How are one shots fun?

by LethalGorilla

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How are one shots fun?

★★★★ Novice

I was playing as super brains and hit my jump ability as soon as I heard a chomper. Still ate me. 

I want to love this game but I can not stand doing exactly the right thing to counter something, IE, jumping onto a building, and still being one shot. It just not fun. 

Message 1 of 15 (769 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How are one shots fun?

★★★★ Guide

I'll tell you about something...

Not all folks you play with have latency lower than 100 ms to the servers. Some players choose different servers due to it being late in their time zones, so they have to switch servers manually since no one is playing in their local servers. This results in issues with abilities not being as responsive as intended. Most games these days "favor the shooter". If that player had hit you in their screens, you will most likely die. The server in your case decided that you have been swallowed by the chomper and your jump registered after he did it. 

Sadly, this will never be fixed since we live in a world where latency will always be a problem. Even if you have the best connection in the world, other players with higher latency might ruin it for you. But of course, I don't blame them... The players aren't to be blamed here... People have crappy connections mostly because of reasons out of their hands...

They can, however, try to improve the netcode and their servers.

All what you can do is, try to do things before they actually happen... What I mean is, if the Chomper is 3 ~ 4 steps away, then use your evade ability earlier than that.

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (736 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

If you play Super Brainz you void your right to complain about one shotting.

Message 2 of 15 (756 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay fair enough, but at least I have to aim? Like come on 

Message 3 of 15 (752 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Not all folks you play with have latency lower than 100 ms to the servers. Some players choose different servers due to it being late in their time zones, so they have to switch servers manually since no one is playing in their local servers. This results in issues with abilities not being as responsive as intended. Most games these days "favor the shooter". If that player had hit you in their screens, you will most likely die. The server in your case decided that you have been swallowed by the chomper and your jump registered after he did it. 

Sadly, this will never be fixed since we live in a world where latency will always be a problem. Even if you have the best connection in the world, other players with higher latency might ruin it for you. But of course, I don't blame them... The players aren't to be blamed here... People have crappy connections mostly because of reasons out of their hands...

All what you can do is, try to do things before they actually happen... What I mean is, if the Chomper is 3 ~ 4 steps away, then use your evade ability earlier than that.

Message 4 of 15 (737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks! I didn't think of that at all. Was just mad. 

Message 5 of 15 (734 Views)

★★★ Guide

Try chomping a running zombie from below, then talk to me about aiming Wink

Seriously though, there are multiple characters in the game who can one shot or deal devastating damage with a single hit, and it's always annoying to be on the receiving end of. *shakes fist at Captain Deadbeard and his infuriating Spyglass Shot*

Message 6 of 15 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@LethalGorilla oh it figures why you just commented on the chomper post. Ahahahahha that's a joke..you were playing super brains?? Someone who one shots other people?WOOOOOW.  Yeah I dont wana hear it. Super brains one shots and 2 shots other people..have you not realized how strong he is???? You have absolutely no right to complain.  Btw super brains is getting a nerf  so have fun.

Message 7 of 15 (709 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

One time i was playing as soldier. I was being chased by a burrowing duder. I rocket jumped out of the way just as he went beneath me, and landed 7-8 feet away. Chomper teleports to my position, does the eating snimation, and then teleports back to where he was.

Oof, i said.

Message 8 of 15 (643 Views)

★★★ Guide
@KlutchxKing518 This was the Twilight Chomper in GW2 I assume, with the Twilight Warp? Those Twilight Chompers can catch you off guard for sure!
Message 9 of 15 (634 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@GammaX6 wrote:

I am experiencing this quite a lot. And wonder how often you just don't notice because of the slow TTK.

But they can actually do something about it. Put a ceiling on lag compensation (say 75 ping). And warn any users who go over to shoot ahead of there target (even more). See Battlefield. Note: this assumes the delays are because of that and not something else in the code.

Message 10 of 15 (622 Views)