Re: How can I know how loud I am?

by Ingeniekey

Original Post

How can I know how loud I am?

★★★★★ Guide

...How can I know how loud I am, when my footsteps are NOT HEARD BY ME but LOUD AS HELL for the enemy. Ridiculous audio design.

Message 1 of 12 (397 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Ingeniekey Your steps are intentionally quieter so you wouldnt turn around every 10 meters to check for enemies
Message 2 of 12 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Srksii When I try to walk quietly and my footsteps arent heard at all by myself, they are still loud for the enemy, so the audio clues for me is misleading me to believe I am quiet, which I am not. So, bad game design.
Message 3 of 12 (373 Views)

Champion
@Ingeniekey No it is good design so your own steps dont overwhelm you. You know your steps will be heard by your opponent. This isnt warzone. It isnt about sneaking around.
Message 4 of 12 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Ingeniekey Walk quietly - wrong game, that's a feature in Valorant :D
Message 5 of 12 (337 Views)

Champion

Work on the assumption that if you're running and can hear an enemy nearby, they can hear you at the same volume.

Or at least that would be the ideal if footstep audio wasn't utter garbage.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 12 (314 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Ingeniekey You quietly say into your mic: “Can you hear me?”. If you get a reply... they can and you’re dead...

If you don’t, they might be tactical and not answer you on purpose cause you’ll keep asking and giving your position away.
Message 7 of 12 (307 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Koochi-Q I guess for new players this audio design will be a learning curve in itself.
Message 8 of 12 (275 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Ingeniekey Lolz not only for the new players. I find myself constantly learning new audio cues xD. Someone below me -> sound is above
Teammate right next to me -> actually an enemy
Nobody anywhere near me except teammates -> hear random disembodied footsteps close to me on the other side of where my teammates are that let me jump xD
Message 9 of 12 (257 Views)

Champion

@Ingeniekey  What audio design?

We have audio anarchy. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 10 of 12 (229 Views)