Re: How Ranked Leagues Will Work in Season 2 of Apex Legends

by NaRnIaaa

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

@Biochemikas wrote:

I would attribute most of the no-care attitude to the inability to lose points at bottom of the rank. I've noticed that gold4's and plat4's seem to be a lot more likely to just go die early. I played a lot of solo games (hide, hide, backstab, hide) while getting through gold because of that (since early fighting is really a huge detriment).

It gets better when you get out of bottom rank yourself, but you still will get a lot of bottom rank teammates if you play random. I hope the bottom rank lock does is not here to stay as it really warps the gameplay excessively. The rewards should be given based on highest rank achieved, but the rank itself should not be locked to it.

I agree. As soon as I hit high silver, players wanted to get promoted so played much better than gold bottom bracket.

It's the first season of ranked. I'm sure they will tweak the rankings and points system moving forward, once they have all the data they need. It's just becomes a bit tiresome that there are still players who don't seem to understand the game they are playing. It is not fun to, die, rinse repeat over and over. That is more boring than camping a game solo for a top finish (which I do when my team rage quit).

Hopefully when the new Cod launches, it will take some of the muppets with it and we can play a BR with BR players instead of TDM kill * lol.

Message 121 of 126 (506 Views)

Community Manager

@Silz616 wrote:

@EA_Blueberry After hitting gold myself I've noticed the need for kills. Finishing top 5 on it's own will definitely be a looong grind.

I have started noticing less caution by team mates in gold. More hot dropping and suicide drops, so even with 2-5 kills, if I don't make top 5, you're just treading water.

I'm wondering if this is due to players settling for gold rank, knowing they wont derank, so they play with less consequence and end up playing casual in ranked.

Gold (or maybe low plat) is where my skill stands me if I'm honest. I don't want to rank up above my ability and then get melted every game lol.

@Silz616 

I share the same views too. Even with the cap, there are times when I'm hungry looking for other players to get kills but need to be mindful of being third partied. There are many times when I get 1 kill and finish 7th, only to get a few points in Gold so it's going to be a long grind unless you are actively hunting down players.

But there's a risk though! You could make a quick exit and lose points because the players you are going up against are not too shabby themselves. So the 5 kill cap isn't really a problem to me because if I can just make it to the final 3 squads, I'll likely add on a couple more kills and finish with more RP.

@Silz616 like you said in your other comment too, once you get to higher leagues like Platinum and Diamond, it's all about survival at that point. You're going up against players that know how to kill so your odds of going on a crazy killstreak is dramatically reduced. If you're beating those odds, you probably below in Apex Predator then.

Blueberry.png
Message 122 of 126 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I've same frustation play rank(currently Gold-1) with random  and they're the jump master, they over confidently drop to hot zone and DIE,

now I have to bail them out, few time work but mostly don't since they're so many teams there, so we lost 2 RP Frown

Also when I see enemy, then I ping, then they directly ATTACK and DIE !  Come on Man!  

Note: So these days when I see enemy from distance, I just ignore them.

These random players are nuts, playing with them could be really frustating.

I think after I reach Platinum, I will take a break from rank, I will just chill in normal mode.

Message 123 of 126 (489 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

pleaseeeee stoppp the cheating LIKE FOR REAL i cant handle it. This game is so fun but i cant get enjoyment out of it when every game has cheaters. If this continues, im most likely driving down to EA and talking to the company about it. Because i seriously cant handle the people on the forums just pushing it aside. Yes i do live like 15 minutes from EA so i can make the drive to start ruffling some feathers.

Message 124 of 126 (370 Views)

★★★ Guide

Careful @Fiendin4kush  you may get accused of trolling by Ea Blueberry. 

They're never going to stop the cheating, even on the small scale where people are using methods to have zero recoil on their weapons, just look at streamers and how they blatantly cheat. It gets worse the higher you climb, it's so obvious that players are cheating and they did nothing to secure ranked from these type of players.

Message 125 of 126 (360 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Do you guys plan to put premade groups against premade groups? Or will they forever have an advantage over solo players? And what about players with the same ranks? it makes no sense to play with bronze players when you're plat (or any other rank)

Message 126 of 126 (263 Views)