Re: How can I make a Star wars fan game and not get it copyright struck?

by ivrognard

Original Post

How can I make a Star wars fan game and not get it copyright struck?

★★ Novice

I am very young and on the learning process of the video game industry, after seeing how EA shut down star wars galaxy in turmoil I was wondering if it is worth it trying to do a star wars fan game(and if yes, how) or come up with something new so that i dont "waste" time in a game that is going to be struck down? (obviously it is going to be free and have all the warnings and credits to ea, disney and lucasarts)

Message 1 of 2 (623 Views)

Re: How can I make a Star wars fan game and not get it copyright struck?

@WANTGrievousNOW  i really doubt that you can. Disney (they are the IP owners and they actually decide who gets the license for videogames, merchandise and so on) are overprotective with the franchise. And their policy is that no more fan stuff (be it books, merchandise or anything else). If you can convince them (which probably is a true adventure by itself), then you could probably do a game. But your chances...let's say that they are under 0.1%.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 2 (601 Views)