74 Just get into the habit of always camping to at least top5 and you'll get it eventually (70%+ top5 rate is more than doable). Plat games are pretty lax (the army of forever-plat4's just die fast) and getting to top5 isn't that hard. You should still be able to get diamond in a week (assuming you actually have enough time to play), if you win at least some of those top5's.

Message 21 of 29 (450 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DavidW74"...so I assume some have made it without a team."  i'd love to know for sure if someone has ever done it, if it's doable to reach dia or predator without the advantage of a team

Message 22 of 29 (419 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Biochemikas Camping is extremely difficult with randoms. They simply will not join you most the time. Running off to camp alone, no thanks. I’m not opposed to it if all else is lost and it’s my only reasonable option. I tried every method and could get to plat 2 but no further. I am on pc so perhaps there is a difference between it and Xbox/ps? Not sure. Apparently I’m not good enough to do it with random’s because I tried for weeks and weeks. But like I said previously I have seen players out there that are superior in skill so if I got close then I’m guessing more talented have done it. I would love to hear from somebody on this forum that’s made it to diamond with randoms. Any diamond or predator player out there want to speak up on this?
Message 23 of 29 (405 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@NaRnIaaa Same.
Message 24 of 29 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@DavidW74I never said anything about camping WITH randoms. You do it solo if/after they die. Don't die with them.
I did it all the way through gold and until plat2, then I got bored and just finished up with a couple of randoms from discord (same style of course, just a lot more wins with 3 ppl alive in the end). I could have done it all the way to diamond4 alone too - would have taken a couple more days, but not that much more.
You don't need to be good at shooting (e.g., my highest kill count is only 16, and even that one was not in ranked). You just need to be decent at predicting enemy movement (jump for end of plane path zones, watch where EVERYONE is landing and make mental notes of how they will be moving when you see the ring), find the spots of least concentration and have at least a mild idea of where the final circle is going to be. And of course have a lot of patience (but that one should be found in abundance, if you like BR's XD). I fight when I think I have the advantage, but when I'm solo that's quite rarely the case.

Also, there's no best way of playing the zones - sometimes it's best to stay outside and keep medding until 3rd or even 4th zone (always carry at least 2 stacks of bandages and every single first aid you can find - you can drop em when you go back into the zone), sometimes it's best to find a cozy spot near the endzone as early as 1st zone.
When we were doing it with the whole team, we could be a bit more aggressive, but the ultra passive playstyle is still the most superior to rank up in season1 (if you can't accept that not dying is the goal #1, then maybe that could be the reason why you feel stuck).
When I was doing it solo (not counting times when my random team did not die), I'd say I got top10 in every game, top5 in at least half and most of those top5's turned to top3. Wins solo are pretty rare, so the general goal is to try to get to top3 and then go rambo style 3rd party on the last 2 (try to determine which team is the favorite to win the duel and kill them first).

I'm not suggesting to just ditch the randoms at the start and pretend they don't even exist. Try to play with them, but the moment you risk dying - you just leave them and go away. Heroic banner recovers under fire from 3 enemies may be fun and all, but they're almost never successful (sometimes the enemies don't camp the boxes though, so recovery may not be out of the question - just make sure it's safe). That's the most optimal way to play with randoms in platinum (the main culprit of this is the inability to derank below plat4 - there are WAY too many ppl who are at bottom and don't even care about winning).
P.S. When I was playing with randoms, I always tried to persuade them to play conservatively, but usually I was just called various names and then THEY intenionally split away from me and chose the most concentrated zone XD. So I'm not sure if talking is an option with randoms - play along if it's good, but just leave em be if it's not. Agressive playstyle is very hard to pull off (without losing points in the long run), since it's extremely inefficient (so you have to be MUCH better than average opponents to do that); and you should be rightfully sceptical when plat4's try to do it...

As for console - I've no idea - never even had one of those.

P.P.S. From my experience, games don't get tougher as you rank up from plat4 to plat1, diamonds are not put in plat games. So if you could get plat2, you can get diamond too, as you're still playing the same quality games. As soon as you get to diamond though, the games change completely.

I do know though that some smaller servers don't have enough players and plat games do start to get mixed even with predators, so if you're experiencing that - try a different server and maybe play at a time when there are more ppl online. Playing vs predators does not give you more points in plat, so there's no reason to ever do it - find a server that offers plat-only games.

Anyway, GL in your further climb. Don't stop when you're more than halfway there!

Message 25 of 29 (372 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DavidW74 wrote:
@BiochemikasCamping is extremely difficult with randoms. They simply will not join you most the time. Running off to camp alone, no thanks. I’m not opposed to it if all else is lost and it’s my only reasonable option. I tried every method and could get to plat 2 but no further. I am on pc so perhaps there is a difference between it and Xbox/ps? Not sure. Apparently I’m not good enough to do it with random’s because I tried for weeks and weeks. But like I said previously I have seen players out there that are superior in skill so if I got close then I’m guessing more talented have done it. I would love to hear from somebody on this forum that’s made it to diamond with randoms. Any diamond or predator player out there want to speak up on this?

I began climbing last friday, starting out at Plat IV, and i'm currently Plat I  with 708 RP. So only 12 RP away from being Dia.

The way I did it, is by playing solo, literally, I got this down to a science, I drop the exact same place, exact same loot path, and I try to avoid conflict untill i'm top 10, at that point, I can only lose 1 RP if I die without getting any kills, which is pretty unlikely.

If my teammates are not donkeys and still alive at that point, i'll go to them to group up and make a serious try to win.

It might be a bit of a * move, but from previous pushes in the season, I noticed I can climb at night when good players play, but i'd always lose it again getting with donkeys the next day. I'm talking about Plat IV people who are at baseline and can't lose points hotdropping and doing dumb stuff like getting sandwiched.

Once I decided to just stay safe till top 10 placements I began climbing without taking big losses of -3 several games in a row.

I always try to encourage my rando's to drop same place as me, and take same lootpath, but they usually go elsewhere.

Since last friday, I played a lot, and usually my dead randoms stay in the game, I ended up winning a lot of games solo, and haven't gotten a single hate message on PSN.

Basically, they get to just grab a drink, have a smoke or use the bathroom, check their mail etc. While I do all the work, and I almost always climb at least 1 point for them with a top 5 placement. And often top 3 or a win.

Been working like a well oiled machine. Just try to lead the randoms to play safe early game, and get aggressive in the 2nd half, and if they don't wanna follow you in that strategy, just go solo.

Message 26 of 29 (324 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Depends how many inbred rats you'll get as squadmates.

Message 27 of 29 (294 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@jonesy0218 Did you make it? My guess is you hit silver, perhaps gold and gave up. Not enough time.
Message 28 of 29 (230 Views)

★★★ Pro

I'm 25 RP away from Diamond. 

Message 29 of 29 (223 Views)