How do I enable text chat on xbox one?

by cliffscooler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I enable text chat on xbox one?

★★★ Newbie

Someone on my team said "Hi" using text to speech on xbox one however I cannot find any buttons mapped to chat nor any setting to enable it.

Message 1 of 6 (25,471 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I enable text chat on xbox one?

★★ Apprentice
Hold the back button until the keyboard appears. It can be iffy. I’ve had it not say anything after submitting it or sometimes it’ll pronoun things oddly.

Depending on your and/or other peoples’ settings, you/they will either hear it or it’ll appear as text.

Careful using the option to convert teammates’ voice to text. It either doesn’t always work well or maybe they had heavy accents cuz the text translation was completely horrible one game but seemingly fine another.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (25,464 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice
Hold the back button until the keyboard appears. It can be iffy. I’ve had it not say anything after submitting it or sometimes it’ll pronoun things oddly.

Depending on your and/or other peoples’ settings, you/they will either hear it or it’ll appear as text.

Careful using the option to convert teammates’ voice to text. It either doesn’t always work well or maybe they had heavy accents cuz the text translation was completely horrible one game but seemingly fine another.
Message 2 of 6 (25,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie
same problem
Message 3 of 6 (25,398 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Mister_Chompski
I dont really get what you mean with "back" can you describe more.
(Maybe i dont get it because i'm German)
Message 4 of 6 (22,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Der_Real_German The “B” button on the far right of the controller. (The red one)
Message 5 of 6 (21,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On Xbox go to the settings while in a game and click on the social button. Enable text chat 

Message 6 of 6 (1,688 Views)