Re: How can I become a better pilot in PS4

by Huskii96

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I become a better pilot in PS4

★★ Apprentice

Hello  I play battlefield v as my first battlefield game and I started playing during quarantine in home , I just wanted to ask you guys how can I be a better pilot I can’t really control that plane and always I’m getting so much press from other planes and they  end my round so quick it’s also hard but I’m seeing a lot of airplane users making great scores . 

Message 1 of 12 (992 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Pro
@LordNicolas71 Ok strap yourself in mate because I'm about to take you on a plane 'fly-through' that will get you kicking chocks and slappin chops in no time

1st you want to ensure your plane sensitivity is maxed out, you'll find this in options under controls and right at the bottom. Next go over to the video settings and change your 3P POV is as high as it can go. It'll look strange to begin with but you'll get use to it and give you more area to see. In that same option scroll to the bottom and turn off the last 4 selections, things like vignette, chromatic, etc as this will give a more flat profile and make seeing targets much easier.

Next you need to understand weak points of aircraft and how best to attack them in order to bring them down the most efficient way possible. Below I've gone through each aircraft type, do get your snacky snacks because it's going to be a long read.

Bombers/Mosquitos

When going after bombers, you want to target the engine on the inside of whatever turn they're making (if they're going left, shoot the left).

This will cause he plane to dip in that direction and the pilot will have to try leveling it out, most of the time, they'll over compensate and so the plane becomes a rickety pinata for you to take good shots on the other engine.

The other reason to do this is because if they're in the gunner seat, the radical dip in the plane will force them into the pilot seat and thus removes the gun fire on you.

The engines immediately net you a sweet 45 damage as not only do you get vehicle disable points but also engine disable specific points pluss all the damage it took before you disabled it....this could net you on 1 engine a sweet sweet 80+ damage to the bomber.

Secondary weak spots which are not as effective unless they are close to the ground, mountains, etc is the wings, elevator and rudder. The reason I say not as effective is you have to remember the Blenheim, Ju88 and Mosquitos are lumbering beasts that cant maneuver well anyway, so while disabling wings, rudder, etc might get you some points, it wont have that devastating destructive damage that taking out an engine will. If you get an Engine quick enough, you can drop a bomber faster than they can bail out, something you can't do with wings alone.

Also on a side note, a mosquito running the upgraded engines has a constant speed faster than a G6 using NoS, taking out the engines is a must in order to keep the Mosquito from making a break for the repair station and keeping away from you.

Stukas

Unlike the bigger bombers, you'll want to take out the Stuka's elevator as a priority, while you may not get the high damage points you'd get off an engine, the engine being at the front will be harder to hit.

By taking out the elevator you just made the Stuka struggle to do the one thing it can do well...climb! By taking away the ability for the stuka to climb effectively, you've now put yourself in the advantages position of avoiding the Stuka from angling vertical and being able to light you up with the rear guns. As long as you stay under the aircraft at a steep angle, it wont be able to hit you and you have free reign to unleash hell on the undercarriage.

Wings would be second priority as to not allow the stuka to turn sideways to rear gun you but keep in mind, damaged wings can cause a Stuka to involuntarily lose control and plummet, which will make you lose the kill.

Fighters

WINGS! WINGS! WINGS!.....did I mention wings? Yes wings are going to be your greatest ally and most hated enemy, as you'll love shooting them but hate them being shot off you.

Without wings a fighter can become almost as bad as being dead in the water, it'll lose the ability to keep someone lined up effectively, it's turning will become as cumbersome as trying to U-turn a bus in a 1-way lane during peak hour traffic and it's speed will drop faster than Bill Cosby's book deal.

If you want a sure fire way to ruin a fighters day and take them out of the equations, go for the wings! Elevators and rudder don't even come close to the ball park in effectiveness compared to the wings.

Just as an FYI to anyone running the radar on the VA....you need to lose it and get wing armor, that 40% extra protection WILL mean the difference in winning and losing, as apposed to the radar which will make you fly predictably and so any good pilot will be able to counter it. Stop using the radar as a crutch and invest in your 2 ears to hear where the enemy is and what they're doing with their engine

I hope this has given you a bit more insight into the weak points of aircraft and how best to utilize this knowledge more effectively when combating different classes of aircraft.

Best thing you can do is just keep practicing, keep going up any chance you can and don't let other pilots score get you down. Focus on how much better you are compared to yesterday and strive to be the pilot you'll be tomorrow Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (886 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Hey @LordNicolas71
As I might not have any pilot skills what so ever I know the right person who can help with that question or atleast provide some tips and tricks. Also from what I've  been told his a hell of a pilot 
@Real_Noobalishusplease take the scene!

Message 2 of 12 (985 Views)

Hero
@LordNicolas71 It's mostly about practice. I'd suggest using the practice range to get to grips with the general mechanics, then move on to trying during matches.

Max out you plane FOV, keep an eye behind you and take evasive action as soon as you see someone tailing you, and try to keep an eye on the scoreboard to see how many enemy planes there are. It also couldn't hurt to check out YouTube videos with tips and manoeuvres, plus there's a pretty active pilot community on Reddit (r/PilotsOfBattlefield) which could be worth checking out.

