How do I git gud at aiming?

by TreemanXD

Original Post

Re: How do I git gud at aiming?

★★★★★ Expert
@TreemanXD One word “practice”.

Elaborated: know your weapon, get a feel for it and afterwards do target practice
Message 11 of 22 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

On the console version of Apex legends, the biggest factor in aiming is the aim assist. Don't believe me? Turn it off and see how you do. 

Message 12 of 22 (695 Views)

Champion

@full951  That would'nt really help the dude get any better though would it lol?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 22 (686 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@full951 I did this like 2 weeks ago... unless a target is standing still, running in a straight line or makes predictable move patterns... my aim was *... the first shots usually connected, but afterwards... my lord... it looked like I was drunk and being smacked while trying to shoot XD

@MandatoryIDtag, maybe it's a cheering up reply saying "You could do way worse" XD
Message 14 of 22 (670 Views)

Champion

@Koochi-Q  touche Tongue out

Message 15 of 22 (663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i use a scope and aim then when i got a clean shot i fire then it tags them.

sometimes it works if i use a peacekeeper but if i have a hemlock i just got tapping the single fire with the scope on no real aiming i just shoot.

i like to use the heavy ammo rifle sniper with a 3x scope for up close fights. i could go on musing but ill stop there.

Message 16 of 22 (646 Views)

★★ Guide

GIT GUD KID

Message 17 of 22 (629 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag No it would not. Its more of a comment on how aim assist is negatively influencing gaming on consoles. It's so heavy in this game turning it off will destroy any chance you have at surviving a firefight. It also shows how there is no real aiming skill in this game. There's lots of other skill for damn sure but the aiming part is handled almost exclusively by the aim assist in the console version of Apex legends. if players were made to aim for themselves it would only improve the gameplay and getting lazered would drop dramatically. We as console players have been conditioned to think our aim is better than it really is because of the helping hand that is aim assist. There's more than a couple games without aim assist that prove it isn't needed. The option to turn it off while everyone else gets the advantage isn't enough. Global aim assist off servers would be a start
Message 18 of 22 (608 Views)

★★★ Expert

@TreemanXD wrote:

I’m on PS4 @neillkorey 

Right out of the gates, the best advice I got by a mile, was to take a little bit of extra time to aim, and try not to cave to the pressure of shooting immediately before your opportunity passes.

Open fire a bit later and hitting is always preferable to blasting someone right away and missing, this obviously applies when you flank someone, of see someone from high ground who is unaware of you.

When having face to face encounters at close range being quick is always better unless you play shotgun.

Another tip that helps when you're new is to aim a little below where you mean to shoot at so the recoil will take you to the target. Aiming at the knees with an R99 will make your reliably hit the upper body without needing the recoil control skills of experienced players.

And last, I recommend using the classic response curve instead of steady, or the others, and probably start at lower sensitivity. 4/4 or 4/3 should be good, and you can later up that to 5/4.

Classic is better than steady, since the acceleration more accurately reflects how far you tilt your right joystick, while steady makes relatively finer adjustments with a little tilt, it accelerates very rapidly past a certain point, which makes it hard to stay on a running target at mid and close range.

I changed my steady back to classic after seeing all the pro controller players using it, and it helped a lot.

Message 19 of 22 (597 Views)

Champion

@full951  Hmmm, i think i'll give it a try. I do normally turn off aim assist on any FPS i play as i got sick of my weapons being dragged off a target when another ran across my crosshairs.(COD was evil for this back in the old days)

Only reason i hadnt with apex is the hectic nature of the game, with mobility being such a heavy focus on this i just decided characters like pathfinder and octane would be a real pain to hit haha.

Message 20 of 22 (584 Views)