Re: How Ranked Leagues Will Work in Season 2 of Apex Legends

by Anlbrd

Original Post

★★ Pro

@Anlbrd wrote:
@asukojoIt's nice in theory man - but even the most paranoid player isn't checking under every building and behind every boulder. If someone is dead set on camping all they have to do is play pathfinder and grapple into a tree and stay still. Plenty of players were happy to do it - look at all the elite streak badges.

We'll just have to see how good/bad it is when the dust settles.

Pleased to say that I was totally wrong in my pessimism before ranked started.  I've not seen anyone camping in the same way as they were doing for the elite streak.  People are just playing.  I can only speak for what I've seen which is xbox OCE, and before I had guests arrive with us I was playing a little bit ahead of the curved in ranked so I don't know what the situation is behind me - but so far so good. 

Message 111 of 126 (787 Views)

★★ Guide

Games a total cheatfest on pc Ranked is infested with cancer cheaters how about doing something about that

Message 112 of 126 (742 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

it just works i guess..

Message 113 of 126 (731 Views)

★★ Guide

Ranked is cool and was definitely needed, but it also needs some adjustments. On PC IT IS a camp fest and unfortunately not skill oriented as a person just camping still goes ahead and earns points. Remove the significance of placement in Ranked and the gameplay will normalize.

12 points for the champion is fine - let this be an exception as winning a match is the most difficult thing.

7 points for top 3 is okay, but here let people earn those 7 points in another ways, not just by camping their way to the top.

4 points for top 5 - same as above.

2 points for top 10 - same as above.

remove the 5 kills cap

In a skill based ranking and especially FPS game you need diverse and more complex method of calculating the rank of a player. Only placement is making this game boring and slowing down everything. Tell me do you think it is fun to sit camping 2/3 of a game just to earn some points, because there is no other way? Or to run in the first sight of an enemy team just because out of fear of losing points?

This is ridiculous - you changed the circle damage to prevent camping and now we have what - placement points. Yes, there should be placement points, but with no such impact upon the whole game.

Message 114 of 126 (722 Views)

Community Manager

@D3loFF wrote:

Ranked is cool and was definitely needed, but it also needs some adjustments. On PC IT IS a camp fest and unfortunately not skill oriented as a person just camping still goes ahead and earns points. Remove the significance of placement in Ranked and the gameplay will normalize.

12 points for the champion is fine - let this be an exception as winning a match is the most difficult thing.

7 points for top 3 is okay, but here let people earn those 7 points in another ways, not just by camping their way to the top.

4 points for top 5 - same as above.

2 points for top 10 - same as above.

remove the 5 kills cap

In a skill based ranking and especially FPS game you need diverse and more complex method of calculating the rank of a player. Only placement is making this game boring and slowing down everything. Tell me do you think it is fun to sit camping 2/3 of a game just to earn some points, because there is no other way? Or to run in the first sight of an enemy team just because out of fear of losing points?

This is ridiculous - you changed the circle damage to prevent camping and now we have what - placement points. Yes, there should be placement points, but with no such impact upon the whole game.

@D3loFF 

There's ways you can encourage more action in the game without adjusting RP. I just entered Gold League myself and noticed that if you don't get any kills and finish top 5, it's going to be one heck of a grind to get out of Gold. There are times when our squad is just trying to loot up so we're ready with lvl 2+ armors before considering a fight and suddenly there are only 7 squads left. I hope others didn't think we were camping, we just didn't see anybody! Tongue out

If you're a player with a high KLarge smile getting out of Gold and into the higher leagues shouldn't be a problem because you'll be finishing 3+ kills a game and in the top 5. 

The team made adjustments to airdrops in Season 2 which should reward more aggressive players going after higher tier loot. Now let's discuss some options here, what if these airdrops always had legendary shields, helmets, and weapons? If there are 8 squads left and 3-4 of those squads had legendary armor + weapons, I'd say if you were camping it's going to be tough to contend with. Wouldn't that create an urgency to go after them or else you'll fall behind in armor and weapon damage?

Blueberry.png
Message 115 of 126 (688 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Camper don't fight, they will let others do the bloody work, just chill then farm the result.

Message 116 of 126 (682 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@N1telok00 "The point cap on kills is going to enforce a camping play style which in my opinion is not going to be very fun"
---
This is not true, becuz if you camp you wont get more then 5 - 7 kills.

_____

"I think kills should definitely be more emphasized when it comes to rewarding points in this system!"
----
I can not agree, it's fine like it is now.
Message 117 of 126 (592 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@D3loFF
"Remove the significance of placement in Ranked and the gameplay will normalize."
---
I can not agree. It's fine like it is now.
Message 118 of 126 (591 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_Blueberry After hitting gold myself I've noticed the need for kills. Finishing top 5 on it's own will definitely be a looong grind.

I have started noticing less caution by team mates in gold. More hot dropping and suicide drops, so even with 2-5 kills, if I don't make top 5, you're just treading water.

I'm wondering if this is due to players settling for gold rank, knowing they wont derank, so they play with less consequence and end up playing casual in ranked.

Gold (or maybe low plat) is where my skill stands me if I'm honest. I don't want to rank up above my ability and then get melted every game lol.

Message 119 of 126 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I would attribute most of the no-care attitude to the inability to lose points at bottom of the rank. I've noticed that gold4's and plat4's seem to be a lot more likely to just go die early. I played a lot of solo games (hide, hide, backstab, hide) while getting through gold because of that (since early fighting is really a huge detriment).

It gets better when you get out of bottom rank yourself, but you still will get a lot of bottom rank teammates if you play random. I hope the bottom rank lock does is not here to stay as it really warps the gameplay excessively. The rewards should be given based on highest rank achieved, but the rank itself should not be locked to it.

Message 120 of 126 (572 Views)