How Realistic is F122? (According to an F1 Engineer)

by Ultrasonic_77

Original Post

How Realistic is F122? (According to an F1 Engineer)

Champion

Interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VwhThyQ6V8

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 1 of 49 (1,036 Views)

Re: How Realistic is F122? (According to an F1 Engineer)

★★★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 Just saw this and was quite surprised myself.
Message 2 of 49 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Watched videos  by both Alex and the other guy.   I wasn’t surprised as I’ve said I never had issue with the handling.  My issue has always been:  and I’ve raised it in @DavidG53  Q&AWhat I believed to be the problem for me was controller is not properly optimised for the game.   Which I think this videos reinforces that.   

Message 3 of 49 (988 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 How can engineers not get brake pressure data? I'd never believe it's unavailable. Surely is not like the holy grail or something.
Message 4 of 49 (957 Views)

Champion

@Blackbird90 wrote:
@Ultrasonic_77How can engineers not get brake pressure data? I'd never believe it's unavailable. Surely is not like the holy grail or something.

Not sure but it does fit with what we get to see on the TV feed.

Message 5 of 49 (953 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Ultrasonic_77 Yeah, but we see what they allow us to see, like the engineers providing those telemetry data sheets to the drivers and all they see is on/off brakes. Can't be.
Message 6 of 49 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@ScarDuck14 Well its a very interesting video but the test is not very good.. No tyre overheating or tyre wear and even if we assume that the track grip is about right ingame compared to real life then the traction is still worse ingame than in real life because IRL they deploy much more of the ERS at lower gears than we do ingame..
Ingame its 60% of maximum ERS for all gears until like 300 kph or so which isnt the fastest, instead it would be more like 100% deployment at 2nd-4th or even 5th gear and the decrease much more, also depending on how long the straights are to not waste any power.. What im trying to say is that in those low gears the traction must withstand 64bhp more than ingame yet it seems like (at least till tyre temps hit) ingame is the same traction as IRL which would mean IRL has more traction..
Message 7 of 49 (940 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Meza994 Is this why higher gears are better in game then....different gear ratios?
Comparing gears used between the two might be helpful?
Just curious🤔
Message 8 of 49 (911 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@BadMayh3m No thats a different story entirely, thats to do with torque IMO which gets ever lower the higher the gear at quite considerable rates. Different gear ratios are a thing though as proven in the video and fairly obvious as well especially 8th gear which is set too low ingame but thats not a game changer but we need to wait what expects us in the next game, maybe it will be spot on :D
Message 9 of 49 (902 Views)

Champion

@Blackbird90 wrote:
@Ultrasonic_77Yeah, but we see what they allow us to see, like the engineers providing those telemetry data sheets to the drivers and all they see is on/off brakes. Can't be.

Not sure if you're being literal with you're 'can't be'? I personally have no reason to doubt the accuracy of what Blake said in the video.

Message 10 of 49 (896 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help