Re: How do you hit a point blank straifing enemy

by damsonwhufndthis

Original Post

@damsonwhufndthis I was playing some matches with a Predator last night and we were talking about strafing in general. It sort of depends on the gun you're using and the legend.

An Octane stim strafing is nearly impossible to hit with a gun like the wingman.

As others here have suggested it really boils down to practice. Depending on how close you are, hip firing can do the trick. But for the hip firing to work you have to be fairly close to them.

One thing that can help is sticking semi close to your team. If your teammate is shooting at the enemy from the side their strafing won't do much for them.

If you're really struggling with it, slower firing weapons can help. Something like the Flatline, it has a large magazine and slow fire rate but still packs a decent punch. So if you miss some shots with it, you'll have plenty to hit the enemy with.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 21 (527 Views)

★★ Pro

@DarthValtrexis there a way to deal with half overall health and shields gone and someone is right above you on highground while you are right under highground so kind of safe but he can jump down on you?

Also it it better to just spam hipfire and focus on dodging the bullets?

Message 12 of 21 (510 Views)

★★ Pro

@DarthValtrexalso I forgot to mention it, but it's hard to use more precise driven guns that help like Flatline if everyone is spamming R99 and mastiff and stuff, it's not easy to shread down enemy if they are already melting me you feel me

Message 13 of 21 (506 Views)

you want to strafe to match their strafe, but also time your shots like dont move oyur mouse so much, you just wait til your strafe lines up, but dont stop shooting, its weird. you never just wanna stand there not shooting. you want to shoot wingman at its fastest fire rate, but you just wanna make your strafe match and make tiny mouse movements, and also play gridshot on aim labs.

Message 14 of 21 (501 Views)

also what helped me is 1v1 your friends in training with wingman, and practice strafing not behind cover.

Message 15 of 21 (500 Views)

@damsonwhufndthis I think it depends on the situation as to whether or not hip fire is ideal and it depends on the gun you're using. you still have to track the target a bit.

Do you have any clips of you struggling with this? It would give us a better idea of what's happening. What is your ADS sensitivity set at right now? When they strafe are you having a hard time tracking them because that's set to low? Could it be the opposite and you have it set to high? If you have it set to high and can't control your ADS speed you'll over correct when they move.

I have a clip of me downing a Wraith who did the strafe/spam crouch and I used a flatline. I'm working on uploading to my youtube channel. I'll share it with ya when I get it up. I was using the flatline at an ideal range for the gun

Message 16 of 21 (477 Views)

★★ Pro
@damsonwhufndthis You want to face away from opponents gun by mirroring his movements. Also, practice starfe shooting in firing range(try it with some friends or just shoot the dummies). Firing range will make your recoil control good etc but aim improvement is gonna be slower compared to practicing on a dedicated aim trainer.
Message 17 of 21 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]

@damsonwhufndthis Here is a clip of me using the flatline at an ideal range. I nearly won that fight and one of those players was a Predator. But it gives you an idea.

If the flatlines recoil is too much for you to control, maybe try the 301 it's much easier to control the recoil. The Spitfire is okay, how ever even with the buff you're going to get outshot by players with a 301, flatline 99 and volt.

https://youtu.be/_rkOo0-syEQ

Message 18 of 21 (442 Views)

★★ Pro

lol that was sick, I guess the close 1v1s come down to also luck if the shots even hit, and while there still is accuracy involved, unless you are trained like an aimbot, there is still luck

I actually enjoy the Flatline lately despite the recoil I manage to somewhat control it

The video is really helpful, well played and thanks. @DarthValtrex 

Message 19 of 21 (415 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hit them melee once then unload your magazine on them

Message 20 of 21 (400 Views)