How is this okay? (photos)

by Alphabets

Original Post

How is this okay? (photos)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Please check banners in the attached photos and tel me why in gold II my teammates are bronze and silver? 

Why I at lv 418, Gold II should be in a team with lifeline lv 12, Bronze IV in ranked mode???

Didn't they say something about fixing this after the season split?

Message 1 of 32 (981 Views)

Re: How is this okay? (photos)

★★★★★ Expert
@Alphabets Wait until you try solo master and get to D2 then have 2 golds or even silvers. Ranked is totally broken.

Message 2 of 32 (946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@apostolateofDOOMHonestly, this is not fair! they matched me with someone 405 levels below me at Bronze IV!

Bronze IV to Bronze III needs only 30 RP in Ranked!!! while entering Gold needs 2800 RP... this is not a fair matchmaking, this is torture

Message 3 of 32 (928 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Alphabets I totally agree. You can't play with friends who are more then one rank between you but forces you to carry several rank difference with randoms because of declining players. The logic.

I would much rather wait awhile to get a decent game than this.

Wait, if it's declining players then surely we still have enough bronze to gold to fill their lobbies or things are worse than we are lead to believe. Wondering

Message 4 of 32 (922 Views)

★★ Expert

@Alphabets it's okay because it's the system the developer's implemented working as intended. 

As stated in this interview: https://www.vg247.com/2020/06/03/apex-legends-interview-sbmm-titans-story-secrets-pathfinder-nerf/am...

"I’ll just add, there’s a system that we’ve created for how to match people together of similar skill, but there’s also all these other variables to take into account which decide how good a game is going to be at any given time. I’m on Twitter, I get lots of people talking to me and I try to engage as much as I can, and when somebody says; ‘Hey, I had this really bad game, I’m in Platinum, and I had a bunch of Apex Predators drop on me,’ and I say; ‘Okay, where do you live, and when do you play?’ And they tell me; ‘oh, I live in Iowa and I play at 2am.’ I get that you expect a perfect match, I really do, I’m not being sarcastic, but there’s only so many people playing in Iowa at 2am. And the options are, we either expand you out and you have a bad ping, you could matchmake with Tokyo or whatever, but you won’t have a good game. Or we can let you sit forever, and then you will never play. Or we can just start creating games eventually, and at that point you’re gonna have to play with who’s playing."

The overarching reason that this is okay, is because player retention has been dropping consistently due to various factors, and instead of improving the game that they pushed out, they're rushing all these little bandaids to try and keep people playing. They wouldn't have had to consider matching you with whoever is there, or branching you out, or waiting forever, if they had consistently pushed quality updates that made people WANT to play the game at every hour of every day.

Message 5 of 32 (840 Views)

★★★ Pro
@pastaclown Okay, they can simply make everything "Random", no SBMM at all, then I know if in a match I'm playing with a Bronze, then next match I might play with a Predator; and if I get good or bad teammates, everyone else in the match experience the same situation and I bet queues for start a match would be just 1 second.

When SBMM made me to play with someone 2800 RP and 400 levels below me, what is the difference between this and Random matchmaking? I tell you the difference: with SBMM I have to play against a team of 3 Gold I champions, with a bronze in my team and another teammates with total number of 42 kills, hoping to win and get to higher ranks...

p.s this can not be a result of premade teams (teams of 2 players), because 4/10 of my ranked games, I'm teamed with silvers, they can't all be premade teams and parties.
Message 6 of 32 (792 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Alphabets
Well youre in the big leagues
Message 7 of 32 (786 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Alphabets
Yeah ranked shouldnt have sbmm.
Its stupid.
Message 8 of 32 (780 Views)

★★ Expert

@Alphabets I'm not disagreeing with you, it's completely bonkers that you're matched up like that in ranked. Sorry, I should've made that clear, of all the people here who talk about the state of the game and how the devs have handled it, you will quite literally find me the last person to make excuses for them. 

You're right though, there is absolutely no difference between the current matchmaking system and just having the entirety of ranked be completely random. There's not enough people playing the game, and it's no ones fault EXCEPT the developers. They think that the community being mad at them is a joke, and you see it in the interview too where a developer says:

"CG: I have a kind of a funny thing that we joke about in the office, when we’re talking about things like the Pathfinder nerf, we use SBMM as a scale, like; ‘how upset are people gonna be, SBMM angry, or…?’ [laughs]"

I wish we could curse on the boards, right now primarily because I'm drunk I think, and also because it's hard to convey the depth of frustration that the developers have created among their players easily. Their game is a joke, and they've made it that way, and when the community is upset about it, they laugh at us, and they think it's no ones fault except ours. It's hard for me to praise anything about this game, what with the history of its development, and the developers track record. 

Message 9 of 32 (706 Views)

★★ Guide
@Alphabets at this stage in the games life cycle and if I were you then I would be thinking that these players are either smurfs or cheaters.
Message 10 of 32 (700 Views)