Re: How Bioware Can Bring Us All Back.

by cake404

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion

@i3ig_Gun wrote:

@cake404 if the shoe fits. 

Those games and their predicesours will agree. 

More loot, more players. It's easy math.

But does more players translate into more paying customers? Personally, I’ll keep buying shards if they keep adding story content even if the server population will dip to where I’ll have trouble matchmaking for a full group between major content expansions. I won’t buy Anthem 2, much less shards for it, if they try to pull a Destiny with it.

Granted, what I would do may or may not represent a significant portion of the playerbase. But I’m not sure chasing “more players” for its own sake is necessarily a wise move, even from a business perspective.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 11 of 142 (303 Views)

★ Apprentice

@i3ig_Gun wrote:

Simple, its not just a lack of content but loot.

The Division 2 drops high-end gear like candy because of the crazy amount of random stat rolls that change on any given item.

The more you play the more loot you get, you can grind for hours and receive 5 of the same guns and an inventory full of high-end gear all with different stats, perks and even damage...

Loot drop rates need to be substantially increased or this game will lose out to the other looter shooters available.

Bioware can release new content every month from here on out, but when players are no longer feeling rewarded for their efforts they will move on. 

Thats why we play these games, to feel rewarded for being digital badasses. Wrecking crews of machines murdering the evil masses in epic battles to be given a fist full of gear that you dont even look at because of the color (quality) of said items.

Its simple Bioware, shower us in Legendary items, increase the amount of random rolls on items, and watch your game flourish.

Amazing game play, fun mechanics, beautiful world, and awesome story isn't enough if we are not rewarded for our time. Please make this game great again.

I don't think this would be enough. 

They lack variety of MW/LEG gear/weapons. It should have at least 5 MW/LEG for each weapon/gear type for start, each one with crazy perks to make builds interesting.

LEG should be different then MW perkwise, not only the same thing with more power (several times my MW are better then my LEG due to inscription rolls).

They should think of SET items too.

If they followed the loot sample from Diablo 3 they would be in a way better position now.

The state of the game now is not rewarding and the builds you can do are not interesting. I can't do a viable build on my colossus without the shok coil that freezes. 

I hope they trun things arround and make this game shine. Until then I'll be playing other games.

Message 12 of 142 (296 Views)

★ Apprentice

@i3ig_Gun wrote:

@cake404 if the shoe fits. 

Those games and their predicesours will agree. 

More loot, more players. It's easy math.

Speaking just for myself here, I wouldn't mind if anything the game content offered was actually in any way challenging. 

-Easy is a joke

-Normal mode is easy

-Hard mode is nearly pointless and really for people who haven't finished their first play through who can't access GM yet

The bloody GM modes ONLY increase enemy HP and damage... No other material changes.

Newsflash, I'm going to quote some RPG lingo here:

THATS JUST STAT-CHECKING.

The WHOLE game ends up being a stat check with no 'feel good' moments for finishing bosses who are at best, overpowered minions with quirks built in. 

There's no real skills expression to be found in the entire game... I just walk up to an enemy and blast it... then it blasts me.. Whoever is stronger walks away then repeat.

This is making me want to play dark souls

Message 13 of 142 (292 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Crapow You can make a viable build on the Colossus without MW Shock Coil if you have friends in a Storm and/or Interceptor that you can count on for freezing stuff for you. The variety of viable builds is only limited when you’re considering self-sufficient solo builds that don’t try to play well with others.

Also, the game already has something like 150 items that each need a different MW/L perk. I agree that it would be neat to get, say, three more weapons per category (one per faction), eventually, at some point, but I’m not sure it would then be feasible to have Legendaries each have their own perks on top of that.

And then people would want the Legendary versions of the Masterworks because they’d want to combine them with existing Legendaries, and Masterwork versions of Legendaries because not everyone has the time to grind for the Legendaries. And then people would want another tier of gear once they get full Legendaries and expect all 200 of those to have unique perks as well.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

Message 14 of 142 (291 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@donotwantt Have you tried GM3 in Masterwork loadouts? It should be pretty challenging.

Of course nobody does that because it takes too long and is not optimal for loot drop/hour ratios. People want to get full Legendary sets before doing GM3, so they can farm for more Legendaries with higher stats. Challenge is nice, but most people on most days are just logging in to do the dailies and don’t really have time for it.

Also, I don’t think there is any game where combat isn’t ultimately stat-checking when it comes down to it, and bosses aren’t “just overpowered minions with quirks built in.” It’s numbers all the way down.

Message 15 of 142 (279 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can't understand after all these long winded posts why the solution is not simple. 

Play a REAL looter shooter game, and you will see what your missing. 

Anthem has incredible gameplay... but YOU ARE NOT rewarded for your time played. 

Do it, play TD2, and you will see a real Looter Shooter, play the Diablos, spend a few hours in ANY Borderlands  game and you will feel TRULY rewarded.

This game DOES NOT rewarded you for time played. 

Follow the LEADERS of this genre Bioware, and you will succeed. If not your game will be dead before summer is over.

Message 16 of 142 (264 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This game does not handle items like other games. For each legendary weapon that drops you go through 12 RNG for what you will get. I am almost full legendary on my Ranger and you know what, they all kinda suck. The inscriptions are terrible and, the way the game is going, I'm pretty much stuck with them.

