How does the in-game battle mechanism work?

by iX_R4D4R_Xi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How does the in-game battle mechanism work?

★★★★ Apprentice

Do the legends actually die and kill each other during a match in the Arena? Because if so, how is it possible for a legend to play multiple times and become the champion? This is quite a dilemma for me, I do not clearly understand how the Apex Games work, from the legends' POV.

Message 1 of 4 (226 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How does the in-game battle mechanism work?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Dont think we know for sure but looking at the dialouge between legends i would guess that they are simulations based on legends from the universe.

Watts says like "we can reassemble them" or something when you pick up a down and out teammate.

And it would explain why we have many of the same character.

And why they are called legends, and Still fighting to the death for entertainment.

But thats just my take.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (205 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@iX_R4D4R_Xi I think you've got to choose to suspend disbelief straight from the off otherwise you're dealing with potentially 20 clones of each character (replicas of Pathfinder) in the unlikely event that all the teams pick the same characters.
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Dont think we know for sure but looking at the dialouge between legends i would guess that they are simulations based on legends from the universe.

Watts says like "we can reassemble them" or something when you pick up a down and out teammate.

And it would explain why we have many of the same character.

And why they are called legends, and Still fighting to the death for entertainment.

But thats just my take.

Message 3 of 4 (206 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

That is how I also thought, like a simulation, where they and other people fight each other's holograms. Thank you for lightening me up Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (184 Views)