Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How Secure is the Game?

by Reposter

Original Post

How Secure is the Game?

★ Guide

Hi guys and devs, just wondering how Secure is Anthem? Is there any work or programming to prevent hacking and cheating?

Message 1 of 16 (315 Views)

Re: How Secure is the Game?

[ Edited ]

@Reposter wrote:

Hi guys and devs, just wondering how Secure is Anthem? Is there any work or programming to prevent hacking and cheating?

The game (thankfully) has no PVP, so I'm not convinced it's exactly a hacking & cheating magnet. Oops

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 16 (284 Views)

★ Guide

Just wondering sometimes I get disconnected from the  server, could it be someone hacking the main server?

Message 3 of 16 (279 Views)

★★ Guide

very unlikely. maybe ISP problem or anthem server issue.

as said this isnt PVP so no point in hacking and i dont think its P2P either so even harder than with say destiny. 

Message 4 of 16 (263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi.  I think the cheating here would be termed exploitation.  I would go out on the limb and say that we are being monitored for exploiting via some sort of fluid, configurable data mining app (ok how many found this spawn in Free World?)  I personally have not come across a mainstream MMO that did not have a "exploitation clause" stating something like, "if we botched or missed something and you splurge or go on a shopping spree on us, STOP NOW, as we're coming after you with the Full Arm and Power of the Game Master Law and ban you far into next-gen MMOs.

This usually amounts to gaining an advantage that is outside of the intended designed gameplay or mechanics.  There are reports of such bans, temporary or not, happening to a few Anthem players.

Message 5 of 16 (238 Views)

Champion

@Reposter wrote:

Just wondering sometimes I get disconnected from the  server, could it be someone hacking the main server?

If it were that kind of server problems we'd probably be all experiencing them.

In the past, I've encountered problems with online games due to internet exchange points along the route my ISP was using suffering from DDOS-attacks. All friends using the same ISP suffered the same problems.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 6 of 16 (232 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Reposter wrote:

Lol, there is literally nothing to gain from that in this so called game! 

Absolutely NOTHING!

Message 7 of 16 (223 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Liamt75 wrote:

very unlikely. maybe ISP problem or anthem server issue.

as said this isnt PVP so no point in hacking and i dont think its P2P either so even harder than with say destiny. 

90% anthem server issue.

For sure!

Message 8 of 16 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@frauzet wrote:

@Reposter wrote:

In the past, I've encountered problems with online games due to internet exchange points along the route my ISP was using suffering from DDOS-attacks. All friends using the same ISP suffered the same problems.

Thats just the thing, everybody is experiencing these bugs, glitches, bad servers, bad bad bad bad bad.

Message 9 of 16 (221 Views)

Champion

@KALIUMG wrote:

@frauzet wrote:

@Reposter wrote:

Thats just the thing, everybody is experiencing these bugs, glitches, bad servers, bad bad bad bad bad.

Well, I am usually not experiencing connection problems, and that's what we're talking about here.

"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 10 of 16 (207 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help