Re: How is 'Champion' determined!??

by Pretzelnutcake

Original Post

How is 'Champion' determined!??

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

How is 'Champion' determined!??

I finished a game with 2200 damage, more kills and the final kill over my LL team mate(who died by the way, he had around 1200 dmg and less kills) but it made him champion the next game.....WTH? He said it was because he revived me 3 times.....CAN THE DEVS MAKE AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON HOW IT WORKS!?

Message 1 of 18 (13,231 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I wonder this one too...how the champion squad get selected? Best of all 60 , based on what category/criteria?

Message 2 of 18 (13,210 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe the exp you earned in that game. Not sure. 

Message 3 of 18 (13,183 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro
Funny story, was in a game where I had 9 kills iirc and was the kill leader as well,we fought our way to the very end before getting third partied and killed and lost that match of course, but the next game had ME as the CHAMPION like damn, the Octane on that team was being a * by teabagging my deathbox but did they deserve to have their champion status revoked lol, either way it was weird but atleast my efforts didn't go unnoticed :D
Message 4 of 18 (13,149 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I can't say for sure but im rather sure about it.

The one with the highest rank previous game played gets it.

If there are multiple people a random one of those people gets chosen.

But a official announcement seems good.

This would not be a problem if you did not get extra XP from it and there is a badge people want to earn as well

( Win a game being champion and killeader )

Message 5 of 18 (13,128 Views)

★★★★ Pro
During an obviously unstable server situation in my region where I and other players had several disconnects and the dreaded slow motion game I ended up dropping solo with no teammates in my squad and for some reason was the Champion squad. Only time I ever been Champion :P.

I have often wondered this as well. It would be a nice benchmark to know
Message 6 of 18 (13,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have been champion many times. For the most part from what I noticed is as follows.

It has very little to do with kills. It has nothing to do with your career stats.

Out of the total 60 players the player who had the best standing from their previous game will be the champion.

I can win a game, then log off for the night and when I log back in in the morning will most likely be the champion.

I have been champion for placing 2nd a few times and once even for placing 3rd with no kills.

When you play with a team and win the champion who had the best overall score on your team is picked.

1) It's not about total kills, it's about total score.

2) Kills+ revives + respawns + damage and so on.

EDITED

That lifeline won it because she healed with her robot and dropped a lot of care packages. Doing such things add to total points.

Traveled distance might even be a factor as well as weapon accuracy.

Message 7 of 18 (13,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hmm, I did an arenas match, got 0 kills 0 deaths and the other team forfeited as soon as the match started and I was chosen as champion for my next BR match.

Message 8 of 18 (4,138 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

From my experience the score determines who is the champ.

If you have the first kill of the day, killed the old champion, kill leader, 6 kills, 6 assists, tons of damage and 1st place you are pretty sure to get champ next round :D Remember assists counts as much as kills for points, and revives counts quite a bit too. Just going by kills does not give the highest score.

Edit: I actually been the champ when my last game I was #3 ... But it was the first game of the day so bonus there, 3 with season pass, 10, kills (pretty sure I took the champ too), 5 assists, 2300 damage and 4 revives and 2 respawns. And ofc having those stats you feel a bit invincible so one starts overpeeking and pushing too hard so we placed nr 3 hehe.

Message 9 of 18 (4,131 Views)

★ Expert

It's whoever, out of the 60 or so players, finished highest in their previous game.

if there's a tie, it's whoever gained the most XP out of those tied.

Message 10 of 18 (4,101 Views)