Re: How To Find Players To Team Up With In Apex

by Wingmannedbro

Original Post

How To Find Players To Team Up With In Apex

★ Guide

( I play Xbox)

I am seeing where lots of players are expressing the issue they are having with Apex being a game that is built around a team of 3.  Apex currently is a 3 player game and it always has been.  This is why this is all so confusing to me.  It would be different if Apex started some other way and then changed to a team game, but that isn't the case.
I have even seen people saying "I'm going to Fortnite!"  Uhh, ok.  If you want to play solo, that might be a better choice for you.  Anyway, let's get to the topic at hand.

Apex is generally a much better game when you have a full squad of 3 than soloing.  I admit that things are generally simpler for me because I am 1 of 3 brothers, so I can often have a full squad no problem.  But sometimes we have schedule issues and I often play alone.  
I personally don't mind playing with randoms in general, but I want to give some tips to get a full squad.

Tip #1Use a mic. and talk to people.  I could probably have a full squad every time I play if I wanted because I have made friends with randoms.  Every time I get on, I probably have at least 3 other people playing Apex. I ask who has a mic and we actually communicate with each other.  I admit that i am often in a private party when I play, so if someone is talking, I might not hear it.  But guess what, I still communicate.  How? I'm glad you asked.

Tip #2- Communicate in game.  Apex os one of the only games I know of where you can communicate most of what you need to get across to your teammates without saying a word.  Apex has an excellent ping system that players rarely use.  I hate when players run off and don't say anything, or when they bypass good loot and don't ping it for others.  I don't know how many times I have had no armor and my teammate bypassed armor that they didn't ping.  I don't know how many times I have had a partner jump from the ship not mark where we are going, and then get an attitude when the teammates didn't detach.  Use the in game system.  I have made friends with people who I have never spoken to because we were good teammates.

Tip #3- Be a good teammate.  This is where I feel many streamers are hurting the game.  Several streamers are horrible teammates.  They drop away from the squad, they don't ping loot, they don't pick teammates up, they don't grab banners, and then they quit as soon as they go down, not even giving you a chance to pick them up.  if you are a good teammate, people will like playing with you.  If they like playing with you, they are more likely to be your friend and join with you in the future.

Tip #4- This might be the most important tip of all, but please don't be annoying.  There is nothing worse than playing with an annoying teammate.  Here are some of the ways you can be annoying...
1. Having a mic. with a ton of background noise.  It could be a side convo., a fan, kids fighting, whatever.  No one wants to hear that while they are trying to play.

2. Come in talking like an idiot to your teammates because you checked their stats and they aren't to your liking.

3. Stealing Loot.  Don't be the one who didn't shoot a shot, but then come in and take the Gold armor.  Nor do you want to be the one who sees someone making a decision of what to drop in order to pick something else up, then you come over and take their items.

4. Certainly don't be the idiot who dies and then constantly hits the ping button until someone brings you back.  When someone does that to me, I usually don't bring them back if they don't stop.

If you follow these tips, you will probably make enough friends so that you don't have to play alone.  I'm sure I forgot something, but you get the gist.

Message 1 of 6 (2,441 Views)

Champion

There is a LFG section on the forums too, not sure how active it actually is but it's there. Tongue out

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (2,433 Views)

★★★ Expert
@enite Even #2 and #3 are enough. I'm one of those players that doesn't use the mic, but I'm always using the ping system and often try to rescue, even if it gets me eliminated. As a result, I often received GGs and WPs from teammates, sometimes followed by invitations and even if we didn't make it very far in the initial match.
Message 3 of 6 (2,428 Views)

★★ Guide

I used to play later in the evening after the family went to bed, but my girlfriend has recently started playing WoW some nights so I have been getting on earlier and have had to find new people to play with. I had a set couple of people I would play with after 10PM, but now Im occasionally on around 8PM after the kid goes to bed and so I have been jumping in solos more. Almost every night I have acquired a team of people to play with after a few rounds with randoms. I am not that great at this game, but I communicate and don't take myself seriously so I can work well with people of all kinds. I friend request some of the ones who I enjoyed playing with and politely thank the ones I didn't really enjoy playing with and maybe we will run across each other again. I definitely come across the people with the attitude that they are amazing and everyone else is the problem and they usually die right away and leave and I do not invite them to play again. Those are the people I envision having such a hard time finding squads and crying for solos. I enjoy the social aspect of putting together a random team and working together to achieve a common goal. I can see how some people don't enjoy that. I don't see how that makes them entitled to a new game mode to cater to their inability to play the game as it was meant to be played.

Message 4 of 6 (2,409 Views)

★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe The ping system is great, and I expect them to improve it further.
Message 5 of 6 (2,344 Views)

★★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtag wrote:

There is a LFG section on the forums too, not sure how active it actually is but it's there. Tongue out

I bumped in there a couple of times, met some fine young tumbleweeds and crickets out there...

Message 6 of 6 (2,313 Views)