Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

How Much Freedom of Builds do you have for GM3?

by Reposter

Original Post

How Much Freedom of Builds do you have for GM3?

★★ Pro

Hi guys, I was wondering do you feel that only certain builds with the current Inventory that you have are more viable to play in GM3 difficulty?

I feel my Colossus is my Primary GM3 Stronghold Javelin, my other Javelins are more for Freeplay. I can make all my Javelins to 960 Gear Score but I still feel unconfident with my other Javelins for GM3 Stronghold.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

Message 1 of 11 (592 Views)

Re: How Much Freedom of Builds do you have for GM3?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ReposterThis will depend on found gear for each as we know, the issue at times comes down to luck with the loot lotto. There are a number of must haves for each Jav IMHO but it feels open enough to allow for Ultimate, Combo, and Gun (yes, the right gun setups do work) builds based on the MW/Lego special effects. What it takes, again IMO, to have builds that can solo much of the content or allow for solid MVP group action is the combination of both good synergy and inscriptions.

Another overlooked piece is playstyle, not all playstyles work for everyone so need to find what 'marries' up with you the best for each Jav. IE what feels more natural for you, what style sets you up so you don't have to think about what you're doing. Keeps you from having to 'plan' what you need to do, all you need to do is react. This is a bigger deal than many realize I think, put someone in a killer build that doesn't feel 'right' to them then put someone else in an OK build that feels as natural as breathing to them and there's likely to be no contest as to whom is more effective. edit: and most likely no contest as to who will have more fun.

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 2 of 11 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm with @gortessoth on this one.

It's good to try different things to suit your play style, or simply to test something new. I don't think you need to restrict yourself to certain "standard" builds to have fun on GM3 with any of the four classes. Maybe it is easy and convenient with the Colossus build you are used to, but there are plenty of other options you can try. Just go for it and see.

Message 3 of 11 (533 Views)

Champion
Plus, don’t believe anyone who insists that the highest numerically calculated DPS build is the only way to play, and say you’re doing it wrong. If something is fun, play it the way you want to. If you feel like you die too often, change your build or strategy a bit. If you feel like you aren’t doing enough damage, do the same. The game isn’t so hard that min/maxing builds is the only way to get anything done.

Just another gamer hoping to help.
Love playing RPGs, MMOs, and Action games.
Like watching most other games.

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 4 of 11 (504 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

My observation is that even buddies who are pushing hard to optimize their scores or runtimes are experimenting a lot with different builds and classes, so there are plenty of options also in a more competitive context.

Though, there are certainly some universal components and class specific items you will find in most builds.

Message 5 of 11 (470 Views)

Champion
@Reposter Oh, and my go-to jav is always my storm, just because I can play it with muscle memory ... don’t have to think about which button to push. Probably just because I’ve mained it since launch. I play all the other javs, but sometimes forget what I have equipped on them haha.

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 6 of 11 (437 Views)

Champion

@ChiraaKitteh  I hear ya, it's that way for me with the Rangers. Blows my wife's mind when she's standing next to me watching me steamroll while talking with her about something and keeping eye contact with her half the time while I'm in the midst of the carnage. Can't do that with the other Jav's, come close with the Colossus but that's been my second go to Jav since launch.

"We have not succeeded in solving all your problems. The solutions we have found only serve to raise a whole new set of problems. We are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher level and about more important things." - Unknown author

Message 7 of 11 (425 Views)

★★ Pro

I tried a new Build for my 960 GS Ranger just now and manage to complete GM3 Seasonal Stronghold Tyrant Mine without needing to get rescued or Respawn. Cycle Of Pain combined with Grand Opening can be very deadly to the Swarm Tyrant, me and random team mates took it down without the Swarm Tyrant Getting away and spawning loads of Skorpion Ads. Basically it took only 2 Minutes I think to Straight away take down a GM3 Swarm Tyrant, good Fun!

Message 8 of 11 (403 Views)

Champion
@Reposter gratz, glad you found something that not only works for you but that you enjoy. That's what this is/should be all about.

Best wishes

Message 9 of 11 (388 Views)

Champion
@Reposter 'skorpion adds' is just another way of saying 'getting my ultimate back in 20 seconds'

😂

I'm not employed by EA.
Message 10 of 11 (332 Views)
Twitter Stream