How are people able to hack in 2019?

by DAYUMshecanFART

Original Post

How are people able to hack in 2019?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just went off against a guy with 2k+ kills. No biggie, nothing unusual with the kills. Lucky me, because I landed one landing zone over from him! The guy wipes out my entire squad (my two random mates were pretty good btw) with wingman from a range that was more superhuman mathematics trajectory than actual aim. I watched the guy and he snapped into walls, followed targets directly through them perfectly on their heads and he KNEW I was watching and didn't care to at least try and make it look like authentic aim. This guy had 2k+ kills. That has to be months of progress or just days given how much he's blatantly hacking.

Honestly, why does this game have less defense than maplestory did in 2005? I would make monsters fly and destroy noobs on their way to their destination and I'd be banned from the first report within 10 minutes. This guy is clearly hacking, doesn't care and he clearly doesn't have any worries about being banned considering he knows I was watching him the entire time. This is so discouraging because I can't tell who is good and who is actually hacking against me.

I really enjoy this game, but I'm going to take a break and hopefully come back to a new hacking detection system or something by then. Please fix it, because this is a great game and I'd hate to see it be plagued by hackers like so many other FPS games were.

Message 1 of 13 (389 Views)

Re: How are people able to hack in 2019?

★★ Pro
@DAYUMshecanFART if they improve, i'll let you know, in a year.
Message 2 of 13 (375 Views)

★ Guide

Its a PC specific problem, PC most likely has the smallest userbase out of all the platforms.

Guess it wouldnt be money well spent in the eyes of EA.

Remember Respawn is trying to churn out a few games at the moment and are most likely already spread thin.

Message 3 of 13 (370 Views)

Let's call them cheaters instead of hackers. They just install some software without knowing anything about it. 

Countering cheaters is not a 1-time-job. You cannot just 'build a defense' and leave it like that. The hackers (people that make the actual hacks) improve their code as well. Respawn tries to beat them by implementing smart systems that can detect changes to the game and actually do that pretty good. Lot's of them have been banned.

Can Respawns system be improved? Yes of course, and they are doing so. But this is not a 1-week task, they have to keep actively countering the hackers to be effective. It is frustrating to lose a game to hackers and I think that given 'loss forgiveness' retroactively if you lose to a hacker would be nice.

Just something that was on my mind:

The real problem with cheaters in this game is the price. With the game being free, it is much easier to set up a different PC/system with new account and go on cheating again. Instead, if there is a small price to the game (like 5 euros/dollars whatever) then that functions as a 'shield' to hackers. This is of course just speculation on my part (and probably will not happen), but is a potential solution to this. 

Message 4 of 13 (350 Views)

★★ Pro
@DYSPROssium With things like counterstrike the paywall didn't make a huge difference by my recollection.

What would be good would be the implementation of BOTH options that people consistently talk about. A small paywall AND the requirement of level 100 to join ranked.

Players could join ranked then with some degree of confidence that they're meeting fewer cheaters.
Message 5 of 13 (347 Views)

Maybe level 100 is a bit exaggerated. I would prefer level 40 or 50 or something similar. That would give time enough to deal with most of the (blatant) cheaters.

As for the paywall, I've seen the opposite effect in Star Wars Battlefront 2015. The price of that game at launch was about 60,- and after a year it dropped to 5,- or something similar. Cheaters became more and more present when below 10,- (and actually still run free through the game...)

Apex being a free battle royale just inherently means that the anti-cheat needs to be very good. I am curious to see what would happen if you ask a small fee for playing, but that is most certainly not going to happen.

Message 6 of 13 (341 Views)

★ Guide
@Anlbrd $6 paywall isnt going to deter much.

Specially when theres a RMT economy built in.
Message 7 of 13 (338 Views)

★★ Pro

If it deters the kids who have to ask for 6 dollars every time they get banned, it's enough to make it worth my time to pay 6 bucks if Apex is still going when I can put another PC together.  6 dollars is nothing to pay once but for someone to pay it everytime they get banned it makes the cheating exponentially more expensive.  It becomes more of a deterrent the more banwaves happen.

Message 8 of 13 (332 Views)

★ Guide

Pc version is a bit of a joke, I think ive seen more cheaters today then i did the entire first month before i quit. And im only in Gold. Then hearing shrouds roommate describe plat as full of cheaters grinding to get predator...lol i dunno what to say.

I get that its the weekend but...smh.

Time to find  a new shooter.

Message 9 of 13 (331 Views)

★★ Pro

Or an xbox Standard smile  It's great fun without the uniquely PC problems listed on here.

Message 10 of 13 (314 Views)