Re: How can EA Allow this ?

by KeepersWay

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@KeepersWay wrote:

@xpl0its wrote:

@KeepersWay 

How many years of gaming have you done on the PC?

Honestly, you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Gaming Development.

Honestly you don't even know what you are talking about when it comes to even Software.

There is no such thing as Perfect in the world of computing, all software has bugs at some level or another, it's just a fact of life in Computer Technology.

So if you think Apex is really bad, guess again, you haven't even seen what's out there....

Stop your crying, if you don't like Apex, no one twisted your arms!

Go play 'Ring of Elysium' and then tell us what you think of that game compared to Apex? LOL Wink

There is no excuse to not releasing hot fixes to bugs. The Pathfinder hitbox and gilbaltra and caustic bug is still in game for months already and not fix. You are an idiot if you think this is acceptable. This is not an indie game. Stuff should have been fixed already. You have no idea what you are talking about you probably have never coded in your life hotfix the gilbaltra and caustic issue would take less than an hour since it's more than likely 1-2 lines of code that need edit.  So STFU.

Yeah.. no.. if you actually think that those fixes are one hours worth of work you're absolutely out of your mind.

The fact of the matter is that coding a digital alarm clock would make you quit once you realize it's much harder than you think. and complex computer coding is a whole other league.

"There is no excuse to not releasing hotfixes to bugs"

See that there, that's where you lost all credibility on this forum, bugs need to be able to be recreated reliably before it can even be figured out why they happen in the first place.

Then comes the problem is changing code without unintentional consequences to the rest of the software, what likely happens in that a whole series of changes need to be made to make it happen, each step along the way needs to be deciphered and troubleshot again, and again, and again, and again.

This is a LOT of work and a LOT longer than an hour.

Message 41 of 63 (748 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@KeepersWay wrote:

@xpl0its wrote:

@KeepersWay 

How many years of gaming have you done on the PC?

Honestly, you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Gaming Development.

Honestly you don't even know what you are talking about when it comes to even Software.

There is no such thing as Perfect in the world of computing, all software has bugs at some level or another, it's just a fact of life in Computer Technology.

So if you think Apex is really bad, guess again, you haven't even seen what's out there....

Stop your crying, if you don't like Apex, no one twisted your arms!

Go play 'Ring of Elysium' and then tell us what you think of that game compared to Apex? LOL Wink

There is no excuse to not releasing hot fixes to bugs. The Pathfinder hitbox and gilbaltra and caustic bug is still in game for months already and not fix. You are an idiot if you think this is acceptable. This is not an indie game. Stuff should have been fixed already. You have no idea what you are talking about you probably have never coded in your life hotfix the gilbaltra and caustic issue would take less than an hour since it's more than likely 1-2 lines of code that need edit.  So STFU.

Yeah.. no.. if you actually think that those fixes are one hours worth of work you're absolutely out of your mind.

The fact of the matter is that coding a digital alarm clock would make you quit once you realize it's much harder than you think. and complex computer coding is a whole other league.

"There is no excuse to not releasing hotfixes to bugs"

See that there, that's where you lost all credibility on this forum, bugs need to be able to be recreated reliably before it can even be figured out why they happen in the first place.

Then comes the problem is changing code without unintentional consequences to the rest of the software, what likely happens in that a whole series of changes need to be made to make it happen, each step along the way needs to be deciphered and troubleshot again, and again, and again, and again.

This is a LOT of work and a LOT longer than an hour.

Hard to replicate a bug that occurred 100 percent of the time as Gil and Caustic got hurt through the shield, and easy to debug cause it was introduced with the new skill nice try. You don't know what you are talking about in terms of coding or what the issue was. Another failed attempt at defending Respawns irresponsibility.

Honestly the people that think coding is hard are people.that Don't know a single thing about coding in the first place. 

Message 42 of 63 (744 Views)

★★★ Expert

6MB is literally hundreds of thousands of lines of code.

You're so unbelievably dumb it's mind boggling.

Message 43 of 63 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

The patch added sounds when you revive team mates ( there is a meter ticking noise added on the revive gauge), those took the bulk size of the patch not the coding. Again nice try.

