Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: How is everyone farming legendary?

by Umagon-1

Original Post

How is everyone farming legendary?

★★★★ Novice

Hello I have been grinding since the update on almost everything I can. I am a little over 30 hours in since the update with no legendary drops. My luck stat is sitting at +98 so I don't know where I am going wrong here. I did receive my first legendary right before the update though bringing my ranger build to 662. I am a bit frustrated because I feel I have tried a lot of different routes to get legendary drops with no results. Thank you in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 32 (1,119 Views)

★★★ Guide
Rng, I kill everything in freeplay. Tend to at least get 1 a hr
Message 2 of 32 (1,111 Views)

★★★★ Guide

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES

SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU

HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF THE WOMEN

Message 3 of 32 (1,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What level Freeplay are you running? I have been grinding on gm2. Seems to be my best survival at my level.

Message 4 of 32 (1,100 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I get most of my legendary weapons and skills from random npcs in freeplay, I don’t need anymore of those right now. I need legendary components and I find the legendary components drop more (at least for me) in the quickplay random legendary contracts. And legendary weapons/skills from the normal contracts. I got really nice 3 charge legendary absolute zero and a sudden death the other day from story contracts I ended up in from quickplay. So, I just run quickplay missions all day. I get a lot of masterwork items too from running quickplay, I have replaced most my components with better rolls. Ultimately getting full legendary is gated by the time investment set by the devs, which seems to be about 250 hours or so.

Message 5 of 32 (1,078 Views)

★ Apprentice

@kb91hatch2

I like that you realize you need luck to improve your drop odds when you are seeking better gear. The thing is though most people think all you need is 90% luck to get the better gear, yet the truth is you need 101% to even reach the first threshold to see better loot drops. Each 10 points after reaching 100% luck you start to go up in thresholds. 

When I was running around 180% luck I was getting Masterwork to drop regularly with my storm; I wish I would have farmed more as the gear I got does not have luck as a stat and now I rarely see Masterwork gear dropping on my Storm. 

My ranger has over 100% luck and that javelin tends to pickup more legendary and masterwork gear than my storm.

My interceptor luck is just as bad as my storm and is why I rarely use that javelin as well as I don't like how it is played. 

So luck does play a factor in gear dropping. I average 1 legendary piece every 30 minutes on my Ranger when in freeplay. On my storm it is one piece every 2 hours or so. Luck does impact drop rates. 

Message 6 of 32 (1,063 Views)

★★ Guide

Freeplay, Quickplay Mission and Legendary Contracts. Basic gameplay if I get 1 I get .

Haven't tracked this, but I feel like quickplay mission(s) freelancer reinforcements rewards me with a Legendary Item.

Message 7 of 32 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@MagikarpsGhost wrote:
Rng, I kill everything in freeplay. Tend to at least get 1 a hr

Bull$*

Message 8 of 32 (1,054 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Awesome, I just crafted a couple mw weapons to roll luck, and changed my gear up to sit at about +105 luck. Assuming now I sit at +205 total with my level cap I am hoping this will help in my grind. Thank you for your advice and experience in this!

Message 9 of 32 (1,051 Views)

★★ Guide

luck.png

I don't "farm legendaries," I run around and have fun. Legendaries I got came from GM1 freeplay and GM1 quickplay regular contracts.

Message 10 of 32 (1,032 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help