Re: How are you suppose to Rank up solo? This is a bad joke lol

by WreckingVi

Original Post

How are you suppose to Rank up solo? This is a bad joke lol

★★★ Pro

Respawn is only catering to Streamers on massive notes, this whole ranked changes is the biggest example. 

Message 1 of 14 (652 Views)

★★★ Expert

I said this in another post but the new system hasn't changed that you advance by often ignoring your team mates.  This is not to say it can't be done, there are people here who pug and play with team mates and advance.  I can't speak to that because I've done it now a lot playing just by my lonesome.

Place high, get kills.  It's still going to take longer though with the RP cost tho.

Message 2 of 14 (631 Views)

★ Expert
@WreckingVi I mean that summary is mediocre at best, just saying.
Message 3 of 14 (618 Views)

Champion
@WreckingVi Personally, I'm not really expecting to rank up much, if any, when I barely get out of the bottom 1/4 of the lobby, and finish with 1 kill and 1 assist.

I'm not mad at the ranked changes, personally. In my opinion, it kind of forces me to be a more well-rounded player. My kills aren't really worth much unless I start working my way up through placement (top half), which I feel is more how a BR ranking system should work. Kills don't really mean anything in a BR, on their own. A 20-bomb 2nd place finish is still a loss. They absolutely DO matter if you win/place well, and I feel like the new changes better reflect that. People used to be able to rank up by just dropping hot, getting some kills and dying, while still moving up solely from KP (no placement). That seems a little counterproductive to me, in a game where the ultimate objective is to be the last squad standing. The new system tries to better combine the skill of getting kills, with the other skills that are important in a BR to get placement/wins (drop location, loot prioritization, fight choice, rotation path/timing etc), with a heavy emphasis on placement (since it is the ultimate goal)

My main complaint so far (only 2 days in, so I may eventually have more complaints), is that the entry costs for the low tiers could be a little lower.

Opinions will obviously differ, but that's just my two cents, after the first two days

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 4 of 14 (600 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Gabrielmojo26 what does that even mean? Point of Summary is +2 KP because we got eliminated at 14 place. We got 4th partied. I downed 3 ppl, but couldn't finish them off. Now add this context to the point, that you can get high placement each match and this KP n later on RP cost won't help you at all.
Message 5 of 14 (584 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@WreckingViIn convinced streamers are put into bot lobbies. The cannon fodder they're matched up against game after game is insane.

Message 6 of 14 (550 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Unless the streamer is live, isn't possible you are seeing the best cuts?

Currently I don't do ranked matches, I have no proof either way.  Something would have been said on a live stream, and leaked by a viewer by now.  So far, UFO conspiracies have more substance.  

Message 7 of 14 (532 Views)

@WreckingVi 

Your title "How are you suppose to Rank up solo? This is a bad joke lol"

Answer: Stop hot dropping and pushing everything you see, Play with your team, secure early kills (KP), and play for 10th or better place. If you are in 12th place why risk an iffy push where you might get thrided and end up 11th with minus points. 

I think I mentioned this in other threads, game sense and kills and team play are where it is at know and where it should have been all along. After all this is supposed to be a team based game so play with the team you are given to the best of your and their abilities. 

However I do believe that EA went a little to heavy handed on entry cost's, they should be lower along with the tier and rank thresholds. 

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 8 of 14 (481 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Asmodeus566 Looking at ShivFps, issue is not how you play it. System is just designed for stacked higher ranked players, specially top streamers as we know.
Message 9 of 14 (405 Views)

★ Expert

@Asmodeus566 Yeahh well try that with random teammates, i'm sure they'll listen your calls Standard smile.

Message 10 of 14 (382 Views)