Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How do I unlock the metal painting materials?

by forsythej886

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I unlock the metal painting materials?

★★★★★ Newbie

So during the VIP Demo and open demo I was able to make some pretty badass looking javelins. The metal materials available like copper, gold and chromium were awesome. Upon beginning the full game I found that I only have access to steel.

How do I unlock the other metals? Specifically the 3 that I mentioned. If anyone can answer this i would appreciate it. I've been googling it since the 15th and haven't found a solid answer yet.

Message 14 of 27 (8,496 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I unlock the metal painting materials?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Take a look into your Challenges > Factions. You will get most of the metal "colors" by completing reputation challenges with the each faction. However, the gold require an additional challenge after that, which is much more demanding.

View in thread

Message 15 of 27 (9,160 Views)

All Replies

How do you get the gold metal color?

★★★ Apprentice

In the demo I could change my metal color to gold. I love the black, gold, and burgundy color scheme. I see how to unlock brass, copper, and bronze metals but nothing for gold. If anyone has any info on this it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 27 (10,694 Views)

Re: How do you get the gold metal color?

★ Apprentice

You can get the gold metal collor by completing the reputation grind for all 3 factions Wink Its thats 3x 50K rep. It also unlocks most of the MW crafting recepies 

Message 2 of 27 (10,689 Views)

★ Guide

Well, gold is an illusion, it's yellow on shiny metal. Find the correct metal type and find a color that's near gold or use the custom color wheel. Later when Arcanist is at lvl 3 you get brass (R2D2, lol) , copper, silver and platinum.

Message 3 of 27 (10,678 Views)

★ Guide
and offcourse, they put away gold behind some redicelous grind
Message 4 of 27 (10,660 Views)

★ Pro

Getting all factions to loyalty level 3 unlocks a "Champion of Tarsis" challenge, which requires 50k more loyalty points for each faction, and gives the gold color and a bunch of masterwork blueprints.  Offhand I'm not sure what the blueprints are (could be components or sigils).

Given that the 3 end game contracts are giving me 50 loyalty points each, that would be... 3000 contracts to get there?  I can say for sure that's not happening.

Message 5 of 27 (10,614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@jordyv89 ridiculous grind? I have had brass for days now and the game has been out how long? Do you want a full kit of legendary items by now too?

Also it doesn't require all the rep as said above. I think brass color was given as a rank 2 unlock from one of the factions as I haven't completed them all yet. 

Message 6 of 27 (10,611 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Well, brass isn't gold.... and that is ridiculous. Of course the one other color I want unlocked would require that much grinding. Oh well.
Message 7 of 27 (10,548 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

And the gold isn't an illusion. There was an actual gold in the demo.

Message 8 of 27 (10,544 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Liquidous_Flame wrote:

@jordyv89 ridiculous grind? I have had brass for days now and the game has been out how long?

He's not talking about Brass.  He's talking about Gold.  Gold is locked behind 450 hours of contracts.  

Message 9 of 27 (10,531 Views)
Twitter Stream