Re: How do I git gud at aiming?

by TreemanXD

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TreemanXDAbsolutely take the advice of going into Training mode, & familiarizing yourself with different recoil patterns. Find the nearest wall, ADS the gun, & dump the entire mag while Not controlling the recoil.... Some patterns are really simple, & only require countering via the Right stick. Some recoil patterns require a little strafe alongside that, as well. But in-game situations will vary, the muscle memory you learn will definitely assist, but not always directly translate in-game. Naturally

Regardless, it helps A TON. 1.)Learn the recoil pattern of a gun, then 2.) spend time shooting the BLOODHOUND that accompanies you in Training mode, with that gun. Become familiar w/ using that gun at different distances, different elevations, as well as practicing point blank, 1v1 scenarios. As if you were actually under duress. 

I've done this with every gun in the game, & once you've spent enough time with each gun, you pretty much INSTANTLY feel more comfortable using that weapon in real game scenarios. Becoming "proficient" with each weapon, regardless of how good it is, helps a ton. 

Last point. Is about the relationship between aiming / strafing. There's a lot I could bring up, but what I'll try & emphasize, is, PICK A SIDE... Don't just wiggle like mad man (sometimes you have to, sure). But an easy way to hit shots is to HOLD your aim a little bit to the Left, or Right, in the direction your enemy is about to strafe. They'll step right into your bullets. Then just start pulling your aim back over to the other side, they'll slide right back into it, again.... You have to strafe smart. Strafing smart can also improve your aim, by choosing to strafe SLOWLY in a single direction, while largely focusing on your aim. THEN, once it's clear a little extra movement on your part is necessary, hit em with a hard opposite strafe, or, a little "two step" (pretending to commit to the opposite side, then returning fully to the original direction). 

Once you get a feel for the nuances of all that, it become a lot more clear, when its necessary to prioritize HITTING your shots, over DODGING shots. And vice versa. And as a result, how best to strafe given the circumstances of a fight. Yes wiggling like crazy is necessary at times. But don't just assume that sh*t is Meta. Focus on hitting your shots

And aim for the head when you can 

Message 21 of 22 (192 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks everyoneStandard smile

Message 22 of 22 (158 Views)