Re: How far back does your fighter piloting go?

by HCarbonic

Original Post

How far back does your fighter piloting go?

I used to be pretty handy on the Star Wars arcade game (1983).

How far back does your fighter piloting go? Standard smile

Screenshot 2020-06-15 20.45.20.png

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 59 (2,122 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Ever since Battlefront 2015. Most of the straighter maps were fun then

Message 2 of 59 (2,098 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Erm. Battlefront II. I fell in love during the beta and Starfighter Assault is one of my most played modes (if not the most played) in the game Standard smile I loved it so much I actually bought a dedicated flight game (I think Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown) and I'm not terrible, apparently. I suck at playing as a trooper for the most part, I suck at playing as a hero (at least in the large-scale modes, I'm a little better at Heroes vs Villains) but I'm ok in sky/space. And the first person mode doesn't seem to give me motion sickness, unlike 50% of the FPS shooters I've played :P Which is strange, because with all the upside-down spins and turns I imagined it would be worse, but eh.

So I'm not the most experienced pilot, but I enjoy it and I'm far from the worst in Starfighter Assault. I feel like I'm one of the few people who don't crash into all the debris at Endor, so thats a thing.

*also waves to SofaJockey*

Message 3 of 59 (2,067 Views)

★★ Pro
@SofaJockeyUK Only battlefront 1 and 2. Love the immersion when you go into the cockpit...just a shame you couldn’t see the hands, hopefully this game will have it
Message 4 of 59 (2,065 Views)

★ Expert

I don't remember messing with the arcade game, but definitely the X-wing vs Tie Fighter PC games back in the 90's.

Message 5 of 59 (2,056 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I still play X-Wing Alliance on occasion. Great game!

Message 6 of 59 (2,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I definitely went wayyy back to that... though the game I spent the most time on were the X wing battles in the arcade version from the late 90's / early 2000's.  PLayed X-wing vs Tie fighter and even the fighter PvP in SWTOR.

Message 7 of 59 (2,019 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Star Wars Atari Arcade (as per the picture from OP. I was born '85 and have loved Star Wars and Star Wars Gaming for as long as I can remember. Any time I went to an arcade in early 90's and they had that game, I was on it. Second to that, I still play XvT BoP to this day (And X-Wing Alliance)

Message 8 of 59 (1,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

X-Wing Alliance, 2002! My first online game.

Message 9 of 59 (1,971 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@The_Hopfot Way back to The Empire Strikes Back Atari game. lol.
Message 10 of 59 (1,924 Views)