I examined the patch on PC myself. Not much was added by coding if at all. If you don't know what you are talking about stay off this discussion. Respawn needs to up their game.

Message 44 of 63 (733 Views)

★★★ Expert

@KeepersWay wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

The patch added sounds when you revive team mates ( there is a meter ticking noise added on the revive gauge), those took the bulk size of the patch not the coding. Again nice try.

I examined the patch on PC myself. Not much was added by coding if at all. If you don't know what you are talking about stay off this discussion. Respawn needs to up their game.

You realize an audio file is an enormous volume of code right?

Of course you don't because you're petulant and presumptuous teenager, approximately 15 years of age, who thinks he can fake a veneer of legitimacy in an online forum, but repeatedly betrays his own facade by showcasing his astounding lack of understanding about computer technology.

Message 45 of 63 (716 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@KeepersWay wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

You realize an audio file is an enormous volume of code right?

Of course you don't because you're petulant and presumptuous teenager, approximately 15 years of age, who thinks he can fake a veneer of legitimacy in an online forum, but repeatedly betrays his own facade by showcasing his astounding lack of understanding about computer technology.

Audio file and code. I'm done with this conversation. You are the one arguing without any knowledge of the situation.

Message 46 of 63 (711 Views)

★★★ Expert

@KeepersWay wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

I'm a sound engineer by profession and my older brother is a coder by profession.

Allow me to assure you that the sound file for the revive gauge is not even 1 MB, 6MB is enough for a 4 minute song of multi threaded complex songs bounced in 240kbps 

You're so ignorant, this patch introduced a variety of audio fixes.

Message 47 of 63 (692 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

@KeepersWay wrote:

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

I'm a sound engineer by profession and my older brother is a coder by profession.

Allow me to assure you that the sound file for the revive gauge is not even 1 MB, 6MB is enough for a 4 minute song of multi threaded complex songs bounced in 240kbps 

You're so ignorant, this patch introduced a variety of audio fixes.

Congratulations, as I said the patch size is mostly due to the sound file that was included, and none of this conversation is about the Audio fixes. this whole thread is about bugs and Respawns lack of priority. The sound file is not coding and no coder would consider a sound file code. My last reply to you. You can continue talking to yourself.

Message 48 of 63 (684 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Silz616 you are on point with your comment! The decline in quality of new games is really high. I don't buy anything from Ubisoft or EA. With other releases i wait for release and reviews as well. Because in most cases... the game is broken from the get go, and it takes a year for them to fix it.

This game is free, so i tried it out and really liked it. Alltough i have gotten tired of it. Once you max out, there is nothing keeping you here. No incentive to keep playing (except for the fun part). But me and most of my friends have moved on from Apex.

Apex really need some refreshment, like a competitive scene. I know Respawn wasn't ready for the attention it got. But they really need to upscale to be able to compete with modern games. They have no seasonal events, no extra events, nothing special. Just the regular Battle Royal grind. I do not expect Respawn to be able to fix stuff within 24 hours. But they need to actually talk to us, and maybe do something more then 1 gun, 1 skin every season.
Message 49 of 63 (678 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Balzano wrote:
@Silz616you are on point with your comment! The decline in quality of new games is really high. I don't buy anything from Ubisoft or EA. With other releases i wait for release and reviews as well. Because in most cases... the game is broken from the get go, and it takes a year for them to fix it.

This game is free, so i tried it out and really liked it. Alltough i have gotten tired of it. Once you max out, there is nothing keeping you here. No incentive to keep playing (except for the fun part). But me and most of my friends have moved on from Apex.

Apex really need some refreshment, like a competitive scene. I know Respawn wasn't ready for the attention it got. But they really need to upscale to be able to compete with modern games. They have no seasonal events, no extra events, nothing special. Just the regular Battle Royal grind. I do not expect Respawn to be able to fix stuff within 24 hours. But they need to actually talk to us, and maybe do something more then 1 gun, 1 skin every season.

Exactly my point. The way respawn carries themselves around this game is unacceptable. 

Message 50 of 63 (664 Views)