Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: How Bioware Can Bring Us All Back.

by donotwantt

Original Post

Champion

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:
It makes sense, if you just want to understand because the word itself doesn’t distort the content that much but anyway, you must have got it now.

The monitor also have different meanings over here but it’s very often used for a display. I’m pretty sure in real life the monitor is also more often used for a display then for something else in english. So yes, it is still a crappy name based on lazy writing.

Oh come on really? I don’t speak greak. I said my language is the base for your language and you think I speak greek? I mean that’s a bit funny. And then again Monitor is not a english word, it is a Latin word.

Make the monitor more difficult. Like in the Destiny raid. Even in top notch gear it was never a 30 Minute playthrough.

In the story you never played it on GM because it was the first time. That’s why it was so easy. Poor development on this side.

No it doesn’t go against each other, the story is already screwed up so there is no need to take care how fast Panasonic dies. Your conclusions are just what you want to here, but they are wrong

Monitor as the name makes perfect sense for him because that’s what he does. He monitors. It’s also a name for reptiles (such as Komodo dragons), as well as a class of naval ships. If you ask me, Oryx is a silly name for a boss. It sounds vaguely like some sort of bird. Doesn’t sound intimidating. Doesn’t mean anything. But then again, it’s subjective.

Actually, I looked it up, and it’s an anthelope. My bad, I’m trembling right now.

I guess I’m not sure why I thought of Greek. I suppose it’s because I’m getting tired of this whole conversation.

And again, if they increaded Legendary drop rates, all bosses would die even faster. And if they made the bosses harder, even more people would quit after the second chest.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 101 of 142 (112 Views)

Champion

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

OK one more time, if you don’t understand u are probably not intelligent enough. Having all lego is not top end build. The inscription have to be ALL god roll and have to fit to what you want to play. And no, there is simply no player out there who have such a build. If so, he can play lotto and win some millions.

Well then don’t play MMO‘s. Because everything you don’t like is an MMO. You don’t like loot shooter and you don’t like MMOs so why you wanted to play anthem, cause that’s what it meant to be since first time they announced it.

I never once saw it being advertised as an “MMO.” Or a “looter shooter” for that matter. I was buying a Bioware game that had what seemed like an improved version of Mass Effect multiplayer. They did not advertise a game where you’d have to grind continuously just to keep up with the difficulty tiers where matchmaking queue can actually find people to match you with.

And you’re missing my point. Yes, all Legendaries doesn’t mean god rolls. But all Legendaries dropping all the time will mean enough people will get close enough to god rolls to make GM3 easy and everything else a joke in comparison. You can do GM3 in Masterworks. You can solo GM1 in Masterworks. There will be no point in playing anything below GM2 in full Legendaries, god rolls or not. So there will be no one queueing for anything below GM2. Except for people like you, when they’re feeling generous.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 102 of 142 (108 Views)

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:
It makes sense, if you just want to understand because the word itself doesn’t distort the content that much but anyway, you must have got it now.

The monitor also have different meanings over here but it’s very often used for a display. I’m pretty sure in real life the monitor is also more often used for a display then for something else in english. So yes, it is still a crappy name based on lazy writing.

Oh come on really? I don’t speak greak. I said my language is the base for your language and you think I speak greek? I mean that’s a bit funny. And then again Monitor is not a english word, it is a Latin word.

Make the monitor more difficult. Like in the Destiny raid. Even in top notch gear it was never a 30 Minute playthrough.

In the story you never played it on GM because it was the first time. That’s why it was so easy. Poor development on this side.

No it doesn’t go against each other, the story is already screwed up so there is no need to take care how fast Panasonic dies. Your conclusions are just what you want to here, but they are wrong

Monitor as the name makes perfect sense for him because that’s what he does. He monitors. It’s also a name for reptiles (such as Komodo dragons), as well as a class of naval ships. If you ask me, Oryx is a silly name for a boss. It sounds vaguely like some sort of bird. Doesn’t sound intimidating. Doesn’t mean anything. But then again, it’s subjective.

Actually, I looked it up, and it’s an anthelope. My bad, I’m trembling right now.

I guess I’m not sure why I thought of Greek. I suppose it’s because I’m getting tired of this whole conversation.

And again, if they increaded Legendary drop rates, all bosses would die even faster. And if they made the bosses harder, even more people would quit after the second chest.

