Re: How Ranked Leagues Will Work in Season 2 of Apex Legends

by Anlbrd

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You will find people is very amazing in finding loop hole, and do whatever it takes to reach their goal/destination.

Remember the time when you try to get what you want from your parents?

So...

If Apex require hide and seeks skill to be predator, they will find ways to be the best campers (bushes, tree, rocks climbing, hole, building, un-reachble places, simply running all the time, etc).

If Apex require high kills, they will find ways to collect the kills by hot drop (this will get pinalty so rate should be limited, but people is very patient, you know, slow but sure, why not? )

If Apex require high damage, they will find ways to collect the most damage by let enemy healing, revive, respawn and hurt them over and over again.

etc....

Message 31 of 126 (839 Views)

★★ Pro

I'm glad ranked is here because at least in the higher tiers there'll be SOME modicum of shame around hiding under buildings - but it feels as though lessons weren't learned from the elite mode.

It encouraged camping by rewarding placement and really by capping the kill value you're doing the same thing.

Couldn't we have a formula based on kills being worth 0.5RP each unless you get a win in which case they become worth 1.0RP ?  That way the win is rewarded, but the people who get the most reward for a win are the people who play?

Message 32 of 126 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Who it will work ? easy from day 1 hackers will make a joke, your game is infested with them and the cheat system is unable to do anything about them.

Seen the same guy about over the last 2 weeks and hes up to 16k kills lmao

Message 33 of 126 (812 Views)

★ Guide

Pretty disheartening, I was hyped for rank but i doubt its going to offer any real meaningful metric to skill after reading the scoring system.

The scoring system encourages playing scared, Hiding and looting.

At some point your going to "Fix" the scoring system so let me help in that regard at least...

Take the RP cap off of kills

Add an RP reward for damage 500dmg = 1RP then cap it at 4k dmg (this is much more impressive than hiding..Ahem i meant "surviving")

Its fine if you want to balance out the scoring system to compliment players going for the win but it isn't cool when you deter actual skilled players from even caring.

I mean...If i got 8 kills and 2k dmg in the first half of a game....Your telling me that some guy thats moving from camp spot to camp spot is going to out score me without firing a shot?

Is this real?

Message 34 of 126 (794 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You're predator who hungry for blood and big meat but only given snack as reward ??

I understand if you had 2K damage or 20 kill bomb but only 5 get point ??? It's frustating Frown

I think we can enhance with bonus point system for special accomplishment in the game, such as :

1. Two thousand damage get extra 7 RP.

2. Twenty kill bomb get extra 10 RP.

You can get only 1 of the special accomplishment, (the maximum one). So if you did:

1. 2K damage = 7 RP

2. Twenty kill bom but not reaching 2K damage: You get 10 extra RP. 

3. Twenty kill bomb and 2K damage: You get 10 extra RP (since you tend to reach more than 2K if you get 20kills so it's already included)

This way, great players feel being recognized for being a predator in the game.

Message 35 of 126 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@asukojo this is such a low amount of damage for these placements lol
Message 36 of 126 (775 Views)

★★★ Guide

They really need to stop with this whole everyone gets a medal for competing philosophy.. people really don't want to play with campers and players who are not on the same skill level as them, it's not complicated. And why are randoms playing against premades?

I'll wait and see what it's like first since I really wanted ranked in the game at the start of season one.. if it's the same old same old of being forced to play with people who play like they have never played a FPS game in their life then I don't see any longevity in the game.

Message 37 of 126 (774 Views)

Re: Season 2 Ranked Limits

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@asukojoThe point is you're penalizing players who may in fact be miles better (and "luckier") than the rest of their lobby and EDIT: *10 kill rule* allows for less people to be carried/evens out the playing field. Ex: Overwatch comp reward players with more ELO for win streaks and mult. gold metals (better performances than rest of team). In Apex's case, you can reward players for up to 10 kills. It allows better players to climb faster, rather than fighting an invisible ceiling because of RNG factors.

Message 38 of 126 (758 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Earlier I was in class so I could not make that detailed of a response but now that I have time....

This system is already receiving negative feedback from all the players albeit being one of the most exciting modes to come to Apex. 

A lot of flaws with this system has already been pointed out but i'm just going to go back over them and speak on what I think and what I saw from the forum comments. 

First of all, this ranked system promotes camping, which is no fun. There were already many complaints about apex elite and how that system also promoted camping. While making it to the last couple of squads is certainly a goal that everyone aims for when they play  and being the champion squad is the ultimate goal (maybe) for me and I am sure many others feel the same way, this win means nothing without kills. If I won a game of apex by camping the whole game and winning with only 2-3 kills, I would not feel any glory from that whatsoever. The best combination of satisfaction will definitely come from winning a game while also accumulating a high number of kills. With this being said, the developers should definitely look to change their ranked system as soon as possible. Like everyone else has been saying, the kill cap encourages camping. Once a player reaches five kills, there is no longer a incentive to go out looking for other squads to fight. This means all the players will literally camp so they can get points earned from placement. This is going to result in slow-paced games which no one is going to want to play. Here is what an alternative system that I have thought of with consideration from other player's comments...

There should be several ways to earn ranking points. Most importantly, the kill cap needs to be removed from the game as soon as possible. This should be an easy fix for the developers since the new season has not released yet. Someone else mentioned that many of the skilled players average 10-15 kills a game, and this kill cap is going to limit their ability to truly show their skill. Players definitely care about higher kill games than wins. 

An alternative system might look like...

1. Earning RP based on damage done. Damage is also another coveted stat that players strive for. Granting RP for each milestone of damage done will encourage players to go out and fight instead of camping. 

500 DMG = 1 RP

1000 DMG = 2 RP

2000 DMG = 5 RP

etc... 

2. Points for kills may increase exponentially..

1 RP for first five kills,

2 RP for kills 6-10

3 RP for kills 11-15 and so on...

This will reward higher skilled players and their ability to push others and kill players. There is no skill in placing high especially if players are camping the whole game. 

There are a couple of other issues about this ranked system that I want to talk about, but I want to see how this system works first. But this point system definitely needs to be changed. I know this won't happen but even if the devs can take the kill cap off before the new season, this system would be so much better. 

Message 39 of 126 (750 Views)

★★ Pro

Another possible solution - when you show the champions at the end of a game : display their dmg/kills/assists/revives for that game under their names instead of the player models (which everyone still spectating at the end have already seen).

A lot of players farm kills for their banner.  The elite-streak badge wreaked untold havoc on how people played in terms of promoting a campy, sluggish culture within the game.  So it shows what bragging rights displays do to influence gameplay : so show the kills/dmg etc at the end of a game.  If someone got to the end of a game with 1 kill then they can wear that publicly.  At the high end this will at least be some disincentive to ratting the games out.

Message 40 of 126 (743 Views)