Re: How can EA Allow this ?

by KeepersWay

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@KeepersWay 

You mean epic the people that made fortnite right 

the same epic that left a game breaking bug in fortnite for like a month and a half that wouldn’t let you play in a party yeah they use to be great 

I just wish people like you could remember far enough back to the beginning of fortnite you know before it made over a billion dollars 

but yeah lets compare the two games totally the same thing I bet in your eyes the apex team has a bigger budget than fortnite to right 

Message 31 of 63 (548 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@neillkorey wrote:

@KeepersWay 

You mean epic the people that made fortnite right 

the same epic that left a game breaking bug in fortnite for like a month and a half that wouldn’t let you play in a party yeah they use to be great 

I just wish people like you could remember far enough back to the beginning of fortnite you know before it made over a billion dollars 

but yeah lets compare the two games totally the same thing I bet in your eyes the apex team has a bigger budget than fortnite to right 

The party bug was not a game breaking bug. Good try though.

Message 32 of 63 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@xpl0its 

Arma, please look into this long google search I'll post right here: https://www.google.com/search?q=eye+of+the+beholder&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS849US849&oq=eye+of+the+beholder&...

Is that proper forum etiquette? instead of posting a specific link Large smile

But seriously, just because you're happy (for whatever reason) there's not many updates and not enough action against cheaters doesn't mean everyone else is going to be. A game forum is generally a collection of ideas, reports, etc. It largely depends on the state of the game.

Message 33 of 63 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@KeepersWay 

How is not being able to play with friends not game breaking you know how ridiculous that sounds about an online game 

but not being able to use 2 characters that nobody used before patch is game breaking when you have 7 others to choice from 

Your opinion on what is game breaking and what is no big deal I just don’t agree with but it’s all good to each there own 

Message 34 of 63 (503 Views)

★ Guide

@KeepersWay wrote:

Believe me I've already moved on my game pass is maxed and there is nothing left for me to do in this buggy mess you are the reason developers don't try their hardest saving face for them with nothing in return. Good luck in life continue white knighting maybe it will get your somewhere :eahigh_file:

ROFL.  "My game pass is maxed".  So in other words, in this season alone you have played in the neighborhood of 150-200 hours.  Or in other words 3~ hours per day every single day since it came out, and that's not counting how much you played after maxing out. 

Man, what a horrible mess this game must be. It's so bad that you spent 3 hours plus a day for 2 months playing it nonstop.  Lol, get real. 

The PC players can argue about the cheaters killing the game, and I get that.  But bug fixes, really?  None of the stuff you mentioned is even a major issue, especially looking at the problems in other FPS games.  Like the other guy said ,you must not have played many games.   I can't recall a single time one of the things you mentioned actually effected the outcome of one of my matches.  

And if they want to take their time on content, but it means quality content with good maps, characters who are unique and viable, and balanced guns then fine.  You want rushed out content that breaks the game and unbalanced weapons that are either useless or godlike go play battlefield.  

Message 35 of 63 (497 Views)

★ Guide

@KeepersWay wrote:

@xpl0its wrote:

@KeepersWay 

How many years of gaming have you done on the PC?

Honestly, you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to Gaming Development.

Honestly you don't even know what you are talking about when it comes to even Software.

There is no such thing as Perfect in the world of computing, all software has bugs at some level or another, it's just a fact of life in Computer Technology.

So if you think Apex is really bad, guess again, you haven't even seen what's out there....

Stop your crying, if you don't like Apex, no one twisted your arms!

Go play 'Ring of Elysium' and then tell us what you think of that game compared to Apex? LOL Wink

There is no excuse to not releasing hot fixes to bugs. The Pathfinder hitbox and gilbaltra and caustic bug is still in game for months already and not fix. You are an idiot if you think this is acceptable. This is not an indie game. Stuff should have been fixed already. You have no idea what you are talking about you probably have never coded in your life hotfix the gilbaltra and caustic issue would take less than an hour since it's more than likely 1-2 lines of code that need edit.  So STFU.

You just proved his point.Hot fixes that are not properly vetted and tested can introduce more bugs than your trying to fix. i.e. the Gil, Caustic bugs. Proper testing takes time, lots of time and in a development testing evironment you never expose all the bugs, it take real world usage to to that. You'd be surprised at how much business software is out there that is riddled with bugs. My comany was using a finance system that has been out for 20 years, updated regularly, when we implemented the Purchase Order system it was so buggy it was unusable. The developer said, "Well most of our customer don't use it" That is the level of software development in the world today. I think the gaming industry does a pretty good job, mostly because they have an active customer base who actively report bugs. Tracking down bugs is hard work and not always obvious. It is even harder when an obvious fix (obvious to the developer at the time) introduces unforseen problems that are now even harder to find.

If you think 1-2 lines of code is all that is involved in a complex hit detection that probably incorporates some complex physics calculations then you sir, are completely clueless!

Message 36 of 63 (475 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The damage penetration of the shield to hit the regular HP has nothing to do with hit detection. Try again next time though.

Message 37 of 63 (470 Views)

★ Guide

@KeepersWay , fine wrong terminology but the point still holds.I seriously doubt that this is only "1 or 2" lines of code. 

Message 38 of 63 (467 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It obviously was, which is why the patch we got today was 6 mb and it fixed it. There is probably one person Working in this game it's obvious the rest are working in star wars.

Message 39 of 63 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@7cyanide 

I know how forums work, I am talking about people working together for a common interest to improve not tear down.

Being Constructive and helpful is one thing, crying and trolling on the forum is another, is that so complicated to understand?

@ClifraJones 

Calling people names and telling them to Shut the F up shows your level of maturity, which isn't much, and you spouting crap about Code and complexities also shows you don't know what you are talking about.

If you actually care to listen and learn something instead of acting like a Child I will explain it to you, because I know how the industry works.

P.S If you actually spend some time researching and doing something constructive, rather then crying like a child on a forum you would of read a few days ago, and I don't mean the post on the forum, that a patch is coming out.

Message 40 of 63 (449 Views)