Re: How Has the Ping System Helped You?

by flightlesslaw

Original Post

How Has the Ping System Helped You?

★ Novice

Disclosure: My name is Matt Kim, a reporter for USgamer.net

I'm curious to hear your stories about how the ping system in Apex Legends has helped you. Especially if you're someone who usually doesn't speak on the mic for multiplayer games, either due to shyness, anxiety, or maybe even a physical restriction that prevents vocal communication.

I'd love to hear your stories for what I think is Apex Legends' defining features.

Message 1 of 10 (400 Views)

★ Guide
I have no problem speaking on the mic in multiplayer games, but I've really been enjoying the ping system in this game. I feel that the ping system in this game is a much more efficient means of communication, there's no more of let's go over there, behind you, there's a guy on the house etc. With the ping I'm able to give other players a verbal and visual representation of what I want to communicate. I also really enjoy the ping system because as a father of three younger children I can't always have a mic plugged in so the ping system comes in handy for me.
Message 2 of 10 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I don't use a mic, i am way to shy for it hard of hearing.
The ping system is great for i don't feel so bad for not talking on a mic.
I also have industrial defenses with added tinnitus. So hearing people talk is a chalange to me too.
The ping system and the voice to text (an vicaversa) really helps me feel more 'normal' in game. I thinkmit is great idea.
Message 3 of 10 (379 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Its super easy to use and works well, I like it a lot because it helps randoms who don't have mics to show you something without having to shoot near you then at the item. its quick and simple.
Message 4 of 10 (372 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I love the ping system. It's great for laying out suggestions on where to go. Like when dropping or suggesting where to go next. I also like that you can ping enemies. It gives everyone a heads up on a rough location great for snipers to get into a good position.

Message 5 of 10 (370 Views)

★ Guide

The ping system allows me to mute all voices in the game while still being able to communicate.  There are far too many people that do not use PTT for my taste.  I'd rather not hear your dog barking, your baby crying, or you spamming click clacks.

This way I can communicate effectively without being annoyed or frustrated by mouth breathers.

Message 6 of 10 (366 Views)

★★★ Guide
It's a helpful tool for those who can't afford a mic or simply lack the social skills to do so.

Yet it's very limited or under used by the majority of players.
It's often only used to ping certain items, and occasionally an enemy's location but never used during combat or for the entirety of the game.

It's an addition to the game, but not a replacement for actual microphones.

I found myself winning more matches with all 3 squad members using their mic's than solely relying on the ping system.
Message 7 of 10 (357 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
A toooon, this ping system is revolutionary tbh
Message 8 of 10 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The ping system was good at the start because it was fresh, but now I've noticed people are wanting to horde the loot and not let their team know that something good is nearby

Message 9 of 10 (347 Views)

★ Novice

I wanna thank everyone for commenting. I'm digging through these comments now.

Message 10 of 10 (316 Views)