How is this fair?

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

How is this fair?

Axis tanks have S mine launchers which make it exponentially harder for infantry to rush and blow them up. They also have the Zimmerit which make the sticky dynamite nearly useless.

Allied have nothing similar. It's much much much easier to rush an allied tank.. How is this balance? How is this fair? They are also prone to sticky dynamite.

this is a GAME, it's not WWII.. Both sides should be equally equipped and stand an equal chance of winning. The Valentina MK rocket launchers? They are useless against most infantry rushes. They can also damage/blow up your own tank. These are the reasons I log in and log right off after 15-20 minutes of play.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 11 (876 Views)

Re: How is this fair?

★★★ Guide

Personally I really like the rockets on allied tanks. VERY effective against infantry, stronger than anti-personal mines and can also damage enemy tanks.

Message 2 of 11 (858 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I hate tanks in the game just spoils it tbh

Message 3 of 11 (840 Views)

@GUTENTAAAAG They can be useful, but the allied tanks are extremely prone to infantry rush and there ain't a thing you can do about it. Axis tanks are not. there is a huge advantage to the axis tanks it's a bit ridiculous. You can be much more aggressive in Panzer 4 than you can in the Valentine MK.

That's not to say Panzer 4 are impossible to rush. They are just much more difficult to rush. If you're a decent tank driver, you won't be destroyed by AT mines or Dynamite in an Axis tank. But you definitely can be in a Valentine.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 11 (786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just use a diff strat

Message 5 of 11 (775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I makes the destruction of a tank that much sweeter (^^,)

Message 6 of 11 (772 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think there is a bigger inbalance with the planes: the Junkers-88 has TWICE the loadout compared to the Blenheim. How that is fair?

Message 7 of 11 (729 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I typically only play with axis tanks & getting destroyed by allied armor is fairly easy. Infantry posses a serious threat for both factions. Honestly I think tanks still need a buff. Tanks should be tough & feared. They shouldn't be able to be defeated by 2 soldiers.  Planes, other tanks, launchers, dynamite, grenades,  mines, anti-tank guns.... oh yea & also stationary weapons lol. The list on what can destroy a tank just keeps growing. 

Message 8 of 11 (688 Views)

★★★ Guide

Surviving in tanks is easy: just keep distance and NOTHING can kill you.... its even a bit OP.

I think tanks should have 2 people to operate them (one driving, one shooting) just like in Firestorm.

I often find myself shooting 2 rockets and throwing dynamite just to see a tank blow up my face.

Message 9 of 11 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Here is some survivability rules:

Rule number one - don't rush and keep distance 

Rule number two - choose the right setup, e.g - don't play city maps with your Tiger-StuG-Gun Carrier, choose Valentine or Pz IV with shotgun (canister) ammo

Rule number three - check your surroundings frequently with third person view and radar - if there are no allied infantry around - you're in trouble

Message 10 of 11 (637 Views)