Re: How do you have your tanks set up?

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

How do you have your tanks set up?

I'm happy with my Panzer 4 it's by far my favorite tank. It's set up for taking out infantry so it can get interesting when an enemy is in a heavy hitting tank.

That said, the Valentine used to be my favorite but the last few times I've played the splash damage has not been all that great. Just sort of curious if I have it set up wrong. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 1 of 6 (918 Views)

I honestly don't feel like any tank packs that much of a punch so whatever I choose (I try to level eveeything to at least 4-6), I try to make sure it has HEAT rounds or Howitzer.

I used the little Staghound a lot at launch for it's speed and surprising accuracy (mostly for infantry), and I quite enjoyed the LVT I stole from an enemy the other day too.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 6 (869 Views)

@TTZ_Dipsy I do fairly good in the Panzer 4.. Frequently go 60-4 or so in them. But the Valentine tank I do well with it vs other tanks, not so much vs infantry. You have to have laser accuracy with it to get infantry kills which can often be difficult.

Message 3 of 6 (834 Views)

★★★ Guide

Panzer 4 and the Valentine are in different teams, you don't have to choose between them. But among tanks they are my favorites for their factions. Relatively fast and acceptable armor.

They are about the same, I run different specs on them. The upgraded cannon is nice to have on both.

bfv_2020_07_12_10_47_43_658.jpg

bfv_2020_07_12_10_46_12_030.jpg

I like the mine clearing mini-rockets on the Valentine, it is really fun, nasty surprise for the infantry and it used to (still does?) deal a ton of damage close range vs armor.

Armor piercing shells is a must have for the Panzer IV

Message 4 of 6 (807 Views)

[ Edited ]

@GUTENTAAAAGI'm going to try your set up on the Valentine. The Panzer 4, I went straight down the right side, Flares, S-mine launcher and so on. It's insanely good vs infantry, I can go into an enemy objective that has 10+ enemies and take them all out typically no issue. But it's extremely weak vs other tanks, which makes sense. I have to be really careful on the map and run if I see enemy tanks. Unless I have some type of support from infantry, whether it's them helping damage/blow up the enemy tank or just helping with repairs.

I'd have to look at my Valentine set up, but I know I have the hell fire rockets. I love them! I do remember the Valentine is/was a beast on Panzer Storm.

Never been a big fan of the Tiger or Churchill they are just too slow and I like to be in the fight supporting the infantry on my team. Putting pressure on enemy and flushing them out of camped locations.

Oh and I'm from the Apex forum. Typically play that the most but I've been missing gaming with my BFV friends so I'm trying to get back into it.

Message 5 of 6 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The Tiger and the Churchill is also good when you need more armor - you have to face more enemies, typically in Breakthrough where you advance slowly anyway.

In my experience rushing in with a tank is very dangerous even when equipped with with anti-personal mines which can be used only once.

Regarding other tanks: Archer is great when you need more range (defending Panzerstorm BT for eg). and I'm not a big fan of the Gun Carrier because infantry can run around you but sometimes it's useful in breakthrough if the map is narrow. The Staghound and the tiny German tank are just too weak for my taste, especially because they receive a ton of damage from the AT rifles if the enemy team is using them.
Sherman/LTV/Japanese tank/Kami/ are all great.

Message 6 of 6 (740 Views)