Makes totally sense, if you are a lazy writer. Question: Did your parents named you after your job description? What is it then? IT Adminstrator Smith? I don’t ask you about Oryx because you never played Destiny and you are always against everything. 

Yeah you need to look it up. But that’s the difference, nobody will do that and it’s not like it’s a daily used word. Which again indicates, you want to be right no matter the cost, nothing against you masterwork of anthem.

I was tired of this conversation since I experienced your lack of knowledge.

Basically, my reference at that point is Waframe, TD1, TD2, D1 and D2 which are in the same Genre and do what i described, so they prove your argue wrong. What reference at that genre (loot shooter) do you have to support your argue? I have also a negative reference: Anthem. You talk about something, you don’t understand.

Message 103 of 142 (101 Views)

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

OK one more time, if you don’t understand u are probably not intelligent enough. Having all lego is not top end build. The inscription have to be ALL god roll and have to fit to what you want to play. And no, there is simply no player out there who have such a build. If so, he can play lotto and win some millions.

Well then don’t play MMO‘s. Because everything you don’t like is an MMO. You don’t like loot shooter and you don’t like MMOs so why you wanted to play anthem, cause that’s what it meant to be since first time they announced it.

I never once saw it being advertised as an “MMO.” Or a “looter shooter” for that matter. I was buying a Bioware game that had what seemed like an improved version of Mass Effect multiplayer. They did not advertise a game where you’d have to grind continuously just to keep up with the difficulty tiers where matchmaking queue can actually find people to match you with.

And you’re missing my point. Yes, all Legendaries doesn’t mean god rolls. But all Legendaries dropping all the time will mean enough people will get close enough to god rolls to make GM3 easy and everything else a joke in comparison. You can do GM3 in Masterworks. You can solo GM1 in Masterworks. There will be no point in playing anything below GM2 in full Legendaries, god rolls or not. So there will be no one queueing for anything below GM2. Except for people like you, when they’re feeling generous.

Check the announcements and the first videos. It was never supposed to be a different Mass Effect Multiplayer. And yes, they never advertised that. No loot shooter ever advertised grind. But it was well known and very often shown by the devs b4 release.

Yeah you have no idea about loot shooter. I can transport this argue to every other loot shooter but suprise, there are still player on every difficulty level. You basically don’t understand and you don’t need to understand, but ppl keep playing all difficulties. They also making constantly And BTW i don’t feel generous, i am generous. But thank you Standard smile

Message 104 of 142 (98 Views)

★ Pro

@cake404  You keep saying this alot, and I cringe every time you say it. "You can do GM3 in Masterworks."

Want's to see you do GM3 in Master Works. Technically I am sure there are some out there that could do a GM3 in MW's, but I guarantee that they wouldn't be contributing at all to their squad, and would constantly have to be revived.

Message 105 of 142 (87 Views)

Champion

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

Makes totally sense, if you are a lazy writer. Question: Did your parents named you after your job description? What is it then? IT Adminstrator Smith? I don’t ask you about Oryx because you never played Destiny and you are always against everything. 

Yeah you need to look it up. But that’s the difference, nobody will do that and it’s not like it’s a daily used word. Which again indicates, you want to be right no matter the cost, nothing against you masterwork of anthem.

Basically, my reference at that point is Waframe, TD1, TD2, D1 and D2 which are in the same Genre and do what i described, so they prove your argue wrong. What reference at that genre (loot shooter) do you have to support your argue? I have also a negative reference: Anthem. You talk about something, you don’t understand.

The Monitor is not obviously not a name that was given to him by his parents. But it makes sense for him to be known by that name. We also don’t strictly know if the people under the Dominion even have given names. They could be like the qunari in Dragon Age. Those guys don’t have given names at all – they literally are named after their jobs. They also aren’t raised by their parents either.

And again, I don’t play looter shooters, so I don’t have any reference for one that works. And again, considering the all seem to be making sequels, I’m not sure what they do would really work for Anthem. I also don’t strictly consider Anthem to be a “looter shooter” (or an “MMO”) – which is one of the big reasons I play it to begin with. As far as MMOs that mostly monetize through cosmetics sales, I can point to Guild Wars 2, which specifically focuses on “horizontal progression” (i.e. giving people more options for gameplay, and more things to do in the endgame, as opposed to just grinding endlessly for more and more powerful loot).

