How do I change the currency displayed in the Origin store?

by Sega_Dancer

Original Post

Re: How do I change the currency displayed in the Origin store?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Same problem on my side. I'm currently living in Mauritius, I can use my card for any other purchase on the internet, but the Origin Store displays my currency as Rand and I can't make any purchase.

How is it possible that Origin does not let the end user select for his preferred currency? Are we living in the 90s or what?

Any advises here?

Message 11 of 28 (8,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

M p senti 1 mauricien

Message 12 of 28 (8,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It shows me 189R idk what even this currency is..

Message 13 of 28 (7,819 Views)

Community Manager

@younabobo3 Hmmm, what's your region? 

If you add a game (any game, I'm not looking for a purchase to go through) and go to the checkout, part of the url in your address bar should indicate your currency. 

For example I'm in Ireland and the part of the url in question says "cartcheckout/payment?country=IE&currency=EUR" showing it's the Irish store and in Euros. 

If you check your URL is should show your store and the currency indicator code for you. 

Thanks, and sorry that this is so unclear. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 14 of 28 (66,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks! <3

Message 15 of 28 (7,811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, I live in turkey and want the store to display tl how do I do this? I cant pay with my card because it is euro. Also Im using the origin application I downloaded from the internet onto my pc, so there is not a link to change, I tried changing it online but I don know what to put in,tried  tr tl but didnt work..

Message 16 of 28 (7,298 Views)

Community Manager

@AlandrianKnight Hi,

Unfortunately you cannot change the currency like that. Normally you should be able to pay in Euro and just let your bank convert the currency for you.

Are you not able to do that when proceeding?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 17 of 28 (7,266 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, it says my card has insufficent funds yet I checked, my card has 294 TRY which converts to 89 euros, the product I am attempting to purchase is 80 euros, I retried a few times and got the same error

Message 18 of 28 (7,255 Views)

EA Staff

@AlandrianKnight Have you double checked the conversion fees your bank applies? Also what conversion rate does your bank use? These charges may take you over the amount need for the purchase.

Message 19 of 28 (7,253 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I have, 

Message 20 of 28 (7,239 Views)