How do I change the currency displayed in the Origin store?

by Sega_Dancer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do I change the currency displayed in the Origin store?

★★★★ Novice

My Origin store is currently displaying Rand as the store currency, but it is not my local currency. After chatting with someone at the Origin help centre regarding me not being able to purchase any games from the store (due to all my credit cards not being verified by the store), they told me this currency issue may be the root of the problem. Frown So is there any way to change my currency so I can buy a game? The wait is torturous. ;'(

Message 1 of 28 (86,809 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do I change the currency displayed in the Origin store?

Community Manager

@younabobo3 Hmmm, what's your region? 

If you add a game (any game, I'm not looking for a purchase to go through) and go to the checkout, part of the url in your address bar should indicate your currency. 

For example I'm in Ireland and the part of the url in question says "cartcheckout/payment?country=IE&currency=EUR" showing it's the Irish store and in Euros. 

If you check your URL is should show your store and the currency indicator code for you. 

Thanks, and sorry that this is so unclear. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 14 of 28 (66,310 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

As far as I know it's impossible to change the currency, as it seems to be tied to the nation that you're currently in. Judging from your post I assume that you are not in the RSA now... maybe reinstalling Origin client is going to work?

(Well, using VPN is a solution too, but it's a bad one, as you will expose your credit card information)

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 28 (86,720 Views)

Community Manager

@Sega_Dancer Hi,

How are you connecting to the internet? If you are using a proxy, I would suggest turning that off to see whether you are then able to purchase games in your local currency.

Let me know how you get on afterwards.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 28 (86,720 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I see, thanks. Standard smile

Message 4 of 28 (86,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, im not using a proxy server. Im directly connected to broadband internet and am using fibre optic cable directly with my internet provider. 

Thanks,

Sega_Dancer

Message 5 of 28 (86,708 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, if your IP address is accurate, I don't think we have an Origin store in your region. This is likely why it's going for the nearest store, in SA. 

If you're using a VPN network (common when working abroad, if that's a factor for you), these can also have issues when trying to make a purchase. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 28 (86,667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

Hmm, if your IP address is accurate, I don't think we have an Origin store in your region. This is likely why it's going for the nearest store, in SA. 

If you're using a VPN network (common when working abroad, if that's a factor for you), these can also have issues when trying to make a purchase. 

Thanks, but would my region be a problem to disallow me from making any purchases online?

Im not using a VPN network either since it isn't secure enough for me.

Message 7 of 28 (86,656 Views)

Community Manager

It could be an issue with a mismatch between your actual location and the card details, but I'm just speculating at this point.

If your card is set to another region the bank might be blocking the purchase. I take it you've been able to make other online purchases?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 28 (86,642 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David wrote:

It could be an issue with a mismatch between your actual location and the card details, but I'm just speculating at this point.

If your card is set to another region the bank might be blocking the purchase. I take it you've been able to make other online purchases?

My card shpuld allow me to make internaional purchases, since it has never been an issue before. I can make other online purchaseson other websites, but cannot make any in the origin store.

Message 9 of 28 (86,636 Views)

★★ Novice

Dear

I have same problem I am in Iraq

I want to buy Fifa 16 point to PC i couldn't because the currency in Euro and my setting for US store I want to buy in US Dollar

I use same card to buy Fifa points from Microsoft for Xbox One and it's OK

Please help me I am looking for your aanswer

Message 10 of 28 (85,546 Views)