The biggest problem you'll probably find is that you likely won't have fully upgraded planes, putting you at a disadvantage against a lot of other pilots, and the recent AA buffs (more of a problem if you're flying a fighter).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 3 of 12 (935 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@LordNicolas71 Ok strap yourself in mate because I'm about to take you on a plane 'fly-through' that will get you kicking chocks and slappin chops in no time

1st you want to ensure your plane sensitivity is maxed out, you'll find this in options under controls and right at the bottom. Next go over to the video settings and change your 3P POV is as high as it can go. It'll look strange to begin with but you'll get use to it and give you more area to see. In that same option scroll to the bottom and turn off the last 4 selections, things like vignette, chromatic, etc as this will give a more flat profile and make seeing targets much easier.

Next you need to understand weak points of aircraft and how best to attack them in order to bring them down the most efficient way possible. Below I've gone through each aircraft type, do get your snacky snacks because it's going to be a long read.

Bombers/Mosquitos

When going after bombers, you want to target the engine on the inside of whatever turn they're making (if they're going left, shoot the left).

This will cause he plane to dip in that direction and the pilot will have to try leveling it out, most of the time, they'll over compensate and so the plane becomes a rickety pinata for you to take good shots on the other engine.

The other reason to do this is because if they're in the gunner seat, the radical dip in the plane will force them into the pilot seat and thus removes the gun fire on you.

The engines immediately net you a sweet 45 damage as not only do you get vehicle disable points but also engine disable specific points pluss all the damage it took before you disabled it....this could net you on 1 engine a sweet sweet 80+ damage to the bomber.

Secondary weak spots which are not as effective unless they are close to the ground, mountains, etc is the wings, elevator and rudder. The reason I say not as effective is you have to remember the Blenheim, Ju88 and Mosquitos are lumbering beasts that cant maneuver well anyway, so while disabling wings, rudder, etc might get you some points, it wont have that devastating destructive damage that taking out an engine will. If you get an Engine quick enough, you can drop a bomber faster than they can bail out, something you can't do with wings alone.

Also on a side note, a mosquito running the upgraded engines has a constant speed faster than a G6 using NoS, taking out the engines is a must in order to keep the Mosquito from making a break for the repair station and keeping away from you.

Stukas

Unlike the bigger bombers, you'll want to take out the Stuka's elevator as a priority, while you may not get the high damage points you'd get off an engine, the engine being at the front will be harder to hit.

By taking out the elevator you just made the Stuka struggle to do the one thing it can do well...climb! By taking away the ability for the stuka to climb effectively, you've now put yourself in the advantages position of avoiding the Stuka from angling vertical and being able to light you up with the rear guns. As long as you stay under the aircraft at a steep angle, it wont be able to hit you and you have free reign to unleash hell on the undercarriage.

Wings would be second priority as to not allow the stuka to turn sideways to rear gun you but keep in mind, damaged wings can cause a Stuka to involuntarily lose control and plummet, which will make you lose the kill.

Fighters

WINGS! WINGS! WINGS!.....did I mention wings? Yes wings are going to be your greatest ally and most hated enemy, as you'll love shooting them but hate them being shot off you.

Without wings a fighter can become almost as bad as being dead in the water, it'll lose the ability to keep someone lined up effectively, it's turning will become as cumbersome as trying to U-turn a bus in a 1-way lane during peak hour traffic and it's speed will drop faster than Bill Cosby's book deal.

If you want a sure fire way to ruin a fighters day and take them out of the equations, go for the wings! Elevators and rudder don't even come close to the ball park in effectiveness compared to the wings.

Just as an FYI to anyone running the radar on the VA....you need to lose it and get wing armor, that 40% extra protection WILL mean the difference in winning and losing, as apposed to the radar which will make you fly predictably and so any good pilot will be able to counter it. Stop using the radar as a crutch and invest in your 2 ears to hear where the enemy is and what they're doing with their engine

I hope this has given you a bit more insight into the weak points of aircraft and how best to utilize this knowledge more effectively when combating different classes of aircraft.

Best thing you can do is just keep practicing, keep going up any chance you can and don't let other pilots score get you down. Focus on how much better you are compared to yesterday and strive to be the pilot you'll be tomorrow Standard smile
Message 4 of 12 (887 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Real_Noobalishus God damn I think I've just learned something new too thanks heaps!
Message 5 of 12 (860 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Huskii96 what can I say, I do 'AIM' to please haha. Glad I could help you out mate Standard smile if you're on PS4, try hitting up JiveTurkey or Dippo on Twitch and tell him Noob sent you. He's a good mate of mine that flies on PS4, he'll be able to actually help you in game with dogfight practice etc Standard smile
Message 6 of 12 (836 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey there @ElliotLH  Thank you so much for your comments and the advices , because I’m not that expert what does FOV means ?  

Message 7 of 12 (788 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Real_Noobalishus You really helped me I’m going to try everything in this weekend , thank you for your time and your advices I have no words !
Message 8 of 12 (787 Views)

Hero
@LordNicolas71 No worries bud. It's Field of View.

It might help you out a bit if someone is tailing you.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator
Message 9 of 12 (759 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@EA_Blueberry @EA_Arcadia @EA_Kuba @AHQ_Official @EA_Cath @EA_Groguet @EA_Lanna @EA_Spectre @EA_Kent @EA_Cade @EA_rephii @EA_Aljo @EA_Antonio @EA_Jason @EA_Atic

Wow...I am blown away, this has to be my most XP'd comment. Thank you so much, I'm glad you all felt this info was worth all that Standard smile
Message 10 of 12 (634 Views)