How do I unlink an EA Account from Xbox to link it to a new account.

by TravelYoGo2456

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I unlink an EA Account from Xbox to link it to a new account.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have had Xbox Gamepass a while, and they released the EA Play games on there so I downloaded the Desktop App and it linked to some account I made a long time ago. It just so happens I didn't write down the password or save it and I had a different email. It is called SlothRebel and I have been trying to unlink it to link it to my new EA account TravelYoGo2456. Every time I try to play a game on EA Play I need to try to get it to link automatically since I cannot login to that account on the EA Desktop App and it is very annoying because sometimes it doesn't link automatically and sometimes it does.
Update: I found the password in a password book from 6 years ago turns out they linked it to the account I used on PS3 

Message 1 of 6 (1,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I unlink an EA Account from Xbox to link it to a new account.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @TravelYoGo2456 and @DeeeesNutsssssss,  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (906 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I Posted the same issue Frown but instead I LITERALLY Cant unlink my xbox account from my OLD ea account EA ISSUE.png

Message 2 of 6 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I literally just went through this. You have to go to your EA Customer Portal> Connections> Unlink. If you've recently linked the Xbox Acct you can't unlink for 6 months. As for OP, you can do the same and unlink from your Sony ID which will free the account of any connections and you can link to your Xbox account by signing in and pressing the "sign in with Xbox Live" button at sign in on the EA Website. It's all completely convoluted and frustrating.

Message 3 of 6 (978 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @TravelYoGo2456 and @DeeeesNutsssssss,  for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ea_darko i have tried what u said to do when I get to select contact option it just loads infinitely and I'm stuck i need to unlink the ea account from my Xbox profile and I cant access that ea account any more because i cant access the email associated with it. my xbox  profile is Gaia91 i made a new ea account i want to attach to it slyt1991 

Message 5 of 6 (816 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @slyt1991 can you grab me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

I tested it there and it is working as it should for me.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (793 Views)