Re: How could we bring back Disruptor Rounds?

by xMaxrayx

Original Post

How could we bring back Disruptor Rounds?

[ Edited ]
Champion

I was thinking about the Re-45 today and how it feels like it's one hop-up away from being top tier.

Now the Disruptor rounds were absolutely dominant with the Alternator back in S2 but they were also very strong on the Re-45, with the buffs the Re-45 has received since S2 bringing the Disruptors back as they were would make the Re-45 a little too strong.

If the Disruptors were brought back then I believe the Alternator should be left out of the mix this time and instead the Sentinel receives the hop-up (with some buffs).

Here are my own suggestions:

SENTINEL

• Disruptor rounds fired with the Sentinel now downgrade an Evo shield by 50 points in addition to the damage dealt. Hitting a red Evo shield with Disruptors will always downgrade it to purple, but only 50 damage is required to level that shield back up to red.
  • 2 shield cells to charge

The changes I've made to the sentinel here are to give it a bonus as it's lost the ability to charge by default. By allowing it to downgrade Evo shields by 50 points, it gives the Sentinel the edge over other long range poking tools, especially towards the end of the game. 

Re-45

• Disruptor rounds on the Re-45 do 1.7x Damage to enemy shields.
  • Requires charging, using 1 shield cell. Gives you 45 Disruptor shots before requiring another charge. Does not diminish over time.
  • Charging takes 2 seconds (1 second if you have golden shields)

This is a tricky one, I have kept the damage the same on the Re-45 as it was but in turn I have make it require a charge in the same way as the Sentinel requires one. As the damage would be higher than the S2 Re-45. This means that you really have to prepare this weapon for a fight rather than just go in guns blazing. This also stops people from trying to use it as a long range poking tool like the Dis/Alternator was and more of a close range shredder.

Another Proposal is regarding Wattsons ultimate:

INTERCEPTION PYLON

• Players with Disruptor rounds can now directly charge their weapons from Wattson's Interception Pylon to save their shield cells.

Let me know what you think of these ideas in the thread below!

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 1 of 16 (515 Views)

★ Expert
@Cabowse
gold hopup
increase damage to shield decrease damage to health
use twice as much ammo
Message 2 of 16 (511 Views)

Hero
@Cabowse I would be happy to see it back on the 301 and alt. Took a lot fun out of using the alt removing that.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 16 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Daze623I think that's an interesting idea, reducing damage to health to balance it out. Rewards players that are good with weapons swaps mid fight.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Message 4 of 16 (497 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Cabowse I was thinking about how it could be brought back the other day and thought maybe a gold alternator or re-45 could be put into the care package. At the very least it be different.
Message 5 of 16 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@CabowseNo thx, u want premade own the lobboy all time ?
I get tired of premade who use crypto ult with his mirage teammate who use p2020 with hammer point meanwhile my teammate can't do 1 dmg.
guns fight should be reward ur aim skill not because u have this gun.

Message 6 of 16 (465 Views)

★ Expert
@Cabowse yeah I just don't like using shield cell for damage cause I usually run out of it. lol
Message 7 of 16 (455 Views)

Champion
@DK9027 I think you're right about adding another weapon to the care package, but I think it will likely be the Wingman!

Message 8 of 16 (453 Views)

Champion
@Daze623 Same here but if you have a lifeline on your team it's usually a breeze to find them! Still surprised they haven't put them in Crafting machines!

Message 9 of 16 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@Cabowseyeah they definitely need to add syringe and shieldcell so people would actually care about the crafting machines at late game instead of just using them as cover. lol

Message 10 of 16 (443 Views)