Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How do I unlock the metal painting materials?

by forsythej886

Original Post

Re: How do you get the gold metal color?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Gold and Brass were both available during the beta and I prefered brass. I think it looks more gold than gold.

So don't be upset for now. Brass is a perfectly valid replacement for gold until you get it. Gold doesn't look greatly different than brass in Anthem.

Message 10 of 27 (2,839 Views)

★★ Novice

Like the others said, Gold for metal materials is behind the 50k grind. However, just to clarify- contracts at 50 pts wouldn't be what I suggest. If you do quickplay, you're eligible for whatever loyalty points whoever's story mission would grant. I did about 10 or so quickplay missions and got about 200 pts of loyalty points on average per mission. The only downside is that its random since its quickplay so you may be working on Sentinel 50k pts but all your qp missions may be arcanists or freelancer based for a while.

Still, even if you end up doing 3 or 4 of the other faction missions you don't want- 1 good mission will still beat out grinding those contracts. Unless they're stronghold contracts, which seem semi random.

I'm also getting a couple masterwork weapons already and once you get them and complete the weapon challenges, the masterwork blueprints will unlock- regardless of if you've hit that 50k benchmark or not. Keep in mind-that only applies to that specific weapon.

Hope that helps!

Message 11 of 27 (823 Views)

★★★ Guide

Brass can be unlocked much earlier. And its "gold-ish" looking alloy (the very reason why that alloy was invented in teh first place).

Message 12 of 27 (807 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

50k loyalty points... For each faction, I've barely hit 3k on one of the factions by running everything in the game and then some.

Talk about not scaling up well, it goes from easy to no life in a couple of hours.

Message 13 of 27 (794 Views)

Re: How do I unlock the metal painting materials?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Take a look into your Challenges > Factions. You will get most of the metal "colors" by completing reputation challenges with the each faction. However, the gold require an additional challenge after that, which is much more demanding.

Message 15 of 27 (9,356 Views)

★ Novice
What d you mean additional challenge?
I got to rank 3 with arcanists and i should have unlocked brass and a couple other more, but i cant see them anywhere in the forge\appearance
Same goes with the player "banners" you are supposed to get with some challenges
Message 16 of 27 (757 Views)

★★★ Guide

You will get a challenge for additional reputation for the factions (50k each, so 150k total) and the rewards are gold metal "color" and some masterwork component blueprints. It's a long-term goal, as there isn't quite easy to get such amount of reputation fast.

You should see those colors in the Forge when some metal surface is assigned to a javelin part, instead of a regular color of other surface types.

Message 17 of 27 (719 Views)

★★★ Novice
I did all the loyalty challenges. I didn't get any non-ferrous metals in the forge
Message 18 of 27 (352 Views)

Champion
@TheGunsmith71 This thread is more than a year old.

That being said, to see the metal colors, you have to first have a metal texture chosen. Then you click on the color swatch (where you could change any other texture to blue, red, yellow, green, etc). Any unlocked metal colors should be there.

By not having any non-ferrous, do you mean you just have only steel?

Just another gamer hoping to help.
Love playing RPGs, MMOs, and Action games.
Like watching most other games.

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 19 of 27 (323 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, you see, there is only steel ...
Message 20 of 27 (295 Views)
Twitter Stream