How Hard is Ranking to Platinum right now?

by DavidW74

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How Hard is Ranking to Platinum right now?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

How hard is Gold rank currently?  How long will it take to go from Silver 1 to Platinum 4?  PC, playing solo/aka with random players.

Message 1 of 25 (17,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How Hard is Ranking to Platinum right now?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DavidW74

Gold was easy and fun!

I won most my Gold matches back to back!

Platinum is hard and I suggest you stop playing after reaching platinum.
I will play ranked again in November.

Ranked as of now is crap.
The loot is bad and the Flux-rifle is overpowered.

Everything wrong with season 3 is amplified in ranked platinum.

I think I reached platinum 2 days ago, and havent played since.

View in thread

Message 3 of 25 (17,202 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

Playing with randoms in gold I seem to be stagnant atm. They just run around doing what ever. Hot dropping, no pinging, no focus fire, etc. Not only that they stay in party chat so I believe them to be bs'ing with each other not really focusing on gameplay. I wonder how these mentally challenged people became so high up in the ranks. With having an odd schedule it's hard to make pre-mades. I would have to have at least 4 lined up to cover the times I can play. I never used to be so stressed before playing ranked. With all the bad decision making and non cohesion mixed with atrocious connective issues makes me really hate this game all together at times.

Message 2 of 25 (17,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DavidW74

Gold was easy and fun!

I won most my Gold matches back to back!

Platinum is hard and I suggest you stop playing after reaching platinum.
I will play ranked again in November.

Ranked as of now is crap.
The loot is bad and the Flux-rifle is overpowered.

Everything wrong with season 3 is amplified in ranked platinum.

I think I reached platinum 2 days ago, and havent played since.

Message 3 of 25 (17,203 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@hhnbbfggty66 I’m almost there, gold 1 tonight, 300ish points away from plat. Very curious on current plat ranked and how it will highlight issues. I noticed a lot of the “pro” players/streamers are waiting on ranked play and only play casual at this time...things that make you go hummmm
Message 4 of 25 (17,165 Views)

Champion

@DavidW74  Probably because the difference between the ranks is so blurred at the moment, a lot of trash players higher than they should be due to getting good team mates. ;p

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 25 (17,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@DavidW74I got to Platinum IV in a few hours after being soft reset to Gold II. Platiunum is FULL of hackers. 6/10 games I had, I died to one. Not to mention the crappy RNG and constant third-partying don't all mix to form positive RP if you really can't work with what you've got.

Tips:
- Learn all the weapons. Study their recoil patterns
- Work on movement, setting, position, and aim strategies
- Once this happens ^ You'll learn to make anything work (It feels amazing downing a whole squad with a Mozambique)
- You MUST have a coordinated squad at all times for ranked this season
- Use mobility characters (Path and Octane)
- Make use of the Double-Tap and Anvil Reciever hop-ups (they're your friends. Double-Tap for close range (EVA), Anvil for mid-to-long range with the 3X HCOG Ranger optics
- Use that charge rifle (It was a beast in Titanfall 2, and still is in Apex)

That's about all I can offer, for now. I got to Diamond last season playing solo. Can't see it happening that way this season. Keep pushing, man

Message 6 of 25 (17,131 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I started in gold2 and reached plat in 2 days (playing crypto with randoms, 4 wins). Plat was still very full of predators then (they started at plat2). Now I generally see just 1-4 predators per game (I assume they all use their dive trails) and I imagine most of them will move on to diamond pretty soon, so platinum games should feel like platinum within a week or two (well there will still be a lot of ex-diamond players in plat after a week, but predators are the ones that make current platinum tough).

Same thing should be happening with gold and ex-diamonds, although I imagine most diamonds have already moved on from gold.

So generally it's hard to answer how long it would take to reach some rank starting now, since that hardly depends on how many games you play per day. The less you play early in the season, the fewer games you should need overall. E.g., it's simply easier to win gold games with just gold players than gold games that contain mostly plat/diamond players.

Message 7 of 25 (17,067 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@TomatoGun97 Thank you. I’m now a few hundred points to Platinum. I’m going to try for Diamond this season. But agree that I will need a few good men to team up with. Perhaps the kill assist will help with points. Last season I got stuck in platinum as a solo player. Could climb to plat 2 but never beyond before being pushed down.
Message 8 of 25 (16,956 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Biochemikas I think your correct and the ranking will level out. I’m trying to get ahead of it I suppose that’s not the best strat.
Message 9 of 25 (16,955 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I feel like this topic is misinterpreted and better off acknowledged as subjective. There's too many variables at play. Connection wise. Teammate wise. Play style wise. And the list goes on.  How one obtains a higher ranking is independent of the individual. I guess that is something that you'll have to figure out taking the long walk.

Message 10 of 25 (16,928 Views)