Other games a legendary set is 5 or 6 items and once you get those, you're done. You got the set. Not so here.

This game should be raining legos and it would still take forever to get the build (inscriptions) you want.

Did anyone watch the last live dev feed, LOOT was constantly in the chat window. Did you see the purple rain while they were playing the new stronghold? Did you see their faces when the loot drop was terrible? They know.

Also, people actually buy shards? Dafuq?

Message 17 of 142 (252 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Too many get hung up on the word,"Legendary" and think it must be rare, while ignoring the inscriptions which are the actual farm. It's not a bunch of trees, it's a forest. Bioware could more than double the drop rate, and people would still get no where fast. It would at least give the illusion of possible progression, if they increased the drop rates.

Message 18 of 142 (238 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@i3ig_Gun wrote:

I can't understand after all these long winded posts why the solution is not simple. 

Play a REAL looter shooter game, and you will see what your missing. 

Anthem has incredible gameplay... but YOU ARE NOT rewarded for your time played. 

Do it, play TD2, and you will see a real Looter Shooter, play the Diablos, spend a few hours in ANY Borderlands  game and you will feel TRULY rewarded.

What I’m missing is why I’m supposed to care about loot so much in the first place. Like, literally, even if I enjoyed minmaxing inscriptions (which I don’t, really) – increasing loot drops are the single most boring and tedious way I could think of for doing that.

More loot means more inventory management. I am already getting really tempted to just salvage every duplicate I get after each mission without looking at the inscriptions, simply because I am getting really tired of comparing inscriptions for several minutes after each expedition and then deciding which one to keep.

I actually kinda dread getting items that are duplicates of the existing items I have but have better inscriptions. Especially when it’s things like weapons or universal components. Because that means I now have to go through twenty loadouts checking which one of them uses that locked item that needs to get salvaged, and swapping it out for the new one that may need to get upgraded after another expedition, wasting even more time I’d rather spend playing the actual game.

I wouldn’t bother checking inscriptions at all, but I feel like I have to because everything in the game feels like it’s balanced to be just that little bit underpowered so that you need that little extra boost from inscriptions to actually prime stuff with some of the weaker primers, or kill stuff with one hit/shot instead of leaving it at 5% health, etc. In that respect, they feel like day one DLC – something that was taken out the base gear just to get you to jump through an extra hoop to have your gear at nominal stats.

Pretty much all inscriptions do is **** me off. They could remove them completely tomorrow and I would consider that an improvement. The only thing I remotely like about the inscriptions is the fact that it kinda sorta hypothetically lets me “tweak” my overall build towards my playstyle. Except it’s the most awkward and cumbersome way of doing that I’ve ever seen. Of the kinds of boosts that can be achieved with inscriptions, half of them can also be achieved by using consumables. And consumables are a better mechanic, in my opinion. Similarly, I would like to see inscriptions reworked into something that’s choosable and/or craftable and/or involves ongoing cost to use. So you’re not just waiting for a +500% sniper rifle to drop so you can be forever OP with it until you’re bored with it.

About the only thing I enjoy about loot currently is getting Masterworks. I love getting Masterworks, because they’re fun. They have those game-changing procs that can pretty drastically alter how your build plays. Masterworks also feel like they’re in a good place power-wise. I can solo GM1 in MWs. GM2 in MWs is kinda like doing Hard in Rare gear when you’re below 30 – not terribly challenging in a good group, but keeps you on your toes enough that you’re not bored. And GM3 feels like it could still be done in MWs with a really good group, but it would be an epic challenge and a story to tell afterwards.

I hate getting Legendaries though. They’re overpowered to the point of being cheesy as a baseline, and they can roll inscriptions that make them even more ludicrously broken on top of that. I especially hate when I get Legendary versions of stuff I don’t actually have as Masterworks yet. That means I don’t want to scrap them because I may want to use them for the passive procs, but I also don’t want to use them in the first place because the sheer power of the Lego makes it kinda pointless to use anything other than that Lego anyway. Which is boring.

And if I was at a point where I had as many Legendaries as I have Masterworks right now, it would be sad. Because it would be just like having Masterworks, except everything is even easier – except there is no easy way to go back because I will have salvaged the Masterworks to make room for Legendaries by that point. Like, I honestly don’t get the point of Legendaries in the game right now. They’re like Epic gear when you’re under 30 – everything that’s currently available to you is now too easy, and there is no way to access the difficulty they’d be adequate for.

Except Epics are supposed to segway you to GM1. For Legendaries, I’m assuming Legendaries make GM3 feel like GM2 in Masterworks, GM2 like GM1, and GM1 completely pointless. So literally the only thing Legendaries actually accomplish is adding more of a gap between those who have been playing since launch and those who will start at a later point. I don’t get why that’s desirable.

Oh, and yea, I also don’t get why I’m supposed to be “rewarded” for playing when gameplay is awesome as it is. I play the game to enjoy it and have fun. If I don’t fundamentally enjoy the gameplay, I don’t care about the loot. If gameplay is awesome – again, I don’t get why I’m supposed to want to spend more time in inventory management.

Message 19 of 142 (222 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The first thing they have to do is stop outsourcing their servers to the lowest bidder. If we want more storage and other things that don't 'impact performance' as EA claims, they're going to have to pony up a few bucks and contract a provider that's not running their network with old WinXP boxes using squirrels and treadmills to power them all.

Message 20 of 142 (213 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help