Re: How Ranked Leagues Will Work in Season 2 of Apex Legends

by Anlbrd

Original Post

★ Guide

Guys remember to occasionally hit A/D when your farming those RP points otherwise youll get kicked for inactivity Disappointed

Message 91 of 126 (754 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My thoughts on ranked so far...

So my friends and I usually drop skulltown, hot zone, or any of the new locations to try to rack up kills. At first, I was struggling to get kills because I noticed everyone playing ranked is a lot better than playing casual. I had to adjust to this and like you said, tone down my aggressive playing style. I had a couple of wins last night with max kill RP and I am currently Silver IV. The most kills I got last night in a win was 7 compared to the 8-11 kill wins I average in casuals so ranked is definitely more competitive. 

As for the ranking system, is there a leaderboard or will there be a leaderboard so everyone can see how they match up against their friends and globally? Also, I do not like how the bronze rank requires zero RP to enter. This means that everyone will eventually get out of bronze so there will be no use for the tier. To get out of bronze, you simply just have to play. This makes silver ranking the real bronze ranking because you are able to lose points in this rank so all the "bronze" players will actually be in silver. I don't have experience in the higher ranks yet but someone made a very good point about how in higher tiers, you will have to try to get the maximum amount of kills RP to actually earn points. Right now it is easy to rank up because 17 RP games are so common but I wonder how difficult it will be once players reach higher ranks. 

Message 92 of 126 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@N1telok00 

Question: When you reach silver, is your team mate and champion also silver or still bronze?

I see youtube, it still mixed between silver and bronze (bronze > 4). I guess there's not enough silver to fill the lobby yet.

Message 93 of 126 (741 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@asukojo 

I have been playing all of my ranked matches premade so my teammates have been silver. Since I am only silver IV, there have been a mix of bronze and silver players because I am on the border I believe. Once I reach higher tiers of silver, I should see less bronze players. Also, you are probably right about they're not being enough silvers to fill the lobby yet. 

Message 94 of 126 (723 Views)

★ Guide
@N1telok00 Silver 2 here and nope, You still get bronze players.

Que time does go up pretty dramitcally though.
Message 95 of 126 (705 Views)

★★★ Guide

This ranked system is disappointing. You're still rewarding the bad playerbase that camps and cannot aim and as a result people are still forced to play with these idiots who are incapable of doing 100 damage. It's exactly like it was before the ranked system except now we got some grind progression.

Message 96 of 126 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

do u wanna know how it will work, like s---!
since I am getting disconnected every 5 or 6 game it will be such a fun to play that thing... fix ur servers before  u interduce some new things for real now, I don't wanna see a mod telling me again to do some connection testing again since its not the problem at my connection! only ur game doesn't work all the others do without a problem

dcdcdc.jpg

Message 97 of 126 (688 Views)

This game is in favor of hacker and nubs (FNG). No level requirements for ranked lol what a joke.

Message 98 of 126 (680 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry AND HOW DO u check someone stats?
Message 99 of 126 (622 Views)

★★ Pro

Pleased to admit that I was wrong about how bad the camping in ranked is.  I think that the lack of a streak badge is probably helping hugely but whatever the reason I'm really glad.  Ranked games on xbox oce have all been great so far.  People are playing much tighter which means that you have to expect 3 people to meet you like a human centipede if you hotdrop instead of it being lots of little 1v1s but I'm loving it.  GJ Respawn.

Message 100 of 126 (619 Views)