How are people shooting through level 3 knockdown shield with less than a clip?

by unferth

Original Post

How are people shooting through level 3 knockdown shield with less than a clip?

★★ Guide

Purple knockdown shield, first time knocked, enemy shooting directly at me from the front with shield up, less than a full clip of R-99 and he chewed threw it and killed me. 

This has been happening for a long time now.  Somehow people are shooting through blue and purple knock down shields doing only a fraction of the damage the shield can take. 

Message 1 of 6 (4,095 Views)

Re: How are people shooting through level 3 knockdown shield with less than a cl

★★★ Expert

This has been addressed many times.

The shield doesn't fully cover your hitbox (even for wraith) and people still hit your body where it's still exposed around the rim of the shield.

They're not depleting the shield, they're hitting you directly.

Message 2 of 6 (4,044 Views)

Re: How are people shooting through level 3 knockdown shield with less than a cl

★ Pro
I will only pick up purple or legendary shield, I think they are a waste of time unless its really the legendary of course. If I kill some one. If I know I got time I will always finish you off because I don't want you get revived if I can help it
Message 3 of 6 (4,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

All you have to do is walk around the shield and shoot the legs. Shield only covers the front, it's good for protection at a distance but up close it's useless.

Message 4 of 6 (4,000 Views)

Anonymous
If they circle around you they can shoot where your body is exposed. Unfortunately because of lag you can't cover yourself with the shield even if you turn around and follow the enemy 100%.
Message 5 of 6 (3,992 Views)

★★ Novice

Literally just finished a duos in season 6, got knocked and then one-tapped with a lvl2 knockdown deployed, at decent range(maybe 15m) by a volt, through the face of the shield...you cant tell me something isnt broken there. The other player was also lvl 9, definitely a smurf although ive been playing since season 2 and I cant even recall a time where there was a legitimate "Hacker" in the game. Im just confused as to how I got one-tapped by an smg from my perspective, through the face of the shield. Also im on PS, so hacking should be even more rare.

Message 6 of 6 (2,849 Views)