As far as games kinda similar to Anthem where that system didn’t work, I can, again, point to Dragon Age: Inquisition (where there was basically no viable way to catch up to the people who were playing at the top tiers if you started later – without buying loot crates (which was also too expensive to really be viable).

Anyway, I feel like this discussion is going in circles, and I need a break from it.

Message 106 of 142 (86 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Daethena wrote:

@cake404  You keep saying this alot, and I cringe every time you say it. "You can do GM3 in Masterworks."

Want's to see you do GM3 in Master Works. Technically I am sure there are some out there that could do a GM3 in MW's, but I guarantee that they wouldn't be contributing at all to their squad, and would constantly have to be revived.

I’m not saying it would be easy, and people definitely would need to be revived every once in a while. But I was able to kill some stuff in GM3 TM in a MW Colossus even when I got queued for it solo. And that was before I even had all the MWs I have now. I am preetty sure our group could conceivably do it in Masterworks if we really wanted to, assuming we each coordinated our builds in advance and decided what each of us is doing. Especially if we had MWs with good inscriptions too.

There are MWs that reduce incoming damage by 75% when your shield breaks and MWs that self-repair you as you deal damage. There’s one for the Ranger that repairs everyone near you by 40% every time you detonate a combo, and the MW Seeking Missile resets every time you detonate a combo. There’s a MW that gives you a free Ultimate when you’re low on health. I am preetty sure we could do GM3 with MWs if we really wanted to. Assuming we all could get online together at the same time.

Obviously, it would be much easier to do GM3 in Legendaries. But that’s the thing, if Legendaries make GM3 easier, then what’s the point of having a higher difficulty? You’d get more Legendaires so it’s even easier and then you’d run it even faster so you can get more Legendaries... but for what?

Message 107 of 142 (71 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Yeah... The last content update convinced me to shelve this game. I think that the sunken cell was actually more depressing than no  at all.

Message 108 of 142 (55 Views)

★★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

@Fachverkaeufer wrote:

The Monitor is not obviously not a name that was given to him by his parents. But it makes sense for him to be known by that name. We also don’t strictly know if the people under the Dominion even have given names. They could be like the qunari in Dragon Age. Those guys don’t have given names at all – they literally are named after their jobs. They also aren’t raised by their parents either.

And again, I don’t play looter shooters, so I don’t have any reference for one that works. And again, considering the all seem to be making sequels, I’m not sure what they do would really work for Anthem. I also don’t strictly consider Anthem to be a “looter shooter” (or an “MMO”) – which is one of the big reasons I play it to begin with. As far as MMOs that mostly monetize through cosmetics sales, I can point to Guild Wars 2, which specifically focuses on “horizontal progression” (i.e. giving people more options for gameplay, and more things to do in the endgame, as opposed to just grinding endlessly for more and more powerful loot).

As far as games kinda similar to Anthem where that system didn’t work, I can, again, point to Dragon Age: Inquisition (where there was basically no viable way to catch up to the people who were playing at the top tiers if you started later – without buying loot crates (which was also too expensive to really be viable).

Anyway, I feel like this discussion is going in circles, and I need a break from it.

Sure, it was given to him by the writer, who had a relaxing time at his job. I don’t care about Dragon Age. I also don’t care what you don’t know. I mean how does it improve the story or make my first reflex to laugh my * off disappear when you say, what all you don’t know huh? Yeah nuff said.

Yeah you don’t have references or experience but you claim to know how mechanics as described will ruin the game while it’ll work in ALL the other games and while ppl in here and the majority out there, who played these games for years assures, it will work. That sounds very ridiculous.

No Anthem is not a looter shooter, it’s virtual reality formula 1 racing game. It looks like a loot shooter, it smells like a loot shooter, it tastes like a loot shooter....but it’s not what you want to hear what it is, so it’s something else which you can’t name. It’s getting more ridiculous here.

Guild Wars is an MMORPG. Different Genre. Yep Loot shooter also needs mir endgame content. Destiny had a lot end game content, but BW already said they don’t want to implement it. So it remains only the loot, fair enough.

Dragon Age is not similar to Anthem, different genre, argument is invalid.

Message 109 of 142 (54 Views)

★★ Guide

@donotwantt wrote:

Yeah... The last content update convinced me to shelve this game. I think that the sunken cell was actually more depressing than no  at all.

Wow this is kinda bad. Haven’t played sunken cell cause I uninstalled the game but man that’s a word.

Message 110 of 142 (52 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help