Re: How-To: Report MEAndromeda cheater (all platforms)

by iKillOrDieTryN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How-To: Report MEAndromeda cheater (all platforms)

★★★★ Novice

Please detail the process to report a cheater in Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer for each platform, so that the information can be disseminated elsewhere (such as the Mass Effect Multiplayer Community group on Facebook).

Thanks!

Message 1 of 14 (1,344 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 2 of 14 (1,394 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 14 (1,395 Views)

★ Guide

@Kaiyalai wrote:

Please detail the process to report a cheater in Mass Effect Andromeda multiplayer for each platform, so that the information can be disseminated elsewhere (such as the Mass Effect Multiplayer Community group on Facebook).

Thanks!

you can cheat? and if you can does it really matter given you're playing vs AI and not real people? unless it hurts you i don't see the point in being stuck up about this kind of stuff. lol. you have way to much time on your hands.

Message 3 of 14 (1,312 Views)

★★ Guide

This is pretty much the one reason why the lack of dedicated servers is always a point of criticism for any multiplayer game. Peer-to-peer is pure cost-cutting at the expense of game integrity.

As for why people cheat? Apex rating, that's why.

Message 4 of 14 (1,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iKillOrDieTryN wrote:

@Kaiyalai wrote:

Thanks!

you can cheat? and if you can does it really matter given you're playing vs AI and not real people? unless it hurts you i don't see the point in being stuck up about this kind of stuff. lol. you have way to much time on your hands.

Yes it matters. In Mass Effect 3 there were cheaters who affected the credits gain from objectives, causing all players in their team to end up with millions of credits. Many players don't want that.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 14 (1,298 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It doesn't matter if you cheat or use mods in singleplayer.

Doing so in multiplayer matters a lot.

Message 6 of 14 (1,231 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@MEGAF1UX wrote:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Hmm. I guess that works. I liked ME3's reporting system better, though. Had its own email address and everything.

Message 7 of 14 (1,229 Views)

★ Apprentice

That doesn't happen in ME:A though. Your credits are stored server side and you can't add to it by altering anything client side. Basically, if someone has infinite ammo or something else, just quit the game and join another one. 

Who cares about Apex score..really? ^_^ 

Message 8 of 14 (1,176 Views)

★ Guide

@Fred_vdp wrote:

@iKillOrDieTryN wrote:

@Kaiyalai wrote:

Thanks!

Yes it matters. In Mass Effect 3 there were cheaters who affected the credits gain from objectives, causing all players in their team to end up with millions of credits. Many players don't want that.

wow that is an awesome cheat. i wouldn't do it but i wouldn't care if someone did it and i got the credits. the people who don't want it really need to relax. its a game you don't have to take it that seriously if it happens it happens but to go out of your way to report it seems like a waste of your time. life is way to short to be upset enough to file a complaint and to get worked up enough to make a post online about it. geez.

Message 9 of 14 (1,169 Views)

★ Apprentice
Get worked up enough to make an online post? That takes all of a couple of seconds? You make it sound like a person must be having a break down to reach such levels that they'd post a quick message. On Facebook/Twitter people post because they've just scratched their rears, I think it is a reasonable amount of 'effort' (if effort is even the right term for such a negligible action) for someone peeved with a dirty cheater.
Message 10 of 14 (1,143 Views)