How about 2 votes and kick the 3rd teammate, and a chat mute option?

by RJ_Imbobby2

Original Post

How about 2 votes and kick the 3rd teammate, and a chat mute option?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have teamed up with players single handedly taken out entire opponent squads using just pistol. He locks on and aims at the directions where have nothing and can hear nothing but few seconds later we see the enemy. He would very passionately warn us every time when the enemy is close from behind, or don't go in some doors. Me and my other teammate end up won a game of looting and running.

so...how about 2 votes and kick the 3rd teammate out of the team so we can accidentally misfire and execute Wink Will it improve the current gaming experience, and take out some fun for "skilled" players?

~~~

* For saving some energy arguing about good and bad players. Here is my reply you can copy and paste under your comment.
"Yes, there are extremely skilled players, and I suck Wink"

Message 1 of 8 (354 Views)

Re: How about 2 votes and kick the 3rd teammate, and a chat mute option?

★★★ Guide

The direct flaw that i see in that system would be two friends teaming up, to vote a random out and killing them for "funsies" or something like that.

If he in fact was cheating, take the extra time to report him for it and hope that your good judgement saves others from him in the future.

Message 2 of 8 (343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, that is the solution we have been using so far, and it's not working and it never will, agreed? 

Not a big fan of hoping...

Instead we need some creative real-time solutions to take out the fun for cheaters. That's the only way. No one will keep playing when there is no fun including cheaters. 

Adding to the suggestion - add a report option in game, if the kick option is misused by other 2 teammates, the one got kicked can report it. I bet cheaters will not click on that button.

Message 3 of 8 (329 Views)

★★★ Guide

Or maybe just implement a ingame report option and skip the kick option. Because the kick option can get missused in so many ways. I'll write an example.

* One guy picks up a weapon that the premade team of 2 wants, they vote and kick him, kill him and take the gun.

* The single guy is "annoying" and pings a lot for example. Could be that he wants to show items, or just a kid wanting attention. The premade kicks, kills and takes his stuff.

* A rookie joins a squad of randoms. Where 2 people are experienced. He is slow, gets voted out, killed and looted.

There is simply no way a voting option can be implemented without being heavily abused. The risk factor is too high. And since the risk is higher then the reward, it will never see itself implemented.

But ingame report options though. I'm wondering why it didn't exist from the start. Giving so much room for cheaters since people rather play another game then take the time to report the cheater.

Message 4 of 8 (323 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Good examples, thanks for taking the time considering the suggestion.

Exactly! Why there isn't already a in-game report option. I guess there is just not enough man power on the anti-cheat department, cuz a lot of players will click on it multiple times in a day.

However, even gets banned, cheaters will just create a new account. Kicking might not be a 360 degree solution but still think the only way to stop cheaters is when they feel no fun in cheating.

Message 5 of 8 (307 Views)

★★★ Guide

If someone is caught cheating upon multiple occassions EA could enforce IP bans, wich as simple to work around. Or they could issue a bann on your hardware, network card (MAC Adress). I really don't know how far they can go when it comes to a bann and what they can bann except for that. Since i don't cheat myself. :P But there are ways to stop cheaters from ever getting near your game again.

Message 6 of 8 (294 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That would be a terrible idea, a lot of the time they pair you with a group of 2 people who just want to 2-man. You would get instantly votebooted when the game starts. WoW had that problem when they implemented the votekick system, guild grp of 3s would just boot random players they didnt like.

Message 7 of 8 (259 Views)

★ Pro

And what if I don't like the other 2 teammates? Can I kick them both instead? Why should they ruin my gaming experience by kicking me?

If you don't like your teammate, don't play with him or leave the game - you already have options at your own loss. There should never be ways to enforce loss (of time, game progress, etc) upon other teammates. Especially considering this game doesn't even have friendly fire.

And for suspected cheating teammates - report them and leave the game.

Also I don't get the comment about mute chat option. There already are options to mute chat, pings and voice chat of your teammates - go to inventory, switch to squad tab and you can see those options at the bottom.

Message 8 of 8 (250 Views)