Re: How is cheating handled?

by ProbablySinning

Original Post

How is cheating handled?

★★★★★ Novice

I would like to know what is preventing people from cheating in the new game mode? We cant spectate to see if they are acting out of the ordinary. What is to stop people from cheating now?

Message 1 of 5 (303 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Vholumvax What, in this instance, do you consider cheating? If by 'cheating' you're meaning hacking, you can certainly report a suspicious individual using the in-game reporting system. EA has been cracking down on hacking so it will almost 100% be investigated.
Message 2 of 5 (295 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Vholumvax 

Completely understand where you're coming from because cheating is something that drives me mad as well.

Game producers don't tend to share how the anti-cheat works or what their strategies are.

I'm still using the in-game report feature which is still available in Shadowfall. But you can send your reports along with any evidence to EAC using this link.

If you would like to read more about some of the progress made against cheating in Apex you can that here.

Message 3 of 5 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ProbablySinningYes, hacking is a form of cheating and it was what I was talking about. Is the software stopping people from using aimbot or wall hacks or is it based on people reporting and then getting investigated. I know there are some very good players out there but I have seen someone use an R99 to mow down 3 shadows coming at him from almost 180 degrees without missing a beat. Now, with this new game mode we cant spectate and see to report them.

Message 4 of 5 (268 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

EA has instituted an anti-cheat system that boots when the game is started up (at least for PC.) This program likely helps to monitor suspicious activity with predetermined parameters of what the normal player is capable of, and what is most likely a result of a cheat. 

With that being said, the in-game report function still retains its importance as the anti-cheat is programmed to detect specific hacks and may not have the ability to learn. This makes player reports very valuable in the fact that we notice new, strange occurrences, where a program may not.

You can also follow @warslag directions.

Message 5 of 5 (194 Views)